Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Stadium Expansion...?

Just now, davieG said:

I'm not sure it will be problem as such as I'm sure from the Council's perspective it's all been pre-planned by the Planning Dept so will just need the full Council to approve it subject to any objections. They'll need to allow time for those objections, not sure what's considered 'normal' but the Council themselves often put plans out that are just rubber stamping jobs but are then put out for public consultation like St Margaret's Bus Station rebuild.

When was it painted blue, anyway?  My google-fu seems to be lacking this morning...

6 minutes ago, PhillippaT said:

When was it painted blue, anyway?  My google-fu seems to be lacking this morning...

http://www.crosbyheritage.co.uk/location/leicester/st-margarets-bus-station/

According to this 2006.

Already one of the best bus stations in the country, it has had a major programme of refurbishment and modernisation in 2006.

Although the first bit sounds a bit of a stretch!

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

That National Grid land might require investigative digs and land remediation checks. 

Which in effect could alter the design hence no planning application. Club will want to avoid the stand off like the highways problem at Seagrave. 

But Richard III has already been found?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

That National Grid land might require investigative digs and land remediation checks. 

Which in effect could alter the design hence no planning application. Club will want to avoid the stand off like the highways problem at Seagrave. 

3 hours ago, StanSP said:

But Richard III has already been found?

The Raw Dykes monument is too close for comfort. Always need to be careful excavating around the city as they found during the High Cross development and St Margaret's bus station. 

3 hours ago, davieG said:

I'm not sure it will be problem as such as I'm sure from the Council's perspective it's all been pre-planned by the Planning Dept so will just need the full Council to approve it subject to any objections. They'll need to allow time for those objections, not sure what's considered 'normal' but the Council themselves often put plans out that are just rubber stamping jobs but are then put out for public consultation like St Margaret's Bus Station rebuild.

There hasn't been a planning application yet, but I'm certain the club have met with the Council. 

1 hour ago, WarehamFox said:

St. James Park is one of the grounds I hope we don't copy. Some of it is KP and some of it is high rise ugly, hope we make the KP more aesthetic.

I get what your saying but after seeing the training ground come together I’m fairly certain it will look the dogs bollocks 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

A French Ligue 1 Club RC Strasbourg are looking expanding a side of their ground along with adding a host of retail/hospitality opportunities. They are looking at increasing their capacity by 6,000 odd.

They have a very similar stadium layout to us (smaller though) and have similar expansion requirements. 

KSS also happen to be one of the architects tendering for the work which Populous won. Just thought it was a good example of what our club is/could be looking for.

Especially as the last video has a stadium expansion slightly similar to the leaked plans.

This was the KSS design

And another example

Edited by Fox in the North
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Fox in the North said:

A French Ligue 1 Club RC Strasbourg are looking expanding a side of their ground along with adding a host of retail/hospitality opportunities. They are looking at increasing their capacity by 6,000 odd.

They have a very similar stadium layout to us (smaller though) and have similar expansion requirements. 

KSS also happen to be one of the architects tendering for the work which Populous won. Just thought it was a good example of what our club is/could be looking for.

Especially as the last video has a stadium expansion slightly similar to the leaked plans.

This was the KSS design

And another example

Strasbourg is our twin city in France! ;)

6 minutes ago, Speedwell 🦊 said:

So does anyone know anymore on final capacity?Or was the 48k that was being touted around just a load of bollocks?

I don't know any more, but just going off what people have said in this thread, I think the 48k plan is one possible option. I think the artist's impressions were of an earlier design that won't be used, as the plan has apparently since changed - maybe to the 48k one. I think it's probably unlikely to be that much, but you never know. The artist's impressions we got matched the leaked plan with the arena and v-shaped hotel which said the stadium would have 40k+. I'm guessing it will be somewhere between 40k and 48k. Not very helpful, I know! lol

21 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I don't know any more, but just going off what people have said in this thread, I think the 48k plan is one possible option. I think the artist's impressions were of an earlier design that won't be used, as the plan has apparently since changed - maybe to the 48k one. I think it's probably unlikely to be that much, but you never know. The artist's impressions we got matched the leaked plan with the arena and v-shaped hotel which said the stadium would have 40k+. I'm guessing it will be somewhere between 40k and 48k. Not very helpful, I know! lol

Don’t get me wrong,I’d love it to be 48k.And I hope it is!

That to me would be a proper statement of intent.Hopefully we’ll here something this month.:)

On 01/12/2020 at 21:15, Paninistickers said:

And Leuven youth system may well have a 'campus' at Seagrave. 

Off on antangent, does/will Seagrave have a formal name?

Vardy’s party Factory his nee suite was being named on his birthday as The Chat Shit Get Banged Suite by all accounts it was opened smashing a bottle of WKD Blue against the door frame !🤪

8 hours ago, Fox in the North said:

This was the KSS design

And another example

That last video is very similar to the plan that got leaked. Not massively keen on it so hopefully something more exciting will be revealed.