Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fuchsntf

That Chasm..Top 6 >>us & the Rest<<

I have often posted we underrate the top Clubs squad qualities,clout & what they bring. 

For the 1st time since promotion

(Title year included)..our youth philosophy,and now dipping wisely into the transfer market..doesn't mean we are automatically going to walk into a top 6 placings, and posters expectations should therefore be set higher...

No my friends I see it totally differently...

It means only that we now find ourselves,after many years/seasons of insecurities...we can now consolidate and make ourselves competitive in the PL. Giving us a future at the higher end of the PL for more season's a level before we could even hope and dream of assertaining. It's not something we have yet reached, where all things are obvious and now expected .We are just starting out!!

Our present situation thanks to some prudent planning and also failed and wasted time,thanks partially to Firstly Pearson and lately Puel,we have built a more workable platform..Which like the owners promised 'so we can compete for top 6'...

We have not yet reached anywhere near where we can see it being guarranteed..!!

Our recent player investments,and backing of youth has improved our potential incredibly,compared to our past.We have now  become a PL competitor and stopped becoming "cannon fodder",

With a couple of glory games.with

a yo-yo tied to our backs.

But..that chasm of bridging that top 6,like Spurs have done is still an ambition and not a reality. 

When fans believe the likes of Manutd,Arsenal,even an inconsistent,always rebuilding Chelsea are > shite or crap ,and ready for a fall<

Ridiculously Underestimate/forgotten  ,the work that these clubs have put in to create their own youth system,investment of young new buys,and the hard finances they have built just around the "playing squad set up....

That chasm is still massive!!

Edited by fuchsntf

The league is the top 6 and the bottom 14. It's effectively two divisions in one. To break into the top six takes £ billions. Man City were a division two side to bottom half top league before the big money arrived. Same with Chelsea. Both of those were £2bn+ projects when transfer fees were a small fraction of what they are today. What took £2bn 5 years ago would take nearer £10bn today. So the top six is pretty much cemented in as even Spursy have a squad valued at multiples what Everton, Leicester or Wolves squad valuations are. 

You only win the league with big money or when everything comes together in a perfect one off season.

I still see this coming season as a great chance to secure a top six place. I don't think Rodgers, Tielemans and Perez, would have come here if they didn't think we had the squad, ambition, drive and passion to achieve this.

Man Utd are in yet another transitional stage and I'd be surprised if OGS is still there at Xmas. I just don't rate him as a P/L manager.  He couldn't handle the situation at Cardiff, and the Man Utd job looks too much for him. Pogba seems a huge problem and the reports of poor team spirit with huge egos doesn't bode well either. A lot of poor players are still there and no-one seems to want to buy those fringe players either. Without C/L it's not easy to sign the best players. I'm really surprised Maguire is even considering going there in their present situation.

Chelsea are also in a position where this season could be tricky. A ban on transfers, a rookie manager, and the extra pressure of Champions League football adding to their fixtures.

As for Arsenal, they are struggling to sign top players, making low offers for players and seemingly getting nowhere, and with no C/L signing top players is much harder. They were terrible away from home last season and looked very flimsy.

I'd worry more about the clubs around us. Wolves, Everton and West Ham are also looking to break into the top 6 and they all look more of a threat to me than Chelsea, Man Utd and Arsenal. All have more settled squads, decent managers and seem to be making good signings.

I see it as three divisions this season, a top 2, then a league of 8, then a league of 10.

It really will be an interesting season.

• Like 1

@fuchsntf do you need a cuddle? 

I enjoy your posts but they have definitely taken a darker turn in recent weeks.

Very critical of differing opinions.

People are idiots. Accept it and move on ?

I am optimistic for the season which may sometimes manifest itself into comments like man u are shit. Its all relative. And hopefully relative to our team.

Only time will tell.

?

• Like 1

We only have to finish higher than one of the "big" clubs to make it into the top six. It seems that, this season, that may very well be a reality. 

