Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DerbyshireFox

Tielemans

On his way to the very top! We are now getting to the stage where he’s contributing a goal or assist every game and capable of controlling the midfield area alongside Maddison.

His real tests will be against the Champions League / big teams. He bossed Arsenal at home last season but can he dominate teams like that consistently? Against Man U we had the possession but he couldn’t stamp his authority on the game for long enough to force the game to be played at our tempo. 

I suspect he will get there soon enough and that’s when the megabucks offers will come in. A bit of a slow burner this season compared to how fast he settled last season but now it feels like he’s back to his best. 

Needless to say he’s a truly wonderful player. Appreciate him whilst he’s here!

12 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

On his way to the very top! We are now getting to the stage where he’s contributing a goal or assist every game and capable of controlling the midfield area alongside Maddison.

His real tests will be against the Champions League / big teams. He bossed Arsenal at home last season but can he dominate teams like that consistently? Against Man U we had the possession but he couldn’t stamp his authority on the game for long enough to force the game to be played at our tempo. 

I suspect he will get there soon enough and that’s when the megabucks offers will come in. A bit of a slow burner this season compared to how fast he settled last season but now it feels like he’s back to his best. 

Needless to say he’s a truly wonderful player. Appreciate him whilst he’s here!

The key will be in what system we deploy in the next round of tough games we face later in the season, if we go with Maddison on the wing and the lack of the dual number 8's where Tielemans revels then it could continue to be difficult for him against the very best. I thought he was one of our better players vs Liverpool though a few weeks ago.

• Like 3

Am I correct in saying he’s never played against Palace? 

I think the best thing for him was the news of his second daughter which tells he’s happy with himself off the pitch, where he’s playing and will probably stay here for a couple of season given the baby. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Am I correct in saying he’s never played against Palace? 

I think the best thing for him was the news of his second daughter which tells he’s happy with himself off the pitch, where he’s playing and will probably stay here for a couple of season given the baby. 

No, his second game for us was the 1-4 v Palace last season.

Guest Eamonn
On 22/07/2019 at 01:27, StriderHiryu said:

Sign him up! Again!

Already showing his class in preseason. Great awareness, great range of passing, plays with either foot, can shoot, decent tackler, works hard, etc. I don’t need to tell you this because you know it already.  

I’ve read plenty on other news sites and forums that “Leicester got mugged by Monaco for a player that had a decent spell under no pressure” but these people are clueless. In fact when he leaves I’m sure he’ll be lauded for being one of the best midfielders in the league. I’m not sure how we’ve ended up with him because he’s a class act that would improve everyone other than the top two. But their loss is our gain!

All about the Tielemans hype train!

They can't understand how we've signed another quality  player. So they make up stuff that fits their view of the world. It's easier to make rubbish up, than believe the truth in front of their eyes.

19 minutes ago, RutlanderFox said:

I like to think he’s committed to the club’s long term project. Hence why he turned down reported opportunities to join bigger fish in the summer to come here

He didn't turn them down, come on and the shorter than normal contract (it'd normally be 5 years for that outlay). Says to me he knows it's a stepping stone. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2