Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

The Politics Thread 2019

17 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Well I for one think Boris has started off ok:D

So did Musa!.. 

Just let Boris be Boris, 

He'll f**k up. 

The man is a grade 1 muppet 

Sit back, enjoy, and watch him destroy himself, The Tory Party and Brexit.. 

Good riddance to all three! 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Innovindil said:

Cheers for the offer mate, but with how high tensions are running round here atm, I'd rather go balls deep in a big spikey cactus. lol

....chicken. :D

But seriously man, I totally understand the reticence.

10 hours ago, Innovindil said:

Cheers for the offer mate, but with how high tensions are running round here atm, I'd rather go balls deep in a big spikey cactus. lol

What concerns me is that it would appear as though you've done this before.  Who needs ribbed condoms when youve got spikey cock lol

Every day this goes on I get the sinking feeling the next few years are going to be proper ugly for the economy,  the union, politics, poverty, employment etc. ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 26/07/2019 at 23:48, lifted*fox said:

I'm sure people on here know him IRL and maybe he's a lovely bloke but I can only go on what I saw here tbf. don't wish the guy any ill and hope he's in fine health, etc. but certainly ain't missed by me. 

brings me to one final point - I see some posts about all of the 'intelligent discussion' having disappeared from this thread along with certain prominent pro-brexit posters.

there can't be many intelligent things left to say in defence of the circus that Brexit has turned out to be. I'd be embarrassed to continue trying to justify it as well tbf. it's no wonder people have bailed out. 

you backed a shitty horse with 3 legs, it runs kinda funny and it's gonna fly off course and trample people but they wanna poke fun at you for backing it before it does. 

Just because some people don't post doesn't mean they've "backed out". Maybe they've just other, better things to do. In real life, mind. Or they are being moderated... :whistle:

You could equally say that there are others who simply enjoy the argument for the sake of it, constantly bashing pro-Brexiters, Trump-defenders (whatever you want to call them, as long as their political or social views don't completely adhere to yours), acting in some sort of echo chamber, mostly surrounded by people who share the same opinion or who simply love handing out likes. It's turned into a gigantic time-wasting exercise.

I sense a lot of anger and man-hating there, and I'm not sure to what extent it is truly warranted or simply a construct built on clouds.

As a consequence, the back-and-forth then often turns personal and rather nasty. I think we should be acting above that, but some just can't help it... The constant idiotic labeling has got to stop, get off people's backs. Especially employing the "racist" card for anything you don't agree with has become a laughable - and potentially dangerous - idea.

I think the discussion surrounding Brexit in particular has become overly redundant, as the UK seems to have been going in circles for a while now (since the vote), and I suppose a lot of people would love this conundrum being resolved, so there's finally other issues to take care of in daily life, be it on a personal, economical or political level.

Get it done, work on overcoming the immediate side effects and get better again as a nation. Together.

The fact that it's so easy to join the EU, but so hard to quit in comparison and the lack of transparent democratic processes and the lack of direct participation by EU voters should give every other member nation cause for concern...

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 2

Can't wait to crowd the rejuvenated beaches of Engeeerrddlaaandd for my summer holidays, fighting on the sand over cans of SPAM and ration vouchers in my swimming trunks. 

Will defo be much better than nice quiet camping holidays in the south of France with nice cheap bottles of good wine. Who needs 'em, eh. 

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Buce said:

They’ll be no time for holidays, bro - we’ll be too busy hunting rabbits in the fields and growing spuds where our lawn used to be, like the good old days. 

Welcome to Banana Republic Britain. 

BUT CORBYN IS GOING TO STEAL OUR LAWNZ

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, lifted*fox said:

Can't wait to crowd the rejuvenated beaches of Engeeerrddlaaandd for my summer holidays, fighting on the sand over cans of SPAM and ration vouchers in my swimming trunks. 

Will defo be much better than nice quiet camping holidays in the south of France with nice cheap bottles of good wine. Who needs 'em, eh. 

Are you boycotting Europe as a holiday destination for some reason?  Strange choice.

14 hours ago, Buce said:

Don’t worry, it’ll be fine.

We won a war once.

Twice actually.. 

And the World Cup!.. 

Yeah!!.. We're Great Britain.. We don't need any Johnny Foreigner's telling us what to do!.. 

Oh yer, forgot.. 

We also ruled Indian as well once. 

