Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DerbyshireFox

Tielemans

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Just shows the ceiling to his ability is extraordinary, Chris Davies interview last night about his training and preparation is testament to the man. I still cannot get my head around how we managed to sign him. Champions League qualification for a year or two and I don't see that 4 year deal being a problem, he'll happily stay.

The whole team will happily stay..........................................................................until they get a better offer.

It's the way of the world though and an occupational hazard for all but a couple of clubs in world football. The important thing is that we stay ahead of the curve and are aware of future transfers happening and have already earmarked replacements. There are barely a few hundred players in the world who wouldn't join us currently so I don't mind if our business model is to buy the best young players in the world and give them an opportunity here and when we sell our best players then have the buying clubs eyes out. We're getting a reputation as a club that won't be rolled over to have it's tummy tickled when the big clubs come knocking. 

• Like 1

Maddison can play his game so well because he’s got a real orchestrator (Youri) and one of the best at breaking up play (N’Didi) alongside him. It also means Tielemans can do his job without having to be the sole provider (he does that as well). 

Just because Tielemans doesn’t spray 40 yard passes and bang then in from long range, something which somebody like Neves does (every now and again). He plays football that suits our style. I bet if you swapped them, Neves wouldn’t be half as effective for us, but Cundy would be one of those who would rave about him. I used Neves as he had praise heaped on him last season and is about the same age. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

He is alright, I enjoy working with him.

But he's wrong that YT has been overhyped.

If anything he's flown under the radar with the national media.

EDIT - Jason also said Rodgers would snub Arsenal to stay at Leicester.

I think Rodgers, understandably, would go where is best for his career at the time. At this particular moment in time, both Arsenal and Spurs, though seemingly 'bigger' clubs than us as they may be, appear a little bit risky. Arsenal still haven't got a defence and are basically a team with a very good attacking forward line. It's going to take plenty of funds to put them right and I don't see them stumping up the money should history tell us anything and one wonders what say the manager would have in such matters.

Spurs have an incredible new ground but a team in it of which a number of can't wait to get away, particularly the ageing defence coupled with soon to be out of contract players. There are also allegedly the domestic issues within the team that also lead Ericsson to not wanting to be there any longer and what were the off field issues that led Trippier to leave? Not a happy camp is it. It will certainly test Kane's resolve sooner or later if he has any ambition to actually win something. 

Compare this to Leicester, a very happy and stable camp with a brilliant chairman to work for and a soon to be opened incredible new training facility. Talented young players a aplenty with more coming through, a blank and enthusiastic canvas for Rodgers to air his theories and methods. What's not to like in comparison to the last two sombre propositions? I feel that he's really bought into the project and the way it's going, the sort of clubs coming in for him will be a lot better than the likes of Arsenal and Spurs!

The fact that they and Man Utd overlooked a player like Tielemans says a lot about their scouting set up.  50m for Fred or 50m for the latter, no brainer. 

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 2

They play similar positions in our best system as dual number 8's but by trade they might be slightly different midfielders. Both are hugely gifted though and its clear creating and finishing comes naturally to Youri. Both have 5 goals this season and Youri shades the assists due to more cup appearances. Cundy can and swivel.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Babylon said:

He didn't turn them down, come on and the shorter than normal contract (it'd normally be 5 years for that outlay). Says to me he knows it's a stepping stone. 

Ok I take your point about contract length but last season could have been enough of a stepping stone for him. Long term doesn’t have to be the rest of his career but imo we can get 3/4 years out of him 

Guest Eamonn
8 hours ago, Koke said:

I agree. Unless we are doing amazingly well and qualifying for Champions League every year  for the next 3 years I cant see him signing a new deal. Considering of course his upward trajectory continues and big clubs are after him.

It's all part of the long term plan, i reckon. Man City's signing of Tevez was seen as a coup at the time. It helped them develop their status. They wouldnt sign a Man U cast-off now as they have moved onwards and upwards.

I don't expect to emulate Man City buti reckon that's the model we're following.

3 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

He is alright, I enjoy working with him.

But he's wrong that YT has been overhyped.

If anything he's flown under the radar with the national media.

EDIT - Jason also said Rodgers would snub Arsenal to stay at Leicester.

Comes across as a complete idiot I'm afraid.

Surprised a so-called major broadcaster can't find a better quality presenter than him. One of the worst I've ever heard.

48 minutes ago, reynard said:

Comes across as a complete idiot I'm afraid.

Surprised a so-called major broadcaster can't find a better quality presenter than him. One of the worst I've ever heard.

He’s got you talking about him though and 
unfortunately that’s all these stations are bothered about. It’s why idiots like Durham, Sutton, Danny Mills etc have a lot of air time.

• Like 1