Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grebfromgrebland

Also In The News

11 minutes ago, Strokes said:

It may have been closer but I doubt they would have turned it over.

The trouble with people like Owen, is they enjoy their own opinions so much, they don’t have an ounce of respect for an alternative. When they are speaking, they can’t help but be so impressed with themselves that they don’t ever attempt to adapt to suit the audience. It’s not uniquely a problem for the left, it’s just that these people tend to be in prominent positions on the left currently. I think he does more for the Tories than he has ever and will ever achieve for Labour.

I agree with your assessment re. Mansfield (hence the :whistle: inserted in my last post). That comment was only intended to humorously undermine Matt's pro-Tory willy waggling, rendering him a little more flaccid! :D

That 2017 election is going to go down as one of the great historic anomalies - and at a massively important moment in political history, given Brexit.

Someone could write a good "sliding doors" political novel about what would have happened if the 2017 outcome had been different & Corbyn had been turfed out then....

I appreciate that Owen's bouncy partisan lefty persona can irritate people, but I don't think he's as narrow in his opinions as you imply. Indeed, I think that's how he's got himself into this mess - by thinking for himself, listening to others and correctly questioning his pro-Corbyn views in 2016-17. Unfortunately, he then wrongly decided that he'd got it wrong and has doubled down on his less nuanced left-wing rhetoric to do penance for his betrayal.....when he'd been right to turn against Corbyn. Doesn't excuse juvenile stuff like this comment on Gove having the Irving book - designed to boost his reputation among unthinking Twitterite lefties, I presume.

2 hours ago, bovril said:

I've got Clough's biography on my shelf, does that make me a..... urgh don't even go there. 

No, because you own books.

1 hour ago, Carl the Llama said:

You'd expect that from a fellow Canadian, eh!

On the real, any decent human being should act that way especially if they knew what was going on but its also career suicide and puts the smaller man at a disadvantage. I applaud him for taking a stance but more so the regular folk who dont make millions that speak up, they are they true fighters in this and i hope they keep it up. 

Sadly, Amazon will still rake in the cash.

Guest MattP
2 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

I see that Rory Stewart has withdrawn as a candidate in the London mayoral election

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/rory-stewart-quits-london-mayoral-election-campaign-a4433411.html

Londoners breathe a collective sigh of relief at the passing of Come Kip With Me

Still expect Khan to win but at least this gives Shaun Bailey a chance of making it a fight now.

On 04/05/2020 at 19:20, Strokes said:

It may have been closer but I doubt they would have turned it over.

The trouble with people like Owen, is they enjoy their own opinions so much, they don’t have an ounce of respect for an alternative. When they are speaking, they can’t help but be so impressed with themselves that they don’t ever attempt to adapt to suit the audience. It’s not uniquely a problem for the left, it’s just that these people tend to be in prominent positions on the left currently. I think he does more for the Tories than he has ever and will ever achieve for Labour.

People like Owen Jones and Ash Sarkar live in a bubble, they fail to speak to or listen to anyone who has different thoughts to them. I agree with what your saying, in my opinion they help the Tories win elections because they're so insane. It's like prior to the December election, there was a Twitter account who tweeted that they'd never met anyone who thought differently or met anyone that openly admitted they'd vote Tory, they couldn't understand how Labour could lose any election. They're so detatched from the reality of what's going on they just assume everyone else is wrong and/or thick.

Mobile operator O2 and broadband giant Virgin Media are to merge, creating one of the UK's largest entertainment and telecoms firms and a major rival to BT.

Liberty Global, which owns Virgin Media, and Spain's Telefonica, which owns O2, said they had agreed terms for joining forces.

O2 is the UK's largest phone company with about 34 million users.

Virgin has about six million broadband and cable TV customers and another three million mobile users.

As well as having its own subscribers, O2 provides the network for Tesco Mobile, Giffgaff and Sky Mobile.

The tie-up will create a major rival to BT by bringing together different platforms.

Analysts said customers were set to benefit by having access to more services, although it is unclear whether cost savings from the tie-up will be passed on to consumers.

13 hours ago, The Syrup said:

Debenhams in the Highcross to close. That's a big part of that shopping centre, although not surprising Debenhams have made that choice.with all their current problems.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52565928

Next is set to open a new beauty hall in the Debenhams store in Leicester’s Highcross shopping centre.

1 hour ago, davieG said:

Next is set to open a new beauty hall in the Debenhams store in Leicester’s Highcross shopping centre.

Cheers, Davie. I'll be straight down there to see if they need any models. :thumbup:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Alf Bentley said:

Cheers, Davie. I'll be straight down there to see if they need any models. :thumbup:

I'm already signed up - we'll show them miracles can happen they said.

• Haha 1

Heard quite a few people over the years commenting on Serena Williams appearance  ...   here she is in todays paper modelling some shoes for Stuart Weitzman  ..  

Looks pretty damn hot to me !! ...   :thumbup:

484EB977-F75D-4359-88D1-41C0350137E9.jpeg

• Like 2

21 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Well, that's pretty grim. There's self-defense, and then there's idiots thinking they are above the law.

No way did this warrant the use of firearms, unless they were being shot at first (which they weren't based on the unedited video I could find).

Although Arbury was allegedly shot at because of the struggle over the one guy's shotgun. I suppose a taser would be the more appropriate choice then?

The two dimwits up front (plus the guy who was in it, filming it all) belong to prison.

However, one has to ask oneself why this story has only made it to the front of the news now? The incident took place about two months ago.

Cui bono?

Edited by MC Prussian

8 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Heard quite a few people over the years commenting on Serena Williams appearance  ...   here she is in todays paper modelling some shoes for Stuart Weitzman  ..  

Looks pretty damn hot to me !! ...   :thumbup:

484EB977-F75D-4359-88D1-41C0350137E9.jpeg

With those upper thighs, she'd crush your skull like a watermelon. I assume you have seen the Williams twins on TV before?

The thing about pro model pics is that you can easily make people look more beautiful than they really are, thanks to make-up, perspective, pose, lighting and choice of wardrobe.

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

With those upper thighs, she'd crush your skull like a watermelon. I assume you have seen the Williams twins on TV before?

The thing about pro model pics is that you can easily make people look more beautiful than they really are, thanks to make-up, perspective, pose, lighting and choice of wardrobe.

You can say this about any girl at the club too. Shesss hottttt , then see her without makeup and think wtf?!?!

Shes super fit and yes more "thickness" then say your Victoria Beckham sack of bones (to each their own, no hate) but shes got curves and yes might crush you lol.

Edited by Jattdogg

Canadian police forcefully arrested a girl cosplaying in her job outside a restaurant on May 4th, the owner even shouts at them but they hand cuff her and give her a bloody nose.

• Sad 1