Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grebfromgrebland

Also In The News

13 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Rumours starting to circulate again that Kim Jong Un has died after they were denied the other day,

Some tea-leaf reading here by the New Statesman: https://www.newstatesman.com/world/asia/2020/04/unanswered-questions-surrounding-kim-jong-un

Nothing conclusive and they might be overthinking it, but sounds as if something odd's going on - & unusual patterns of behaviour over this in China, S. Korea & USA, not just N. Korea.

Could conceivably be some sort of internal power struggle, too. I read that Kim's sister had previously been removed from the Politburo but was recently reinstated. 

6 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

2 stabbing in Brum earlier, both videos circulating on social media, one of them is one of the worst things I've ever seen! Stay safe people.

Went to look at these because I can never control my intrigue, very grim stuff. But who the **** puts this shit on social media

43 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I say this as someone who loves sick and gory videos, it honestly felt awful seeing it, sickening.

Is it the one with the guy in white t-shirt getting stabbed? 

I'm like you in that I can handle sick and gory stuff but that was next level horrible. I didn't even go searching for it. Someone retweeted it and I have videos on autoplay so didn't even realise what it was til it was too late! 

9 hours ago, StanSP said:

Is it the one with the guy in white t-shirt getting stabbed? 

I'm like you in that I can handle sick and gory stuff but that was next level horrible. I didn't even go searching for it. Someone retweeted it and I have videos on autoplay so didn't even realise what it was til it was too late! 

Yes mate, was just so quick and boom, that's it, a life gone like that. Ridiculous, lock them up for life.

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

I feel like we need a thread just for positive or wholesome news as an antidote to all the negativity.

It would be nice, but I think (and this is in no way whatsoever derision) it would be good deeds and wholesome news at an everyday, person to person level - because right now various world governments (with a few notable exceptions like New Zealand, Korea and the like) are either mishandling all of this, using it as a realpolitik blunt instrument to be arseholes to one another, or both. Unfortunate to say, but I think it's accurate.

I feel like we need a thread just for positive or wholesome news as an antidote to all the negativity.

You mean like a vid showing Bill Gates giving Trump a wedgie? That sort of thing? :yesyes:

I'm sure I created one a while back but can't find it.

2 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

1 hour ago, davieG said:

I'm sure I created one a while back but can't find it.

This one?

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

This one?

Thanks but I'm sure I did one for general news because someone moaned that I was only posting bad news which wasn't actually true but......

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8268551/Boris-Johnson-Carrie-Symonds-annouonce-birth-baby.html

Carrie Symonds gives birth to a 'healthy baby boy': Boris Johnson and fiancée announce arrival of PM's newborn son and thank 'fantastic NHS maternity team' at London hospital

Prime Minister Boris Johnson's fiancée Carrie Symonds gave birth to a 'healthy' baby boy at a hospital in London today.

The couple's spokesman said they were 'thrilled' to announce the birth which took place early this morning, adding: 'Both mother and baby are doing very well.'

The spokesman said: 'The Prime Minister and Ms Symonds are thrilled to announce the birth of a healthy baby boy at a London hospital earlier this morning.

Miss Symonds has been back living with Mr Johnson at Number 11 Downing Street as the Prime Minister leads the Government's response to the coronavirus pandemic.

She had been self-isolating in Camberwell, South London, with the couple's dog Dilyn, after suffering from symptoms of coronavirus.

The 32-year-old former government adviser then joined Mr Johnson at the PM's country home of Chequers while he recovered from coronavirus.

After Mr Johnson was discharged from St Thomas' Hospital in London following a period in intensive care, they both thanked NHS staff for their 'magnificent' work.

The couple announced in February they were engaged to be married and were expecting a baby.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Fair enough if it doesn’t include the job retention scheme but employees shouldn’t be punished.

Oh yeah, I'm by no means suggesting we let the workers go bust.  This whole scenario has underlined the need for a UBI.  It's an uncomfortable conversation that most governments have so far avoided but a lot of jobs have already become untenable and a lot more will follow when we slowly reopen and most high street businesses are operating at a reduced capacity because of social distancing. Obviously some companies like Amazon, couriers, and the supermarkets will continue to increase their workload and generate more jobs but I'm sceptical it can possibly offset the losses.  We're going to need to address this sooner rather than later.