Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ex Players - They used to play for us

1 hour ago, sishades said:

We are bitter towards Fofana because the club stood by him for a year when he was injured and he repaid that by wanting out at the earliest opportunity. An absolute shithead who deserves nothing from the game but misery, injuries and early retirement to concentrate working in the Parisian sewers so he can feel at home with all the other shits.

Have you been eating lemons since the day he left? Fvck me. You sound like a petulant child.

Get over it. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, sishades said:

We are bitter towards Fofana because the club stood by him for a year when he was injured and he repaid that by wanting out at the earliest opportunity. An absolute shithead who deserves nothing from the game but misery, injuries and early retirement to concentrate working in the Parisian sewers so he can feel at home with all the other shits.

Stood by him? What do you think the club were going to do with probably their biggest asset?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ajthefox said:

Have you been eating lemons since the day he left? Fvck me. You sound like a petulant child.

Get over it. 

As a petulant child I am entitled to be petulant. Its in my nature.

Edited by sishades

With Kingeh retiring, Albrighton on his way out, Vardy looking like he's nearing the end, Shinji back as a retired player, and Pearson entering his dotage it's all starting to feel a bit sad and sepia.

Soon nobody associated with the glory years will be left playing or involved with the club. 

I do find myself wondering if I'll ever love another team as a set of players like I have most of the last decade and a bit.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, foxile5 said:

With Kingeh retiring, Albrighton on his way out, Vardy looking like he's nearing the end, Shinji back as a retired player, and Pearson entering his dotage it's all starting to feel a bit sad and sepia.

Soon nobody associated with the glory years will be left playing or involved with the club. 

I do find myself wondering if I'll ever love another team as a set of players like I have most of the last decade and a bit.

Careers are so short and transfers so frequent, it's amazing we had a decade each from Kingy, Albrighton and Vardy.  Just as amazing that they were men of value not just as footballers. *

Whether or not we embrace the changing of the guard, we have no choice but to accept it.

There will never be another age quite so golden, with heroes so legendary and loyal.  The stuff of myth in a world that has passed far beyond myth.

But -- if we insist on holding the future to that standard, we will miss a lot of joy and fail to appreciate some good and hopefully great players.

• Like 3

On 03/05/2024 at 09:58, Chelmofox said:

Actually, with Fofana, he's had such a horrible career since he left us that i don't think i would bother booing him. He was always the asset to sell anyway and if we waited another year there was always the chance that another injury would have happened playing for us.

Nuts to think he only made 52 appearances for us, and only 20 for Chelsea. 

I forgot he plays to be honest thought he left the uk for saudi teams or some other

4 hours ago, Phenom said:

The Fofana hate is strange. In the end, he did what was best for him. He’s set for life even if he never plays again. It worked out for us, too.

That's one side to the coin and if we purely wanted the club to do well on business terms I'd agree. 

However the relationship I/we have with the club isn't just borne of that. It's emotional. Most of us love the club in a way we don't live a broadband provider and the disrespect and indignity shown in his behavior was insulting. He treated so so poorly something I love so very much. 

21 hours ago, foxile5 said:

Rudkin will still be here. 

On 05/05/2024 at 00:32, HybridFox said:

Blimey Ian Marshall's gone a bit right wing on his Twitter account. Retweeting the likes of Tommy Robinson. Going the way of Le Tissier

Some people go mental under the slightest criticism. The domino effect from being criticised for posting "If you can't afford heating, put a jumper on, sent from South Africa where it's currently summer" to this is insane.

1 minute ago, Phenom said:

Why is the club wishing Tielemens a happy birthday?

Because he played for us?

On 05/05/2024 at 05:15, foxile5 said:

the disrespect and indignity shown in his behavior was insulting. He treated so so poorly something I love so very much. 

We can’t act surprised or upset . He didn’t do anything different to us than what he did when leaving St Etienne. We were happy to take him then and not hold it against him weren’t we?

• Like 1

On 05/05/2024 at 06:11, Phenom said:

The Fofana hate is strange. In the end, he did what was best for him. He’s set for life even if he never plays again. It worked out for us, too.

Fofana certainly did what was best for Fofana, that's for sure, but it did not work out for us.

We had to pay a sizeable amount of the fee to St. Etienne due to the sell on clause.

We were left high and dry when he got injured (not his fault, of course) and rushed into spending £15m on Vestergaard.  For all his plaudits  earned in The Championship this year,  he was sinply a liability in the prem for us.  

The following year, as Fofana forced his move, we were left high and dry again and had to rush back  into the market for Wout Faes.  Veatergaard being completely out of favour.  That was arguably another poor signing as we were subsequently relegated.

It really didn't work out for us and we didn't make any money out of the saga.

15 minutes ago, murphy said:

Fofana certainly did what was best for Fofana, that's for sure, but it did not work out for us.

We had to pay a sizeable amount of the fee to St. Etienne due to the sell on clause.

We were left high and dry when he got injured (not his fault, of course) and rushed into spending £15m on Vestergaard.  For all his plaudits  earned in The Championship this year,  he was sinply a liability in the prem for us.  

The following year, as Fofana forced his move, we were left high and dry again and had to rush back  into the market for Wout Faes.  Veatergaard being completely out of favour.  That was arguably another poor signing as we were subsequently relegated.

It was hardly a well kept secret was it, it's our own fault if we weren't already planning to sign a replacement if we knew we were going to eventually let him go for a certain price.

11 minutes ago, murphy said:

But that's not because of Fofana that our recruitment failed or that we didn't have the foresight in this situation. 

It was a brilliant piece of business and we got some decent mileage out of him during his time here. 

It's bizarre how fans will only like players if they perform above average AND stay for a long time. If it's only loyalty, but the quality is average or less they're leeches who "suck the club dry", if they're good but leave 'too soon', they're "mercenaries", "selfish" etc etc.

• Like 1