Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DerbyshireFox

Tielemans

He's played a hell of a lot of football for a 22 year old, nearly 100 more than Rashford for example.....And likely to be 50+ ahead of Mbappe when he turns 22 also, also more than Messi by the age of 22 if my calculations are correct.

He does look tired, but I think people also kind of 'Overrate' him.

We were so poor for so much of last year, that he looked way ahead of the rest of our players. I think it's more of a case as we are now playing at his level, rather than his own level being dropped.....After all we are second.

In fact it's probably important to remember we are second.....And I can still recall multiple performances by Chilwell/Maddison/Tielemans/Barnes/Perez where they have been pretty poor.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Season off 👍

Even with a "season off" he's still ahead of other central midfielders in terms of picking out that key pass. Our first chance today came from his quick ball.

The lad is 22, playing consistently in the best league in the world. First time in his career he’s playing consistently at this intensity. Probably is feeling the effects. We know what he’s capable of. He’s still developing just like the majority of the squad. I’m sure he’ll come through his dip in form. The run we were on before the international break, he was excellent, he’ll find that form again. Anyone would be knackered being worked over by De Bruyne and co in form. Their midfield today was experienced at the highest level, and it showed

Edited by DerbyshireFox
  • Like 2

I dont necessarily buy the narrative he is exhausted, its a convenient excuse.

Rather, i think he is lacking in confidence at the moment. Where previously he had great game awareness and would move the ball quickly to initiate something dangerous, at the moment when he receives the ball he's taking an age to decide what to do, by which time he has either been dispossessed or played a safe pass not effecting the game at all. 

Unfortunately he is a dead weight out of possession, so when he is struggling on the ball like he us right now he looks totally ineffective, almost as if he is being carried. 

Absolute quality player when he's on top form, but time for him to sit on the bench for a bit for Praet. 

Edited by martyn
  • Like 2

He's a good player, blows a bit hot and cold.  He just needs to lift his overall effort and end product consistently.  If he can get up to about 10 goals this season (he has 5 currently) and 7 or 8 assists, he'll have had a good season.

I have seen a lot this season, where he has dips, that people come on and say he looks tired.  He's 22 not 32.

But maybe he needs a kick up the backside and Praet starting, in the limited time he has played Praet's overall consistency seems to be better.

But then back in the side a game or two later.  Down to Brendan to get him to lift it regularly if he can't drive himself enough.