Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Stadium Expansion...?

1 hour ago, davieG said:

The last Planning App is for the statue in June 2020 so Probably not.

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Wasn't that from the complete redoing of the pitch?

Well that's much more plausible. Apologies for my brain fart this morning lol 

7 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Expansion of the Memorial Garden on the left side, perhaps?

No it's the stuff dug up from the pitch. I was there earlier this month and we could see some tractors taking turf out and creating those mounds of dirt.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Chicago Foxile said:

I live in hope that this thread will go hot and I’ll find stadium development plans from the club!

A thread on FoxesTalk going hot and it being because of something related to the actual thread are two very different things. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

A thread on FoxesTalk going hot and it being because of something related to the actual thread are two very different things. 

Wishful thinking and we don’t need more of it tbh lol 

1 hour ago, Chicago Foxile said:

I live in hope that this thread will go hot and I’ll find stadium development plans from the club!

I would hope that if there's an official announcement whoever posts it starts a new topic.

8 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

It's where they buried this thread.

😂😂 but it amazes me how people think a pile of earth means we have started it.

Do they think you can dot this without planning permission. Then once submitted it could take 2yrs to pass and probably another year before work starts.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, sylofox said:

😂😂 but it amazes me how people think a pile of earth means we have started it.

Do they think you can dot this without planning permission. Then once submitted it could take 2yrs to pass and probably another year before work starts.

You would hope the architects have been working very closely with the council planners so that most (if not all) issues have been ironed out by the time an application is made. The delays will be determined by the amount of public opposition it provokes. 

31 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

You would hope the architects have been working very closely with the council planners so that most (if not all) issues have been ironed out by the time an application is made. The delays will be determined by the amount of public opposition it provokes. 

Public opposition and transport will be the key issues.

They didn't fulfil their transport conditions last time when they where required to set up a Park & Ride although they did try to get Leicestershire CC to let them use their spaces at County Hall. 

Maybe a contribution to the existing P&Rs with a few diversions in although the big problem with any transport solution is moving 40,000 people all at once after the match is finished even P&R would solve that.

Maybe the Concourses and new facilities serving food and drink and entertainment, videos  etc after the game would help slow down the dispersal rate.

19 minutes ago, davieG said:

Public opposition and transport will be the key issues.

They didn't fulfil their transport conditions last time when they where required to set up a Park & Ride although they did try to get Leicestershire CC to let them use their spaces at County Hall. 

Maybe a contribution to the existing P&Rs with a few diversions in although the big problem with any transport solution is moving 40,000 people all at once after the match is finished even P&R would solve that.

Maybe the Concourses and new facilities serving food and drink and entertainment, videos  etc after the game would help slow down the dispersal rate.

maybe a contribution towards the re-opening of the Ivanhoe line or something?  If they had a station at the KP, that would help with dispersal i'm sure.  I realise that's potentially a bit of a pipe dream, but that line could help to take fans right back across the county, which is a solution we are sorely lacking a the minute. (as a region, not necessarily as a club!)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Greg2607 said:

maybe a contribution towards the re-opening of the Ivanhoe line or something?  If they had a station at the KP, that would help with dispersal i'm sure.  I realise that's potentially a bit of a pipe dream, but that line could help to take fans right back across the county, which is a solution we are sorely lacking a the minute. (as a region, not necessarily as a club!)

Sure but that's a longway off, I think you'd need to be thinking at least 10 years.

6 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Somethings going on!

370797JPG.jpg.aadd6fa0e9ac3b7571ad31ffc8797a55.jpg

Not sure whether you're joking, trolling really badly or just passing on someone else's handywork and haven't noticed how daft it is.

18 minutes ago, Babylon said:

The same Birse who went bust when we didn’t pay them. Can’t see them doing the stadium lol

Nice photoshop on the date.

Did they go bust or just decide that building stadiums was too much trouble? They would've been paid if it wasn't for a disgraced and sacked ex-employee and his Monster agent. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Did they go bust or just decide that building stadiums was too much trouble? They would've been paid if it wasn't for a disgraced and sacked ex-employee and his Monster agent. 

Wikipedia says they were acquired by Balfour Beatty for £32m in 2006. I think we only owed them £5m or something like that.