Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Stadium Expansion...?

1 hour ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Anyone remember when forest were going to get a 50,000 seater stadium in Clifton as part of the world cup bid??? 

I bet they're semi-pleased they didn't tbh, technically the current ground isn't city centre but farming themselves all the way out to Clifton wouldn't have been of any benefit. 

3 hours ago, Gold Coast Fox said:

(I forgot to click the quote button so i'll add it here "What are the two large  curved structures outside of the east stand? TV screens?")

I imagine they are security barriers used to prevent vehicles from driving across high volume areas.

No doubt they will be decorative with some sort of LCFC branding.  Arsenal have something similar outside their ground.

Heraclitus on Twitter: "The concrete ARSENAL letters outside ... 

I think they are to close to the stadium for that. Thanks anyway :thumbup:

Forest’s expansion ‘plans’ were never more than a computer mock-up.

I doubt anyone below the PL is going to be building anything anytime soon tbh.

Even with us though, I doubt there will be much progress with the expansion given the corona crisis. 

I had expected to hear something concrete (so to speak) over the summer but doubt that will happen? 

2 hours ago, thesilverfox said:

Those curved sections in front of the East Stand could be the digital display of all of the shirts/scarves etc that were left after the crash?

Nice idea but think it would look a little out of place next to a shiny new stand.

2 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Too much detail on what Berts put on yesterday for just a possibility. All the stuff relating to mains and service runs etc will be in line with digging and piling what people mentioned occurred last summer 

I agree that it's too much for "a possibility", but anyone who suggested piling took place is misguided.

There's no way at this stage they would be doing groundworks for a stand extension before they've even submitted the planning application.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Still talk of moving the tunnel to the East Stand. 

The exterior of the new stand will be shithot.

Will they be redoing the whole stand or just building on top of it? I sit near the middle of the east stand so wonder what it would mean for my seat.

11 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Again, these 'plans' were aspirational. 

There was no funding in place. Neither the council nor Forest were stumping up for it. No 

yeah I know. actually would have been a bad move I think. The City Ground is a fine football ground, in a good location. 

Looking at the drawing there seems to be a giveaway in the roof design. It looks like they are tapering the roof from the kop/family stand to up and over the extension area. Looking at the size and numbers then there must be 2 stands to get the numbers touted.

Guest Markyblue
10 minutes ago, Ashley said:

I'll try and find out. 

They want that side to be the new face of the ground as apprently more people come from Burnmoor St, Raw Dykes Road than the other way. 

Supposedly a glass facade(right word?) And itll light up like Bayern Munchen etc 

That would be spectacular. 

23 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

I agree that it's too much for "a possibility", but anyone who suggested piling took place is misguided.

There's no way at this stage they would be doing groundworks for a stand extension before they've even submitted the planning application.

Piling probably not the best term - but they were trial digging. Probably to confirm foundations size of the existing structure and service runs from the plans/CAT scans. 

38 minutes ago, Ashley said:

I'll try and find out. 

They want that side to be the new face of the ground as apprently more people come from Burnmoor St, Raw Dykes Road than the other way. 

Supposedly a glass facade(right word?) And itll light up like Bayern Munchen etc 

I hope so, we have (the uk) the dullest looking facades for our stadiums.

2 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

Any talk of the extension involving The Kop? If so, is there an email address where I can beg/ suggest they make it two tiered? 

Or suggest the swap it with the family stand :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

Any talk of the extension involving The Kop? If so, is there an email address where I can beg/ suggest they make it two tiered? 

Personally would rather see the kop stay the same size and have safe standing across the whole of the stand. Would make for a better atmosphere which I’m sure we can all agree we need. And maybe swap ends so it replaces the family stand. 

8 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

Really can’t wait for this to be unveiled. It’s been kept under wraps for so long.

They were planning on unveiling it just before the Coronavirus started. I doubt it'll be long before they do. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

I'll try and find out. 

Surprised they're placing the Vichai Statue round the other side. 

52 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

I hope so, we have (the uk) the dullest looking facades for our stadiums.

Even the brand new stadiums have 80’s era modernist designs. The Amex gets lauded but it’s still boring and characterless. Glass and steel facades all blur into and look more like shopping centres than football grounds. Ibrox (as a ground) is infinitely more appealing than the Emirates because it looks like a football ground whereas the Emirates looks a generic modern, multi sports stadium 

• Like 1