Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ex Players - They used to play for us

I'm simply refuting the idea that the deal worked out for us, it didn't.  Whether that was down to our recruitment or down  to Fofana, is immaterial.

I wouldn't say that one year's service for two year's wages was 'decent mileage' either.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, shen said:

But that's not because of Fofana that our recruitment failed or that we didn't have the foresight in this situation. 

It was a brilliant piece of business and we got some decent mileage out of him during his time here. 

It's bizarre how fans will only like players if they perform above average AND stay for a long time. If it's only loyalty, but the quality is average or less they're leeches who "suck the club dry", if they're good but leave 'too soon', they're "mercenaries", "selfish" etc etc.

Nothing to do with him moving on, we all knew he was going to go on to bigger things. However refusing to train, forcing through a move 6 months into a new contract when he owed us atleast a season and generally unsettling the team is an absolute no no. The bloke is an absolute rat and deserves all the abuse he gets. No sympathy whatsoever with how his career has panned out since

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, murphy said:

I'm simply refuting the idea that the deal worked out for us, it didn't.  Whether that was down to our recruitment or down  to Fofana, is immaterial.

I wouldn't say that one year's service for two year's wages was 'decent mileage' either.

we didn’t pay his wages for the majority of the second year, insurance did. All players are insured for exactly that reason.. to compensate  for the wages we pay someone when they get injured 

Edited by MPH

Fofana and Tielemans are both little willy pullers who shafted us in different but important ways. Both are shithouses that deserve booing next year.

Dont @ me - pessimists live longer anyway :thumbup:

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, KFS said:

Fofana and Tielemans are both little willy pullers who shafted us in different but important ways. Both are shithouses that deserve booing next year.

Dont @ me - pessimists live longer anyway :thumbup:

@KFS - okay, we won't. 

Ooops. :ph34r:

• Haha 2

A goal and an assist last night by Lookman, helping Atalanta into the final of the Europa League. 

He’s had a great season, madness we didn’t sign him permanently when we had the chance. 

• Like 3

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/im-delighted-leicester-citys-promotion-9276432

I'm delighted for Leicester City's promotion and regret the moment my legacy was tarnished
The Wales midfielder turned pundit is celebrating Leicester City's return to the Premier League, even though he knows his antics with Birmingham affected his standing at the club

ByJordan Blackwell
12:41, 10 MAY 2024

Robbie Savage is delighted for Leicester City’s success this season despite his “tarnished” legacy at the club.

A two-time player of the season winner at Filbert Street, Savage was a key man in the successful Martin O’Neill side of the late 1990s. But his relationship soured with fans when, after moving to Birmingham City, he kissed the Blues’ badge while celebrating a goal at the Walkers Stadium.

Twenty years on, Savage says he regrets that action and that he’s not lost his love for City, even if the supporters may have lost their love for him. He says he’s over the moon to see the club promoted back to the Premier League.

“Ever since the start of the season I expected Leicester to get promoted,” Savage told Planet Sport Bet. “They brought in a young head coach from Manchester City in Enzo Maresca and he’s done unbelievably well in his first managerial job. The facilities, the infrastructure and the players at Leicester at the moment are brilliant. The recruitment has been good and that is key.

“Leicester have been on some ride in the past decade with promotions, relegations, Premier League titles and FA Cup wins. It is great to see them get promoted and I always like to see my friends who are Leicester fans celebrating.

“Leicester fans will always remember me for kissing the Birmingham City badge when I moved there but there is a bigger story behind that. Part of me still regrets kissing the badge, but that happened because I was booed by the Leicester fans which I thought was unfair. My legacy was probably tarnished by that. I am absolutely delighted for Leicester, the club and its fans deserve every success.”

Joining from Crewe in 1997, Savage made 204 appearances for City over five seasons, winning the Worthington Cup with the club in 2000. After the club’s relegation in 2002, he joined Birmingham for £1.25m, and also went on to enjoy successful spells with Blackburn and Derby.

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, davieG said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/im-delighted-leicester-citys-promotion-9276432

I'm delighted for Leicester City's promotion and regret the moment my legacy was tarnished
The Wales midfielder turned pundit is celebrating Leicester City's return to the Premier League, even though he knows his antics with Birmingham affected his standing at the club

ByJordan Blackwell

Robbie Savage is delighted for Leicester City’s success this season despite his “tarnished” legacy at the club.

A two-time player of the season winner at Filbert Street, Savage was a key man in the successful Martin O’Neill side of the late 1990s. But his relationship soured with fans when, after moving to Birmingham City, he kissed the Blues’ badge while celebrating a goal at the Walkers Stadium.

Twenty years on, Savage says he regrets that action and that he’s not lost his love for City, even if the supporters may have lost their love for him. He says he’s over the moon to see the club promoted back to the Premier League.

“Ever since the start of the season I expected Leicester to get promoted,” Savage told Planet Sport Bet. “They brought in a young head coach from Manchester City in Enzo Maresca and he’s done unbelievably well in his first managerial job. The facilities, the infrastructure and the players at Leicester at the moment are brilliant. The recruitment has been good and that is key.

“Leicester have been on some ride in the past decade with promotions, relegations, Premier League titles and FA Cup wins. It is great to see them get promoted and I always like to see my friends who are Leicester fans celebrating.

“Leicester fans will always remember me for kissing the Birmingham City badge when I moved there but there is a bigger story behind that. Part of me still regrets kissing the badge, but that happened because I was booed by the Leicester fans which I thought was unfair. My legacy was probably tarnished by that. I am absolutely delighted for Leicester, the club and its fans deserve every success.”

Joining from Crewe in 1997, Savage made 204 appearances for City over five seasons, winning the Worthington Cup with the club in 2000. After the club’s relegation in 2002, he joined Birmingham for £1.25m, and also went on to enjoy successful spells with Blackburn and Derby.

Nice bloke Savage is. Remember seeing him in the Black Boy pub in Hungarton giving away his matchworn shirt from the previous day that he’d popped home to get

Edited by South Shire Fox

25 minutes ago, davieG said:

ByJordan Blackwell

Someone smells upcoming Premier League hospitality from the club...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 08/05/2024 at 13:54, South Shire Fox said:

Nothing to do with him moving on, we all knew he was going to go on to bigger things. However refusing to train, forcing through a move 6 months into a new contract when he owed us atleast a season and generally unsettling the team is an absolute no no. The bloke is an absolute rat and deserves all the abuse he gets. No sympathy whatsoever with how his career has panned out since

Fofana will be remembered here as a good player but fairly irrelevant in the grand scheme of things as he only played 37 times (according to Wikipedia). One of those might have been the FA Cup final, but give me Walshy, Matt Elliott or Gerry Taggart every day of the week. 

https://www.lep.co.uk/sport/football/preston-north-end/matty-james-bristol-city-preston-north-end-man-united-leicester-city-4625689

Former Preston North End, Man United, Coventry City and Leicester City man free agent at 32
Jordan Jones
By Jordan Jones
Published 13th May 2024, 14:30 BST

A Championship club have opted to move on their captain - who was twice a player at Preston North End.
Former Preston North End midfielder Matty James became a free agent at the weekend after being told his contract wouldn't be renewed.

The 32-year-old is leaving Bristol City after three season as a player at Ashton Gate. He is leaving along with Andi Weimann who is currently on loan at West Brom, as well as Andy King who has announced his retirement at 35.

James made 43 appearances in all competitions for the Robins this season and was captain in 25 of the 37 Championship games that he played in, scoring three goals. Liam Manning, who replaced Nigel Pearson in October however is putting his stamp down on to the squad and is allowing one of their key players to leave with an eye on signing players that fit in to his brand of football.

• Like 1

James managed a surprising amount of appearances in his time at Bristol considering his injury problems before that with us. Pleased for him and reward for the work put in on those long hard dark days of recovery.

Got me thinking about the likes of Ross Barkley who has seemed to fit for most of this season, Danny Welbeck who has managed a modestly decent couple of years or so at Brighton that wouldn’t have seemed believable in his latter Arsenal days, Ricardo, Justin, how there can be light at the end of the tunnel, it can happen, Jack Wilshire may re-consider retiring at this rate! Expectation and being well managed / protected are factors for some  of those, time will tell how and why our injury record seems to have improved, I do still squirm when Ricardo stretches for a 50/50 ball (or if Justin goes down) but touch wood along with his positional change perhaps protecting him or adapting to his circumstances he seems to have turned the corner coming through most of the season relatively unscathed. The fact we missed him so much when he did get an injury says a lot about his renewed relevance and importance.