Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moseeds

Is Ricardo Pereira now a £100 million player?

Ricardo Pereira is widely acknowledged as one of the best full-backs in the Premier League, if not THE best.

Based on Harry Maguires £80m valuation, and the way modern attacking full-backs are a rare but sought after commodity, would it be fair to assume Ricardo Pereira, if approached by another club, would leave at or close to £100 million? I'm going by Wan-Bissaka (1 season pro experience) already costing Man Utd £50 million.

How much a player is worth depends on who’s buying. Realistically nobody is going to pay £70m+ for him aside from perhaps Barca or Man City. The only £100m plus fees have been for Coutinho, Neymar, Mbappe, Griezmann and a possibly a generational talent in Joao Felix. 

United have paid that much for Maguire because of the remnant World Cup hype and increased profile, he’s English, Woodward & their board are incompetent and our financial position means we didn’t need to sell. They didn’t want to lose face either which is daft but how they operate.

That isn’t a regular fee.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, moseeds said:

Ricardo Pereira is widely acknowledged as one of the best full-backs in the Premier League, if not THE best.

Based on Harry Maguires £80m valuation, and the way modern attacking full-backs are a rare but sought after commodity, would it be fair to assume Ricardo Pereira, if approached by another club, would leave at or close to £100 million? I'm going by Wan-Bissaka (1 season pro experience) already costing Man Utd £50 million.

Robertson has that in the bag tbh..

Nah, he clattered into that Atalanta player like an amateur. Total liability, we will just need to hope he develops.

:ph34r: (Shhh - other fans are looking)

Seriously - I totally love this guy. A heady mix of speed, dribbling, bursting into space, great defending, and just an all round top top player. Not 100m tho.

i’m just glad we’ve got him for now. ever since we’ve been promoted we’ve had players who you just can’t wait to get the ball. from just knowing cambiasso was going to do something good to just knowing vardy was already running in behind, or already expecting to see mahrez trap the ball and cut inside with a dummy. 

i now get the same excitement when ricardo looks down the line, realises the pass isn’t on so just shifts the ball inside and fu cking sprints towards the goal with no real aim in his mind other than to run. gorgeous to watch. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Not yet. But he will be IMO.

We've done some ****ing stunning business since Chelsea managed to steal Kante left us.

£37m for Drinkwater, who's now retired. £36m profit on a player who didn't play for a full year.

Demanding £90m for Mahrez in the last 2 days of a January window, refusing to budge even though it disrupted the player.

Making Manchester ****ing United pay a world record fee for Maguire.

Ricardo, Chilwell, Maddison, Ndidi and Tielemans will be the next players they come after, and like Maguire, they'll all have absurdly high valuations to put clubs off. 

We're flexing our muscles and being aggressive as **** in our negotiations, and it's paying off.

Except it won't. All will be sold in the next 18 months to 2 years.

I'd say no and that no full back is worth £100m, but then remember that Kyle Walker went for £50m. 

He's not great defensively, can't cross. He's just an athlete that's okay with a football. 

Since then the transfer market has inflated again so f**k it here's there or there about's 

• Haha 1