13 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Just because some people don't post doesn't mean they've "backed out". Maybe they've just other, better things to do. In real life, mind. Or they are being moderated... :whistle:

You could equally say that there are others who simply enjoy the argument for the sake of it, constantly bashing pro-Brexiters, Trump-defenders (whatever you want to call them, as long as their political or social views don't completely adhere to yours), acting in some sort of echo chamber, mostly surrounded by people who share the same opinion or who simply love handing out likes. It's turned into a gigantic time-wasting exercise.

I sense a lot of anger and man-hating there, and I'm not sure to what extent it is truly warranted or simply a construct built on clouds.

As a consequence, the back-and-forth then often turns personal and rather nasty. I think we should be acting above that, but some just can't help it... The constant idiotic labeling has got to stop, get off people's backs. Especially employing the "racist" card for anything you don't agree with has become a laughable - and potentially dangerous - idea.

I think the discussion surrounding Brexit in particular has become overly redundant, as the UK seems to have been going in circles for a while now (since the vote), and I suppose a lot of people would love this conundrum being resolved, so there's finally other issues to take care of in daily life, be it on a personal, economical or political level.

Get it done, work on overcoming the immediate side effects and get better again as a nation. Together.

The fact that it's so easy to join the EU, but so hard to quit in comparison and the lack of transparent democratic processes and the lack of direct participation by EU voters should give every other member nation cause for concern...

There's not another EU nation member stupid enough to contemplate leaving perhaps? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lgfualol said:

Wondering if I need to get my UK savings over to Germany before a pound is worth about 10 cent. 

I can't believe how ****ed the UK will be. It completely blows my mind. 

Make sure you use Deutsche Bank I heard they are in good shape and have no issues ;)

22 minutes ago, weller54 said:

There's not another EU nation member stupid enough to contemplate leaving perhaps? 

There are a handful, and the list keeps growing.

Poland.

Hungary.

Sweden.

The Netherlands.

France sees the Rassemblement National under Marine Le Pen rising.

Italy under Salvini (Lega Nord), with support by the Cinque Stelle still.

The EU would be best advised to take care of secessionist tendencies by finally coughing up more transparent, more sensible and truly democratic solutions to their political and economic processes.

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

I can't believe that the anti-democratic argument is still being raised when we're seemingly heading towards a no deal Brexit that is based on a 52% yes or no vote with no further details, and lead by a person voted for by less people than voted for Rylan to win X-Factor. I studied European Union Law for 2 years (and hated it) and without doubt the positives outweighted the negatives, and that's not to say there aren't/weren't negatives. As has been said, it's better to be inside trying to reform than storming out. I think Italy may well follow suit, but as much as I love the country I'm not sure I'd ever want to follow suit with their politics. 

I agree that we all want this sorry affair to be put to bed, but we still want it to be done properly and not a baby out of with the bath water situation. I'd rather it takes another year and is done succesfully, than it take a couple of months to appease a certain percentage of people. I do honestly wonder what the hardcore Brexiteers are going to do with themselves when it's over, the ones who eat, sleep, drink and inject Brexit. The ones who have Brexit as their display picture, username, wallpaper and a dog named after it. I guess it's going to be a little bit like when we lost to Hull on the opening day of 2016/17, only much worse.  Same goes for the hardcore remainers too, but the likelihood is of course that they will still have an argument to make. 

"Anti-democratic" is harsh a term, and I wouldn't use it. It has an air of conspiracy theory. But you'd concur there's loads of room for improvement to make it more democratic and little done about it, as far as I can tell. The idea of a Superstate somewhat frightening, and I don't see the EU as overly open about their core interests with the expansion, appears to me to be self-absorption disguised as economic help (which actually enforces and/or worsens economic dependencies between many member states and the EU).

Your Regular Joe has little to no idea in what ways the EU can impact or does impact his or her life for the better. There's this shroud of mystery surrounding the construct, the physical distance to Brussels, the fear of losing independence and the right to vote directly for ones own personal future decisions. The EU should counter these fears by being more open and inviting to the public.

Blame partial political apathy. It's just the rule of the (political) game that the outcries following an election usually outweigh the enthusiasm from before. Loads of food for constant bickering and seemingly endless lament.

I suppose it's tougher to learn your lesson and implement that knowledge before the shit hits the fan, but alas...

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MC Prussian said:

There are a handful, and the list keeps growing.

Poland.

Sweden.

The Netherlands.

France sees the Rassemblement National under Marine Le Pen rising.

Italy under Salvini (Lega Nord), with support by the Cinque Stelle still.

EU would be best advised to take care of secessionist tendencies by finally coughing up sensible and truly democratic solutions to their political and economic processes.

Not going to happen, they are run by Zealots. They will use any crisis to attempt to centralise more power to achieve their utopia. Might be painful in the short term but we made the right decision to leave.