Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Benkovic

4 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

He went off with a sore knee though? 

even if it is a sore knee, its not great to only get to an hour on your first appearance after injury absences before something intervenes …… its not like he has been rushed back ,,,,,, 

Edited by st albans fox

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

even if it is a sore knee, its not great to only get to an hour on your first appearance after injury absences before something intervenes …… its not like he has been rushed back ,,,,,, 

I agree and we DO need another player in that position, preferably in this window. But the issue wasnt the recurring one he has struggled with before so that is a defo plus.  

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

are there any quotes from Brendan re this suzie ?

I was listening to an interview and Brendan said that he "felt pain in his knee." I don't know how serious of an injury it is, but even on the mild end, i would assume a slight strain of his MCL / ACL would sideline him for 2-4 weeks. Anything more serious, and his season may very well be done. 

11 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

He went off with a sore knee though? 

It isn't really just the sore knee though is it. How many minutes of competitive football has the guy played in the last 6-8 months? He was unfit for a lot of the time at Celtic and this was his first appearance this season above under 23 level,

He's obvioulsy not only suspect to injuries but clearly not match fit either.

A CB is essential either on loan or bought.

Guest An Sionnach
1 minute ago, reynard said:

It isn't really just the sore knee though is it. How many minutes of competitive football has the guy played in the last 6-8 months? He was unfit for a lot of the time at Celtic and this was his first appearance this season above under 23 level,

He's obvioulsy not only suspect to injuries but clearly not match fit either.

A CB is essential either on loan or bought

Its not easy to find reliable C Bs , that is why Cahill, Jagielka , Fernandinho etc. are still playing P.L. football. Unless we know of a likely candidate on the continent it won't be easy to get one.

Just now, An Sionnach said:

Its not easy to find reliable C Bs , that is why Cahill, Jagielka , Fernandinho etc. are still playing P.L. football. Unless we know of a likely candidate on the continent it won't be easy to get one.

No it isn't but we can't risk going through the rest of the season with only 2 CBs. Looks likely Wes will be out for quite a while and Benkovic can't currently be relied upon. Unless of course we are going to use Amartey as cover>

Guest An Sionnach

Chris Smalling might be available at 30 m. however if he joined us he would want to be a starter and unless we go for a permanent back three that could cause problems.

10 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Chris Smalling might be available at 30 m. however if he joined us he would want to be a starter and unless we go for a permanent back three that could cause problems.

Cant see that happening - he’s said he wants to wait until the summer to sort out his future, plus we’ll have to deal with Man Utd who probably would play hard ball with us in return for Maguire

• Like 1

Guest An Sionnach

We are reaching the stage now where the movement of major players between clubs of equal stature is nearly impossible unless they are nearing the end of their contracts. Anyway that is good news for young players , they have a better chance of coming through.

I have faith in the Leicester scouting team to find us a winner. I am sure they have a few irons in the fire and will not go into panic mode just yet.

Darnell Johnson & Daniel Amartey can both move up to the bench as a short term fix

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

Surely Manchester United will have worked out that Smalling is actually better than Maguire by now? 

Failing that they’ll definitely be wanting revenge on us for having their pants down on the Harry deal. 

This is why they’re trying to palm Jesse Lingard onto us 😖

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gurru991 said:

I have faith in the Leicester scouting team to find us a winner. I am sure they have a few irons in the fire and will not go into panic mode just yet.

Darnell Johnson & Daniel Amartey can both move up to the bench as a short term fix

To me, not an acceptable risk with CL football on the line.  Need a veteran backup option, a loan is fine.

There are two separate issues with Benkovic that are getting muddled together here.  The question of his long-term future to me is clear-cut - if he's able to stay healthy, he's going to be a big part of our future.  But the more pressing question is whether he's a reliable backup option for the remainder of this season and the answer, sadly, seems to be no.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Cahill and Fernandinho have been great this season, and Jagielka is like Sheffield Utd's Morgan he's played like 1 game all season.

Guest An Sionnach
34 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Cahill and Fernandinho have been great this season, and Jagielka is like Sheffield Utd's Morgan he's played like 1 game all season.

Phil is a great bloke and never let's you down . He is still better than Stones at 37 y. o. He has actually played in four matches this season but you know what if Utd. needed him he would turn out every match.