• The honeymoon period might well be over for Manchester United back after hiring Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. Man U finished the season with 2W, 2D, 5L in their last 9 games. How long will they keep Ole in charge if they start the season off poorly?
  • Chelsea are transfer banned, lost their manager to Juve, and lost their best player in Eden Hazard to Real Madrid. Frank Lampard is relatively inexperienced as a manager, and has not managed a team at this level.
  • Tottenham have made very few moves in the summer, and Harry Kane's has shown a track record of missing considerable time due to injury. It would be very hard to replace Christian Eriksen, should he leave in the summer.
  • Arsenal also finished the season off poorly. 2W, 1D, 4L in their last 7 games. They have done very little in the transfer window. 

Not to mention all of these teams have European competitions. We saw how, in our title winning season, having fewer fixtures gave our team an advantage in terms of travel, fatigue, and focus.

In my opinion, the hard part will not be finishing above one of the aforementioned clubs. The hard part will be finishing above all of the rest. There is a lot of quality in - Wolves, Watford, Everton, West Ham, etc. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

There is no ****ing chasm stop repeating this stupid Sky Sports bullshit. 

There's a top two, then there's Spurs, then there's everyone else. 

Sky..took it from me..:giggle:

I might be full of it..but let's see ...

Until one of the 1-2 chasing pack,

knock those top 6 off their pedastels 

Consistently,not for one season,I will keep to my bullshit..

In other posts I have also stated we are

IMO going into a fascinating period what I believe the most Competitive for ALL top 8-10 teams...The wind is changing,just maybe (hopefully) there will be a changing of the old top 6 guard.

It's my opinion though that bridging what I call chasm will not be so easy as

Some will have...Until we have a change

in the fact of consistent results and EOS

positional changes.I will keep to that thought.

Like Liverpool who drifted shortly out of competing for top 4 places before them ,Chelsea Arsenal and Manutd have the in place finances

and club structure,to shake poor or dip in form periods off.They are not in the

Position of stress like the chasing pack to prove themselves,they still have deeper quality squads and cover to call on..Plus traditional & financial clout.They can also entice quality into their camp, no problem..

What could well happen,is any could implode at any time,but unlike Newcastle and ourselves/the rest, they

Will have enough business & sponsorship suitors who will jump also on historical tradition to jump into any void. So they for their standard they might struggle,but will find their feet quicker...

I would add,I don't know if the same could be said of Man.city if they lost their owners.they haven't yet hit the others long period of tradition.

Chelsea I believe could carry their Abrov.

Owner loss...simply big London club draw for outside investment!?

I took this choice to post the topic because I seen many really believing we can jump into the top 6-4 placings and actually by their posts expect it...!!

Like any fan from the 3 Ws and ourselves, I would love nothing more...

But so far we have just,taken a big swipe,with good and not blind organisation,given us a big potential to

Compete and only compete for those covetted placings. Not that we should be taken anything for granted....

Besides I like the word chasm ....before

Sky kidnapped it from my own wonderfull exciting posts..:cool:

Edited by fuchsntf

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

There is no ****ing chasm stop repeating this stupid Sky Sports bullshit. 

There's a top two, then there's Spurs, then there's everyone else. 

Going to put the boat out and say that LCFC are a bigger club than Spurs, overall.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

The likes of Chelsea, Arsenal, and Utd may be going through a blip, but they will be back and will always be around the top 6. They are massive clubs and will always attract the top players and be able to pay the most.

We are having pretty much the most succesful period in the clubs history right now, and hopefully still have a few years yet around the top. But we are only one bad managerial appointment from dropping back to mid-table, the bottom half, or even the unspeakable. If this happens, our ability to recruit top class players over the long term will diminish a lot faster than Chelsea etc.

Anyone who has supported City for any decent period will surely know to enjoy these good times because we have always been a yo-yo club, we are currently at the apex of the up-yo

Edited by jim5000

5 hours ago, Bazly said:

The league is the top 6 and the bottom 14. It's effectively two divisions in one. To break into the top six takes £ billions. Man City were a division two side to bottom half top league before the big money arrived. Same with Chelsea. Both of those were £2bn+ projects when transfer fees were a small fraction of what they are today. What took £2bn 5 years ago would take nearer £10bn today. So the top six is pretty much cemented in as even Spursy have a squad valued at multiples what Everton, Leicester or Wolves squad valuations are. 

