Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ex Players - They used to play for us

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Sir Shep said:

No ex player deserves to be booed or abused, such a shame that some fans will though which of cause will motivate the player even more so. 

Fofana deffo does. Only current player where its generally justified in how he left the club. Others are more sour grapes or someone fans didnt particularly like when they were here

Edited by South Shire Fox

1 hour ago, South Shire Fox said:

Fofana deffo does. Only current player where its generally justified in how he left the club. Others are more sour grapes or someone fans didnt particularly like when they were here

What followed after he left I'd say he got out at the right time. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, South Shire Fox said:

He signed a contract and didn't honor any element of it. 

I understand it's a business to some players but he showed no respect to the club and for that I do not have much time for him. 

At the end of the day I'm a Leicester fan and he isn't. I get that. 

However I do have a sense of honor and loyalty that transcends football. He took the piss out of what I consider being a fair and decent employee of ANY entity. **** him.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

I understand it's a business to some players but he showed no respect to the club and for that I do not have much time for him. 

However I do have a sense of honor and loyalty that transcends football. He took the piss out of what I consider being a fair and decent employee of ANY entity. **** him.

Very well put.

None of us are naive enough to think players in the main really care about the club but there's a level I expect. Maddison for instance could have easily requested to go before the relegation season and I class it as some form of loyalty that he gave us and Rodgers a year more. 

What Fofana did was the final nail in our coffin really for that season. A young lad with very bad people round him. It's actually worked out well for us though given how bad he's had it since. They'll be lucky to get anyting decent for him now. 

14 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

This being said - he will 'win' a lot more at Chelsea. 

However, he'll only have ever won the FA Cup for the City. That'll be his only legacy. Wild really. Even if he gets fit he won't really figure and he'll contribute nothing significant. 

That will hurt.

1 hour ago, foxile5 said:

don’t be fooled. We were more than happy to take the money.

A cynic would say we were more than aware of his injury issues.. not played at all this season and only 15 games last year..

• Like 2

2 hours ago, foxile5 said:

meh.. paid loyalty to any entity is bullsh*t... the club sell for profit, the player leaves for their own benefit.

Even worse are 'regular' people who are loyal to their employer... who will sack them in a flash if it improves the bottom line. Loyalty is a con.*

*Except for KDH

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Brizzle Fox said:

Screenshot2024-05-02at17_10_53.png.d4b14a7e360835257fa35c7897d9bce9.png.6d035f775943ec8bc5d790985ef5d311.png

That's lovely to hear. Given his performances this season I'm sure he'll be snapped up by another Championship club this summer, so a nice way to say goodbye, in a way.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, foxile5 said:

Naaah - that contract was purely to maximise the fee we could ask for.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, davieG said:

Football Away Days  · 

· 

Rotherham keeper Viktor Johansson is paying for the first 600 pints at a pub in the town centre to thank fans for their support this season, which will likely be his final game for the club.

The Cutlers Arms will open early on Saturday and each drink will come with a card and message written by Viktor, along with a raffle for his signed shirt, and all proceeds will go to the Rotherham Hospice

438170936_464484219262348_15181616374868

He used to drink occasionally in the Blue Boar when he played for us. Really good goalkeeper too!

Posted (edited)

Actually, with Fofana, he's had such a horrible career since he left us that i don't think i would bother booing him. He was always the asset to sell anyway and if we waited another year there was always the chance that another injury would have happened playing for us.

Nuts to think he only made 52 appearances for us, and only 20 for Chelsea. 

Edited by Chelmofox

11 hours ago, filbertway said:

Naaah - that contract was purely to maximise the fee we could ask for.

Only in part. The club were publicly fuming he didn't honour the year with us before sale. That was well documented. I'm not sure why you're trying to spin this to get him off the hook/make the club look even better.

It was well negotiated, for sure, but the bloke weaseled out of it in the most heinous of ways.

3 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Only in part. The club were publicly fuming he didn't honour the year with us before sale. That was well documented. I'm not sure why you're trying to spin this to get him off the hook/make the club look even better.

It was well negotiated, for sure, but the bloke weaseled out of it in the most heinous of ways.

He did the same with St Etienne. I guess I just don't take footballers decisions as personally as some people.

He was a good player for us and we turned a nice profit on him. Unfortunately for him his legs seem to be ruined now so it's hard to see him hitting the heights he probably should have.

No hard feelings at all for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davieG said:

Football Away Days  · 

· 

Rotherham keeper Viktor Johansson is paying for the first 600 pints at a pub in the town centre to thank fans for their support this season, which will likely be his final game for the club.

The Cutlers Arms will open early on Saturday and each drink will come with a card and message written by Viktor, along with a raffle for his signed shirt, and all proceeds will go to the Rotherham Hospice

438170936_464484219262348_15181616374868

what a guy 

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

He did the same with St Etienne. I guess I just don't take footballers decisions as personally as some people.

He was a good player for us and we turned a nice profit on him. Unfortunately for him his legs seem to be ruined now so it's hard to see him hitting the heights he probably should have.

No hard feelings at all for me.

Oh yeah - I'm aware of the St Etienne thing. I thought that disgraceful, too, though it's easier swallowed when we benefit from it.

It's bigger than football - for me - I find the selfishness of modern society jarring and when it collides with Leicester negatively I suppose it hits a bit harder. I'm paid nowhere near, annually, what he is. He's probably already earned more than I, and my other half, ever will. I've shown loyalty in the workplace when I've given my word to employers over something - and I have absolutely no financial investment or emotional ties to my role or boss. It's just about being a decent person - he isn't one. And I'm happy to boo that. 

We are bitter towards Fofana because the club stood by him for a year when he was injured and he repaid that by wanting out at the earliest opportunity. An absolute shithead who deserves nothing from the game but misery, injuries and early retirement to concentrate working in the Parisian sewers so he can feel at home with all the other shits.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, sishades said:

We are bitter towards Fofana because the club stood by him for a year when he was injured and he repaid that by wanting out at the earliest opportunity. An absolute shithead who deserves nothing from the game but misery, injuries and early retirement to concentrate working in the Parisian sewers so he can feel at home with all the other shits.

You like him then.🤣