Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Stadium Expansion...?

5 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

although I can't make out all of the text, it looks like all off the text in yellow boxes refers to the gas supply, gas meters, PE pipe etc.

Its a high level utilities drawing probably produced as part of the national grid land deal.

To the right of the drawing is labelled as the Energy Centre, so it looks like the club is re-locating that office as part of the deal.

• Like 1

Just now, kenny said:

Its a high level utilities drawing probably produced as part of the national grid land deal.

To the right of the drawing is labelled as the Energy Centre, so it looks like the club is re-locating that office as part of the deal.

Most interesting is the white box immediately above the memorial garden. It is currently unlabelled so this could be the arena being mentioned.

I really can't see student accomodation being built there either!

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

Unclear what the status is of the National Grid building behind the East Stand. Last I heard there was an agreement to purchase last autumn time. Its been quiet since unless I've missed something :dunno:

Though NG sold that property to the club now?

(I forgot to click the quote button so i'll add it here "What are the two large  curved structures outside of the east stand? TV screens?")

I imagine they are security barriers used to prevent vehicles from driving across high volume areas.

No doubt they will be decorative with some sort of LCFC branding.  Arsenal have something similar outside their ground.

Heraclitus on Twitter: "The concrete ARSENAL letters outside ... 

Edited by Gold Coast Fox
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, jonthefox said:

I can see a new retail outlet on the drawing. So i wonder whats happening with the club shop?

Hopefully a free to enter museum, well somewhere anyway. Now we’ve got something substantial to put in there.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Where’d you find this Bert?!

Here’s the previous leaked design for comparison:

383B0C34-25B5-45C2-B151-E18B1A05AD53.thumb.jpeg.da9bb4f7bcb974d2d45d38425c5ead8e.jpeg

Had it sent to me mate 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, davieG said:

Hopefully a free to enter museum, well somewhere anyway. Now we’ve got something substantial to put in there.

That would be amazing! 

The new walk museum expedition was a success and something more permanent would be popular with people visiting the city/ground on non matchday's too.

Just now, Stuntman_Mike said:

That would be amazing! 

The new walk museum expedition was a success and something more permanent would be popular with people visiting the city/ground on non matchday's too.

There were plans to have one at the stadium when we moved but Admin put paid to it. They got in loads of stuff in on loan from fans but it’s all in storage I believe.

23 minutes ago, davieG said:

I know the Birch is old, but bit harsh to pop him in a glass box and have people stare at him all day lol

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I know the Birch is old, but bit harsh to pop him in a glass box and have people stare at him all day lol

he could shout incoherently into a PA system for the authentic pre match experience for museum goers!

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

View image on Twitter

saw this image on skyscrapercity - not seen it before

Looks like somebody has stuck a stand from the Amex onto the East stand

amex-stadium-cover.jpg

Edited by snoopy87
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, snoopy87 said:

Brighton will be fuming when we cart their main stand off on the back of a lorry!
:D

Edited by stripeyfox

3 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

I suspect that it’s just another “possibility” design like they did with the training ground.

The Eon building is rumoured to be up for sale in December too.

Too much detail on what Berts put on yesterday for just a possibility. All the stuff relating to mains and service runs etc will be in line with digging and piling what people mentioned occurred last summer 

16 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Too much detail on what Berts put on yesterday for just a possibility. All the stuff relating to mains and service runs etc will be in line with digging and piling what people mentioned occurred last summer 

Fair point. 

29 minutes ago, snoopy87 said:

Maybe that's the idea with the design, long term the other side could be raised as well. Does look a bit weird to have just the one side done, but if it makes for more capacity then it's surely a good thing.

The KP is a rather generic stadium and yet I've come to love it. Mainly because of the memories made there, but despite being rather basic there's IMO nothing "bad" about it, it's just not on the same level as some of the bigger and better stadiums in the country.

38 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Maybe that's the idea with the design, long term the other side could be raised as well. Does look a bit weird to have just the one side done, but if it makes for more capacity then it's surely a good thing.

The KP is a rather generic stadium and yet I've come to love it. Mainly because of the memories made there, but despite being rather basic there's IMO nothing "bad" about it, it's just not on the same level as some of the bigger and better stadiums in the country.

I think it will look good (if the design shown is accurate). At the end of the day there is nothing particularly special about the KP and you can't polish a turd, but the curved roof is much better than Cardiff's "bolted on" monstrostity.

You'd expect a significant upgrade in concorse facilities in the new stand (perhaps the "premium" seats alluded to in the questionaire last year).

If it gets us to 42,000 , that would make us the 9th largest in the PL (ahead of Chelsea) and 8th once Villa get relegated :D

• Like 1