You only win the league with big money or when everything comes together in a perfect one off season.

1 hour ago, jim5000 said:

The likes of Chelsea, Arsenal, and Utd may be going through a blip, but they will be back and will always be around the top 6. They are massive clubs and will always attract the top players and be able to pay the most.

We are having pretty much the most succesful period in the clubs history right now, and hopefully still have a few years yet around the top. But we are only one bad managerial appointment from dropping back to mid-table, the bottom half, or even the unspeakable. If this happens, our ability to recruit top class players over the long term will diminish a lot faster than Chelsea etc.

Anyone who has supported City for any decent period will surely know to enjoy these good times because we have always been a yo-yo club, we are currently at the apex of the up-yo

That's the spirit! Might as well give up now. If only Wolves, Watford and Everton realised this too.

Relegation looms.

The problem is the perception. Just read some truly idiotic comments from the Nigeria manager who said that with Mikel retiring they have to replace him, he said they have Ndidi but he doesn't play for a top 6 team. What ****ing bearing does that have on him as a player? It is beyond frustrating to read and this kind of comment supports the agenda of the top 6 being everything, also doesn't help players mindsets at all.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bazly said:

No point in trying anymore then? 

Sorry to invade your gloom, but at the age of 73, & having supported this beautiful, infuriating team for 65 years, I'm giddy with excitement at the prospect of the coming season.  Fourth is totally possible.

Edited by PaulW
  • Like 1

With all the shenanigans going on at MUFC, Arsenal and Chelsea I have to agree that there seems to be a clear top 2/3, followed by a chasing pack, including ourselves, of perhaps up to 8 clubs who could possibly challenge for the remaining European slots. I am sure the likes of Wolves, Everton etc all see the same opportunity as ourselves so I think it could be a very interesting season ahead.  I would not be surprised, if come next May thee are not a couple of new names in the hat for the euro draws and hopefully one of them will be LCFC.

All said, we should not get too carried away, only disappointment and discount lie in that direction.  I will be more than happy if we improve on the 9th place of last season and are at least competing for one of those spots. I really can see some rotation of the top six places over the coming seasons.

On 18/07/2019 at 10:29, fuchsntf said:

I have often posted we underrate the top Clubs squad qualities,clout & what they bring. 

For the 1st time since promotion

(Title year included)..our youth philosophy,and now dipping wisely into the transfer market..doesn't mean we are automatically going to walk into a top 6 placings, and posters expectations should therefore be set higher...

No my friends I see it totally differently...

It means only that we now find ourselves,after many years/seasons of insecurities...we can now consolidate and make ourselves competitive in the PL. Giving us a future at the higher end of the PL for more season's a level before we could even hope and dream of assertaining. It's not something we have yet reached, where all things are obvious and now expected .We are just starting out!!

Our present situation thanks to some prudent planning and also failed and wasted time,thanks partially to Firstly Pearson and lately Puel,we have built a more workable platform..Which like the owners promised 'so we can compete for top 6'...

We have not yet reached anywhere near where we can see it being guarranteed..!!

Our recent player investments,and backing of youth has improved our potential incredibly,compared to our past.We have now  become a PL competitor and stopped becoming "cannon fodder",

With a couple of glory games.with

a yo-yo tied to our backs.

But..that chasm of bridging that top 6,like Spurs have done is still an ambition and not a reality. 

When fans believe the likes of Manutd,Arsenal,even an inconsistent,always rebuilding Chelsea are > shite or crap ,and ready for a fall<

Ridiculously Underestimate/forgotten  ,the work that these clubs have put in to create their own youth system,investment of young new buys,and the hard finances they have built just around the "playing squad set up....

That chasm is still massive!!

Before I read this odd poem, can you edit the thread title so it it doesn’t make me want to kill myself with grammatical rage every time I see it please?

7 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Before I read this odd poem, can you edit the thread title so it it doesn’t make me want to kill myself with grammatical rage every time I see it please?

Do not worry,we will have a bloody good wake on your behalf...

Don't upset St Peter with gate rage when you go through those pearlies..:wave: