Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Stadium Expansion...?

It’s better than nothing obviously but would’ve been nice to have made it the biggest in the Midlands and bigger than the likes of Stamford Bridge, would’ve felt that bit more significant.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, UHDrive said:

Not sure what that even is...

That's an exert from the letter sent by the club to members of the FCC today. Confirm 8k on east stand to take total to 40k. Sure someone who has a copy and more skills than me can remove there names and email and post the whole thing.

14 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

There's no way the club would redevelop that entire land parcel plus the stadium itself and max the capacity to 40'000 seats. 

Why not? They're redeveloping to look into building other facilities - hotels, arena, perhaps more car parking space? It's been well-known for quite a while it's not just the stadium they're expanding?

3 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Not sure what that even is...

It says the capacity will be go up to 40,000...

As fans I think we want as bigger stadium as we can get but realistically 40k is probably the sensible and right choice. 

Yes, there's the odd game like the Everton or Athletico Madrid game where demand is going to go through the roof but I'd imagine a mediocre Premier League game is not going to get anywhere near full capacity. 

We're never going to attract tourists like some other clubs (which is probably a good thing) and although we are ran brilliantly, we're only one average season away from the average attendance dropping by 5k I'd imagine. 

We can always expand again if needed so it's not like it's locked in for good either. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Why not? They're redeveloping to look into building other facilities - hotels, arena, perhaps more car parking space? It's been well-known for quite a while it's not just the stadium they're expanding?

It says the capacity will be go up to 40,000...

I'll believe it when I see it. Private and Confidential figures of significant importance such as that rarely ever gets put in communication and spread out electronically via email in that domain.

The development itself is extremely expensive. It hasn't been done by outline or reserved matters consent so that leaves a full application only. That makes sense because all of the details drawing wise and technical specifications have been thrashed out with the LA. Companies like King Power dont invest £2-250million on a site so large and requiring so much construction work, so that the capacity of the ground itself is increased by 8000 seats. The aesthetic attention to detail they've gone into what with spending +£3million already on architects and engineers details would be proportionally be cost ineffective in terms of future revenue. 

As I've said, I'll believe it when I see it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spiritwalker said:

I’m more concerned with how it will look. Hopefully pleasing on the eye and not too lopsided.

I'm hoping for some grand design that looks incredible on arrival from Aylestone Road. First impressions and all that and distinctive so there's no doubt who's stadium it is without seeing a badge. 

41 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

There's no way the club would redevelop that entire land parcel plus the stadium itself and max the capacity to 40'000 seats. 

Tbh I'm not sure you can expand the East Stand much more than that. As another has commented, it's always possible to further expand if necessary. 

I understand the frustration, but let's get this expansion done asap (so I can get a season ticket).

3 minutes ago, Plastik Man said:

Tbh I'm not sure you can expand the East Stand much more than that. As another has commented, it's always possible to further expand if necessary. 

I understand the frustration, but let's get this expansion done asap (so I can get a season ticket).

This will almost double the seating capacity of the East Stand (currently 9,000) and structurally make it huge with the addition of executive boxes. 

1 minute ago, Spudulike said:

This will almost double the seating capacity of the East Stand (currently 9,000) and structurally make it huge with the addition of executive boxes. 

Yep. What I meant was if there was further expansion in the future, it'd be on the other stands. Any more than 8000 or so on the East Stand is going to look very odd!

43 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

That's an exert from the letter sent by the club to members of the FCC today. Confirm 8k on east stand to take total to 40k. Sure someone who has a copy and more skills than me can remove there names and email and post the whole thing.

Found on taklingballs:

12139-812330522adb6b0520b95590e02343aa.j

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Can you define what next month means? Just to make sure people don't get confused...

Well the email did say August. So I'd pencil in October juat before they announce the tickets for the community shield lol