Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moseeds

Is Ricardo Pereira now a £100 million player?

2 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

i’m just glad we’ve got him for now. ever since we’ve been promoted we’ve had players who you just can’t wait to get the ball. from just knowing cambiasso was going to do something good to just knowing vardy was already running in behind, or already expecting to see mahrez trap the ball and cut inside with a dummy. 

i now get the same excitement when ricardo looks down the line, realises the pass isn’t on so just shifts the ball inside and fu cking sprints towards the goal with no real aim in his mind other than to run. gorgeous to watch. 

It’s weird cos it doesn’t feel like he dribbles that well and then you blink and he’s gone past two players and then found a dangerous pass

• Like 1

Its now setting a depression trend where anyone decent we get will be off in two seasons, Maddison last season with us enjoy while it lasts the big club must love us we cause become a kindergarten for talented players potty training them in the premier before they go out into the big brave world, we'd be better having a squad of Greys or Albrightons that no one decent will ever be interested in

Edited by southfox66

100 million I doubt.

But has he got what it takes to push on and be considered alongside the likes of Roberto Carlos, Cafu & Daniel Alves as being amoungst the best in that position. Yup. The potential is there - without a doubt.

Unfortunately to achieve that potential it'll mean he'll have to leave us at some point in the future.

Edited by swanlee

Benjamin Mendy’s £52m transfer was the most expensive fullback signing. Not as if Monaco needed the money after 17/18 either.

He’s absolutely brilliant but he’s best player we can definitely keep hold on my opinion. He’s not going to agitate for a move and basically all the clubs that can afford him are set at RB anyway.

As much as I like and rate him he'd have to improve the defensive side of his game including positioning before the likes of Barcelona or Real Madrid had him as their first choice. He's young, adapted and improved very quickly since he arrived and has clearly worked hard to do that. He will improve again this season particularly under Brendan I think.

He's nowhere near a Cafu yet, having seen him play live, but who's to say he can't reach those heady heights. Without looking at it with blue tinted spec's on I'd currently rate him at 60m.

On 03/08/2019 at 09:46, 80's fox said:

I'd say no and that no full back is worth £100m, but then remember that Kyle Walker went for £50m. 

He's not great defensively, can't cross. He's just an athlete that's okay with a football. 

Since then the transfer market has inflated again so f**k it here's there or there about's 

image.png.cf11856ccab411bb0b8adaa4565e7913.png

On 05/08/2019 at 09:50, volpeazzurro said:

As much as I like and rate him he'd have to improve the defensive side of his game including positioning before the likes of Barcelona or Real Madrid had him as their first choice. He's young, adapted and improved very quickly since he arrived and has clearly worked hard to do that. He will improve again this season particularly under Brendan I think.

He's nowhere near a Cafu yet, having seen him play live, but who's to say he can't reach those heady heights. Without looking at it with blue tinted spec's on I'd currently rate him at 60m.

Cafu was something else but we still would never sell Ricardo for that price. He's absolutely invaluable for us.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

Cafu was something else but we still would never sell Ricardo for that price. He's absolutely invaluable for us.

Absolutely agree!  To us he's our Cafu at any rate and I think he'll only improve. If we don't sign a winger I see Albrighton as the perfect starting foil for him.

People moan about the latter's lack of goals and assists but football for me is about more than just that. Albrighton is prepared to track back, do some dirty work and make so many runs off the ball to make space for others. Barnes can come on later and exploit tired legs. Any new winger needs to be prepared to graft also or we won't see the best from Ricardo as he'll be too busy defending.

• Like 1

I've revised my opinion. Kyle Walker (Man City) is an absolutely beast and would likely cost £100 million to prise away from Man City (e.g. a bid from Real Madrid or Barcelona). Ricardo is up there with João Cancelo who cost Man City circa £27 million + Danilo (worth around £30 million?). Whether Ricardo hits £100 million is debatable but the current market suggests his value to be circa £60-70 million. A decent season again and a place in the Euro 2020 squad with Portugal and he'll be worth £80m next summer.

Caught this bit of speculation linking Ricardo with Juventus:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9386012/juventus-leicester-pereira-transfer-news/

On 02/08/2019 at 23:27, baldeagle said:

No not at all and I’ll give you the stone cold hard facts .

1. He’s not for sale 

2. He’s absolutely terrible did you not see the awful challenge to give away the penalty . Worst signing ever ??

All of our players are for sale as proven by our recent activities.

I would say his current value is probably around 60-80m.

Nah - he's crap, always running around like a headless chicken, cwap at getting back and tackling, awful at crossing, and don't ask him to shoot!  They'd be better off leaving him here at little old Leicester to make us easier to beat :ph34r:

Oh wait, no, that was Schlupp...

Let's be honest, if someone were prepared to pay well over the odds for him, then we'd probably take the money, (as with Maguire), given Justin and Amartey in reserve, but let's hope they don't - atm he's pretty much our most consistent player, and now we just need the rest of the team to catch up with him! :fc: