Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Stadium Expansion...?

32 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Sell the KP to the Tigers or housing developers and that's build a new 120k seater stadium and really show the world we mean business. 

If the club redevelop the area around the KP alongside the expansion it could be really nice.

1 hour ago, Collymore said:

Sell the KP to the Tigers or housing developers and that's build a new 120k seater stadium and really show the world we mean business. 

I'm sure you're part jesting but we'd get next to nothing for the KP from housing developers we only got £3-4mill for Filbert St because it cost so much to dismantle the stadium and clear the ground.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, davieG said:

I'm sure you're part jesting but we'd get next to nothing for the KP from housing developers we only got £3-4mill for Filbert St because it cost so much to dismantle the stadium and clear the ground.

I was jesting with the 120k!

Just thought that now we've even more cemented ourselves as a prem club that a new ground might come into thinking?

I'm sure when they originally drew up the plans for expansion we were less sure of where we'd be in the future...

Feels now like we could safely say we could expect at least 10 yrs in the Premier League generating more than £1b revenue. 

Far from a nimby but the planned Filbert St (Filbert village iirc?) is rank. The club should object on the grounds it’s a huge eyesore and build something better near our patch ya cùnts

1 hour ago, Collymore said:

Just thought that now we've even more cemented ourselves as a prem club that a new ground might come into thinking?

I'm sure when they originally drew up the plans for expansion we were less sure of where we'd be in the future...

Feels now like we could safely say we could expect at least 10 yrs in the Premier League generating more than £1b revenue. 

Well I wouldn't want one built anywhere else and there really is nothing available nearby or even within the City. You'd be looking back to Beaumont Leys, Glenfield, Fosse Park terrible places for transport or pre/post match doings.

I think it would have to be along side this one nearer to Aylestone Road but I just can't see that happening.

I'm sure overtime if they wanted to they could expand to 50/60k.

2 hours ago, Collymore said:

...the cost implications regarding building a new stadium at the detriment of the quality of the playing staff would be insane!!!

Ignoring the 120k seater (obviously just banter) we have sold players to finance purchases and the infrastructure is the reason for this. Money should already be in place to find the expansion from our end of season revenue depending what position we finish.

Next season should require no further sales and available money to bring in the quality we need. Our hands are now somewhat tied by our ambition but we do not build a training centre and expand a stadium every year.

2 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I’m sure they said they had looked at a new stadium option but decided against it and to expand instead

Was that not so long a go they might not have wanted to risk it in case of relegation though? 

It seems this has been in the pipeline forever...

I'd rather we just developed the KP than got a new stadium. We won't get a better location nearer the city centre, and when each stand has been rebuilt/expanded, the location would be the only real difference.

I'm itching to see the plans for this.

• Like 1

I’m not sure why kingpower have thought of practically purchasing the entire area from filbert st, Citroen/seat/retail park and build lots of accommodation and infrastructure into that area. I appreciate the initial outlay, but you’d make a huge fortune from just selling/renting the apartments alone. Let alone a concert venue and stadium

Genuine question, why is there such an issue with it having to be near the city centre? I get it has train links but I would guess the vast majority of people don’t travel to the match that way and it certainly isn’t in a convenient location to travel to by car. Surely somewhere with better road links would be more convenient. There always seems to be a pushback to this suggestion though. They could organise shuttles to the ground from the city centre like Brighton do for example to still make it accessible from that area.

3 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Genuine question, why is there such an issue with it having to be near the city centre? I get it has train links but I would guess the vast majority of people don’t travel to the match that way and it certainly isn’t in a convenient location to travel to by car. Surely somewhere with better road links would be more convenient. There always seems to be a pushback to this suggestion though. They could organise shuttles to the ground from the city centre like Brighton do for example to still make it accessible from that area.

Its really not difficult to understand,  the majority of fans will be from within the City where their is a plethura of choice with regards transport (walk/cycle/bus/car etc). You move it outside the city then almost all will have no choice but to use a car  and therefore the ground will need vast car parks that would ony be used once a fortnight.  You'd also need to provide pre and post match entertainment (pubs/bars etc).  I travel to the majority of games by car as I live on the edge in the county and there is four of us.  but I could if I chose a bus or a train,  move it to Beaumont Leys or Fosse Park and there would be no realistic choice.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

If it's outside the City then people travelling by bus would have to get two in the majority of case - one into the city and then one to the stadium. At the moment it's not a difficult walk from the centre. 

Also if it's outside the city and where it would get little or no opposition they'll be no pubs, eateries and public transport would be sparse and difficult meaning they'd be a lot more private cars descending on the area.

One of the areas consider before we got this one was at Glenfield where the A46/M1 intersection is and there's nothing for miles around there. It would have been terrible for LCFC fans.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Robo61 said:

Its really not difficult to understand,  the majority of fans will be from within the City where their is a plethura of choice with regards transport (walk/cycle/bus/car etc). You move it outside the city then almost all will have no choice but to use a car  and therefore the ground will need vast car parks that would ony be used once a fortnight.  You'd also need to provide pre and post match entertainment (pubs/bars etc).  I travel to the majority of games by car as I live on the edge in the county and there is four of us.  but I could if I chose a bus or a train,  move it to Beaumont Leys or Fosse Park and there would be no realistic choice.

I’m not sure how accurate it is that most fans come from within the city. (Depending what you class as the city of course) but I would guess people would come from all over the county in pretty equal numbers. I get the best transport links (other than by car) would be to a location in the city but that’s a problem that could be sorted with some planning (other teams have successfully done it). In regards of parking I don’t see too much issue as it’s not like they’ve provided any at the current location. People will always find a place to park no matter where the ground is and with it being further outside there would be more land to potentially provide parking options.

Honestly I don’t really mind either way personally. I would probably prefer to stay at the KP just because I feel it has history now and it would be nice to build on that.  

54 minutes ago, Billynomates said:

I mean where to start. First of all this is unofficially unofficial. 1. Not starting this May, aiming for next May for stadium construction. 2. Which building supplement this is up in the air. 3. The CEO could be the downfall of  the club, ok that’s a bit extreme but taste the frustration. 4. Covid is allowing a smoother transition whilst seagrave is getting up and running, some issues with contractor and staff (never mind) 5. Ceo doesn’t like strong willed subordinates, watch the .com staffing change soon. 6. Because of two CEO ‘issues’ all interested parties are walking away due lack of transparency from club, honesty, and new work. 7. This could be a minor hiccup if ‘we’ pull our finger out with a decision. New contractor maybe be needed due to a) Everton stadium b) rumours of ceo being a bit of a knob - hopefully not but this could delay a further 12 months as the window of opportunity is fixed be seasons. 8. Owner is coming (for sure and for first time) to seagrave two weeks on Monday. This is to see his baby in seagrave and possibly provide a boost for stadium.

this is all a bit up in air but it’s the best I’ve got. Season tickets for next season will be available at least.

By CEO, do you mean Susan Whelan? I thought she was highly rated?

• Like 1

Surprised about all this uncertainty after the apparent determination and decisiveness in getting Seagrave done. 

Perhaps Top will tell them to get on with it when he turns up in a couple of weeks. 

Still haven't got the Vichai Statue in place yet (or perhaps they have as I haven't been down there for nearly a year).