Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jim5000

Did Fuchs stay this summer?

I was under the impression that Fuchs said he was leaving after last season and was planning to move to america, yet he's in the training photo's and the club aren't looking to bring in another left-back.

Did I imagine him saying he was leaving, or has he changed his mind?

1 hour ago, jim5000 said:

I was under the impression that Fuchs said he was leaving after last season and was planning to move to america, yet he's in the training photo's and the club aren't looking to bring in another left-back.

Did I imagine him saying he was leaving, or has he changed his mind?

Pay attention at the back!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

Signed an extension in May I think it was. One more season, then he's off to New York to try and make it in the NFL. 

Which means we might need TWO left backs next summer...

Chilwell? I do hope the lad stays.

That'd be one more left-back to go then, preferably a home-grown one.

3 hours ago, jim5000 said:

That makes sense (apart from the NFL part!!)

:thumbup:

He's always said he fancied trying out as a kicker. He can probably earn a few hundred k a year for next to no work, and concentrate on his other business out there.

Down side is the amount of travelling compared to the UK, but as he spends a lot of his down time flying to NY to see his wife I guess he's used to it 

8 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

I dont watch any american football but is this nfl dream of his realistic in anyway, one big bloke running and smashing into him and it's game over I reckon.

With his wand of a left foot he's aiming to be the kicker. Which is literally come on, kick the ball under no pressure of being smashed to pieces, then go off again.

Sounds like he's pretty suited to it.

12 minutes ago, glenny_fox said:

With his wand of a left foot he's aiming to be the kicker. Which is literally come on, kick the ball under no pressure of being smashed to pieces, then go off again.

Didnt realise that was a thing, what an easy job

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, lgfualol said:

I dont watch any american football but is this nfl dream of his realistic in anyway, one big bloke running and smashing into him and it's game over I reckon.

1 hour ago, glenny_fox said:

1 hour ago, lgfualol said:

Didnt realise that was a thing, what an easy job

Ahem! Check this out. There's some absolute doozies in this here vid. 

2 hours ago, glenny_fox said:

Not completely correct. If he's going in as a kicker for filed goals yes. If he ends up punting. You can get smashed more often if the defence gets it wrong.

But yes for the money it's an easy life.

5 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Chilwell? I do hope the lad stays.

That'd be one more left-back to go then, preferably a home-grown one.

The club produced Sheehan, then Mattock, then Schlupp and then Chilwell. There's a clear pattern. The next one is going to be pretty bloody special.

25 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

The club produced Sheehan, then Mattock, then Schlupp and then Chilwell. There's a clear pattern. The next one is going to be pretty bloody special.

Maybe just maybe the next one could be almost as good as Oooh Aaah Nicky Platnauer!

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Looked rather off-pace in the first half, then somehow magically found more gas in the basement after half-time.

Surprising stamina on the whole.

To be honest, I had more or less written him off. Was never the fastest full-back to begin with, and his speed is declining due to natural causes.

Impressed by his second-half performance, that is all.

• Like 2

I am Not understanding this First half thing.....from the fans.!!    

The Team and Fuchs, After a slow start, & after a Top Teams normal First Home game First 10-15 mins,and we Bloody Held them!!!

Both Wolves and Chelsea have Top competitive games behind them,some Rythmus to their game,cut the crap about being tired....14-17 Quality players to chose from...1St selection-rotation und bench...

To all these looking only for negatives,or blaming first games errors/and normal game Performance to point score...Sorry but Wow!!!!

where is the support,the early season encoragement,that any team can and should expect,from home supporters..!!!

Fk right to an opinion,thats my opinion!! I just Feel as bombastic in defending the present Set up.....We aint the complete and finished article!!!

Listen to the players and Brendan Rodgers...are your all deaf,to reasoning or insistent in completing a poor pundits agenda!!!

Its only my opinion though....!!:D

Edited by fuchsntf

Fuchs was like Benjamin Button on Sunday, he seemed 10 years younger in the second half.

Brendan Rodgers quickly identified that players like Fuchs and Morgan would be important figures in the dressing room even if they wouldn't be first team regulars, hence their new deals. Fuchs was 100% leaving (and probably Morgan too) until Rodgers came in.

• Like 1

To me, he is, and as I thought he was last season, the best LB in our team. I get that Chilwell is the future - and he was given so much time and patience to learn and improve last two seasons which we do not afford other youngsters - but Fuchs has always looked better particularly when going forward.

His simple and direct style suits Rodgers game plan better than Chilwell’s slow dribble dribble stop turn pass back (or dribble dribble dribble until byline) sort of approach. 

I think Fuchs deserves to keep his place next game. Chilwell is in no danger long term so this is just to give him something to think about. He cannot just think he is always an automatic choice despite playing crap and others doing better.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Looked rather off-pace in the first half, then somehow magically found more gas in the basement after half-time.

Surprising stamina on the whole.

To be honest, I had more or less written him off. Was never the fastest full-back to begin with, and his speed is declining due to natural causes.

Impressed by his second-half performance, that is all.

They all looked off the pace in the first half. Chelsea’s intensity was pretty impressive in the opening stages of the game to be fair to them.