Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Stadium Expansion...?

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

I hate NIMBYS so much

A number of years ago I was living in a Leicestershire village and there were plans submitted to build house at the back of some recently built houses, the people in them started a petition to stop these new builds as it was spoiling their outlook and asked me to sign. They got extremely angry and abusive when I refused saying that the houses they were living in were just a year or two ago the subject of a petition to stop them being built. 

i'm afraid I never really got them to understand my viewpoint and they ignored me from then on. The houses along with others were eventually built and I moved.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, davieG said:

A number of years ago I was living in a Leicestershire village and there were plans submitted to build house at the back of some recently built houses, the people in them started a petition to stop these new builds as it was spoiling their outlook and asked me to sign. They got extremely angry and abusive when I refused saying that the houses they were living in were just a year or two ago the subject of a petition to stop them being built. 

i'm afraid I never really got them to understand my viewpoint and they ignored me from then on. The houses along with others were eventually built and I moved.

That happened very recently in my village too!  The residents of a new build estate complaining that another new build estate was being built right next to theirs!  Some people are just plain stupid.

Does someone know when the agreemement with the current food vendors runs out at the stadium?  I seem to remember it was soon.  I'd be delighted to see new people running these when we eventually head back there!

Might actually be able to buy things at half time without missing the match either side!

31 minutes ago, Guppy Assist said:

Does someone know when the agreemement with the current food vendors runs out at the stadium?  I seem to remember it was soon.  I'd be delighted to see new people running these when we eventually head back there!

Might actually be able to buy things at half time without missing the match either side!

I doubt it......unless they employ new staff and management. Not to be rude about them but widely they don't seem to be the quickest movers! In fairness the management of the staff seems none existent. 

1 hour ago, Guppy Assist said:

That deal with compass seams to have been going on for all time.

2 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

That deal with compass seams to have been going on for all time.

Just now, stripeyfox said:

I think Manadric signed us up with them until about 2085

It was renewed/extended part way though that's why it's gone on so long.

23 hours ago, goody2028 said:

Personally would rather see the kop stay the same size and have safe standing across the whole of the stand. Would make for a better atmosphere which I’m sure we can all agree we need. And maybe swap ends so it replaces the family stand. 

Swapping the kop with the family stand would make for a cracking atmosphere.

But not sure if the club would go down that road with the risk of crowd trouble.

Away fans getting a bit of stick from each side would be great though imo.

18 minutes ago, Speedwell 🦊 said:

Swapping the kop with the family stand would make for a cracking atmosphere.

But not sure if the club would go down that road with the risk of crowd trouble.

Away fans getting a bit of stick from each side would be great though imo.

The very Godwins law of FT

• Haha 1

With the training ground supposedly finished and out the way by July and the national grid building rumoured to be available to buy in December, do we think that the likely scenario is that we will have an announcement this summer, a planning application during next season (whenever that starts) and building work starting at the of next season (whenever that ends)? Ready for the start of the 2022/23 season?

9 hours ago, Fox in the North said:

There’s a big white unidentifiable rectangle in the newer plans that overlooks the new memorial garden. Given how prominent that space is, I’d be very surprised if that wasn't a museum/arena.

I heard from a good source after villa at home that the new expansion will incorporate new dressing rooms And that the old dressing rooms are to be made into a museum.

also this expansion is only the start of many things that are planned.

i was told exciting times ahead.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Bristol fox .... said:

I heard from a good source after villa at home that the new expansion will incorporate new dressing rooms And that the old dressing rooms are to be made into a museum.

also this expansion is only the start of many things that are planned.

i was told exciting times ahead.

Would make sense with the rumours of the tunnel being switched to the East Stand side as well.

As the east stand would become much larger than the west stand it would make sense to switch a lot of the facilities to the east stand. This is why a new tv gantry was installed on the west stand roof at the beginning of 2020 if anyone saw it so the cameras will be facing the other way

Heres Le Harve Stadium in France (some may recognise their name from a player we purchased from them few years back) which was built by KSS too which shows some similarities in the design. I remember the focus group a couple years back someone mentioned the lattice roof resembled the King Power buildings in Thailand too to fit with the brand identity 

xw6byposct2bxclpbc7w.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Would make sense with the rumours of the tunnel being switched to the East Stand side as well.

Fake news. The dressing rooms are moving but the tunnel isn't. Both sets of players will have to walk around the concourse to the other side.

Good way to intimidate the away side.

tenor.gif

Edited by urban.spaceman
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, urban.spaceman said:

Fake news. The dressing rooms are moving but the tunnel isn't. Both sets of players will have to walk around the concourse to the other side.

Good way to intimidate the away side.

tenor.gif

Or, move the away dressing room to the other side but keep the tunnel in the West Stand. Means they get less time at HT etc and make it a really, really, dark and cramped tunnel :D 

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Or, move the away dressing room to the other side but keep the tunnel in the West Stand. Means they get less time at HT etc and make it a really, really, dark and cramped tunnel :D 

With lots of twists and turns, like in Spinal Tap.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jace said:

Heres Le Harve Stadium in France (some may recognise their name from a player we purchased from them few years back) which was built by KSS too which shows some similarities in the design. I remember the focus group a couple years back someone mentioned the lattice roof resembled the King Power buildings in Thailand too to fit with the brand identity 

xw6byposct2bxclpbc7w.jpg

little video showing La Harves stadium. Amazing to think it only holds 25,000. 
i think ours might be similar only with the east stand bigger than theirs 

Edited by Mullet1

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

And an assault course to the tunnel that they have to jump over crocodiles, etc. 

• Haha 1