Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DerbyshireFox

Tielemans

11 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

And to think the Foxestalk moguls had him written off after the first 5 games of the season

Drama queen!  lol

Literally no one did that.  A few posters (not me) expressed a little disappointment that he hadn't hit the heights of the previous season in the early games, that's all.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, murphy said:

Drama queen!  lol

Literally no one did that.  A few posters (not me) expressed a little disappointment that he hadn't hit the heights of the previous season in the early games, that's all.

Nope not true. I saw people saying we'd been sold a dud and this is why Monaco wanted rid 

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Nope not true. I saw people saying we'd been sold a dud and this is why Monaco wanted rid 

I don't remember that and it would seem a bit weird after having seen what he could do for us, but OK, if you say so.  I must have missed it.

35 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Still don't think he's reached last seasons efforts, which is frightening considering how good he still is this season now he's come through an average start. 

Just shows the ceiling to his ability is extraordinary, Chris Davies interview last night about his training and preparation is testament to the man. I still cannot get my head around how we managed to sign him. Champions League qualification for a year or two and I don't see that 4 year deal being a problem, he'll happily stay.

18 minutes ago, Lesterlad said:

What are the words to the song 

There's a starman,

He plays in blue and white,

His name is Youri Tielemans and he's fücking dynamite

To the tune of Bowie's Starman. Was quite loud yesterday so seems to have caught on well. 

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Just shows the ceiling to his ability is extraordinary, Chris Davies interview last night about his training and preparation is testament to the man. I still cannot get my head around how we managed to sign him. Champions League qualification for a year or two and I don't see that 4 year deal being a problem, he'll happily stay.

I don't know, I think the 4 year deal paints the picture of his departure in the summer of 2021, as we wait longer he'll only have a year on his contract and we'll not get his worth. And he probably won't re-sign either. 

59 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Maybe we are underestimating the draw of playing for City. A young side, players get opportunities - even if they are young - good management, a well driven club, financially stable basically ensured playing time and with much less pressure than with the former "big" clubs. And they are not necessarily paid peanuts to play here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Koke said:

Tielemans is 22 and has 2 children already? Didn't have my first child til I turned 30.

That's probably why you never got in the team....I must say that Tilelmans is quite good isn't he :)

Edited by norwichfox

Guest Markyblue
1 minute ago, TheStig said:

Maybe we are underestimating the draw of playing for City. A young side, players get opportunities - even if they are young - good management, a well driven club, financially stable basically ensured playing time and with much less pressure than with the former "big" clubs. And they are not necessarily paid peanuts to play here.

The ground expansion, redevelopment is going to define how we are perceived in the media and incoming and present players minds, build it and they will come/stay top.

16 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I don't know, I think the 4 year deal paints the picture of his departure in the summer of 2021, as we wait longer he'll only have a year on his contract and we'll not get his worth. And he probably won't re-sign either. 

I agree. Unless we are doing amazingly well and qualifying for Champions League every year  for the next 3 years I cant see him signing a new deal. Considering of course his upward trajectory continues and big clubs are after him.

11 minutes ago, Koke said:

Tielemans is 22 and has 2 children already? Didn't have my first child til I turned 30.

You probably weren't on 50k a week at the age of 20!

I think managers at clubs approve of players having children at an early age. Training only lasts till 2PM usually so having a child means a player has responsibilities to attend to that are rewarding and keep them in check, instead of swanning off to get into trouble. 

If I was a footballer I'd probably do the same. Great enjoyment playing football and you have plenty of time to spend with your family which you can enjoy without having to worry about finances. Pretty decent life!

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Maybe you're right but this lad seems to have his head screwed on and if we are continuing to progress as a club and he's performing as he is then I could easily see him sign a new deal on £150k a week, all depends on us breaking the top 6 and staying there. He's had a decent move before and it went badly, he's got time on his side too. Even if he stayed here 4-5 years he'll arrive at his peak aged 26/27 after winning a few trophies with us :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

I think managers at clubs approve of players having children at an early age. Training only lasts till 2PM usually so having a child means a player has responsibilities to attend to that are rewarding and keep them in check, instead of swanning off to get into trouble. 

If I was a footballer I'd probably do the same. Great enjoyment playing football and you have plenty of time to spend with your family which you can enjoy without having to worry about finances. Pretty decent life!

Yeah a lot of sports players who get an income way in excess of the average person and whom often have to act much mature than the average person does of their age means they have children much younger. My mate who plays for Tigers has 3 kids and he's only 29, I couldn't think of anything worse when I was that age. I had my first at 32 and that was a shock hahahaaa

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Heh, if I was a footballer, I would certainly not be getting married at age 20 I can tell you that... lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

He didn't turn them down, come on and the shorter than normal contract (it'd normally be 5 years for that outlay). Says to me he knows it's a stepping stone. 

Reading between the lines he was adamant he wasn't signing a five year deal, i think it was a deal breaker if we insisted on it. A four year deal means we have to start listening to offers in the summer of 2021. After our tough stance on Drinkwater, Mahrez and Maguire he didn't want to be trapped here in his mid 20's.

On other issues though our MF three of Ndidi, Tielemans and Maddison is with little doubt the second best midfield three in the country. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Heh, if I was a footballer, I would certainly not be getting married at age 20 I can tell you that... lol

You are the next Adriano confirmed! Had the talent to be a Balon D'Or winner, but too busy partying hard with beautiful ladies lol

Being a professional football does involve a lot of sacrifices. It's hard to go out and booze / party with your mates. Of course the glory and financial rewards more than make up for it, but you are no longer living a normal life. Tielemans has gone on record as saying he's quite boring (!) as a person and genuinely enjoys the family life. This is why IMO he is such a likeable character and such a good player. He's got tons of natural talent, but has been raised well so he is more than happy to get on with it. It makes it even more bizarre that the Monaco fans disliked him so much! One of the reasons I think he will go onto be a world beater is because his humble and down to earth attitude means he will take on board his coaching advice and won't let the ego get to him. Neymar does not have a Balon D'or yet and it will be interesting to see if he ever gets one as his move to Paris has not worked out and if anything has made his reputation worse, hence him wanting to rejoin Barcelona.

• Like 3