Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Benkovic

What about WBA they have a Croatian Manager? 

It is totally pointless him going anywhere near the SPL again as he needs to be tested week in and week out to progress. Another half season north of the border will regress him.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Send him to one of the just promoted sides, surely he will get into one of them, Norwich maybe?

6 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Norwich are desperately short at CB so that would be a good spot to send him on loan

Norwich may need a CB, but I'm puzzled why you think Norwich would want someone who has been nowhere a first team start for 12 months? 

6 minutes ago, oxford blue said:

He can't be signed before January 2020, and he was injured in January - I thought he did not return (excluding a game for Croaria U21 in summer) but could be wrong

Not sure either TBh - so will just leave as my failed suggestion lol

• 1 month later...

Anyone heard any reliable news about Benkovic?

Seems odd that he's not even making the bench or playing in cup games, despite his original injury having reportedly been minor.....

If he's nowhere near contention for 1st team for whatever reason, we'll surely need to bring in another centre-back in January.

Maybe another young prospect capable of stepping up if need be - or an experienced but still decent CB near the end of his career, so a cheap stopgap?

Our CB options are limited otherwise: Evans, Soyuncu, an aging Wes.........who else?

Fuchs in an emergency, but hardly ideal? Wouldn't want to move Ndidi from midfield. Has Justin ever played CB? :dunno:

12 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

Anyone heard any reliable news about Benkovic?

Seems odd that he's not even making the bench or playing in cup games, despite his original injury having reportedly been minor.....

If he's nowhere near contention for 1st team for whatever reason, we'll surely need to bring in another centre-back in January.

Maybe another young prospect capable of stepping up if need be - or an experienced but still decent CB near the end of his career, so a cheap stopgap?

Our CB options are limited otherwise: Evans, Soyuncu, an aging Wes.........who else?

Fuchs in an emergency, but hardly ideal? Wouldn't want to move Ndidi from midfield. Has Justin ever played CB? :dunno:

We still have big Dan :D 

• Like 2

Guest An Sionnach

Benko has the physical stature of Maguire and that is something that Liverpool have in Van Dyke and Matip so let's hope we can make use of that.

Just now, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Lots of unnecessary flapping in this thread. Simple fact is there's just no room for him in the matchday squad right now. Next year there might be. He'll be a good player for us. 

You would think though if that was the only case he would be getting more play in the U23's ? 

2 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

You would think though if that was the only case he would be getting more play in the U23's ? 

My guess is that we are making sure he has fully recovered from his injury, its one that he's been playing through for some time. Id guess we have something lined up for him in january already. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

My guess is that we are making sure he has fully recovered from his injury, its one that he's been playing through for some time. Id guess we have something lined up for him in january already. 

Yeah this, I trust our backroom staff to make the right decision on this. 

Our availability rates/days lost to injury have been incredibly low since Pearson's second spell. Or sports science and medical departments are some of the best in the business so I trust them completely on Benkovic 

51 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Mendy isn't playing in the U23's, and Armarty just made his first appearance. Benko is training with the first team, and appears in photos/videos posted by the club

Brendan knows him better than anyone after Celtic, so I trust his judgement (and see the rise of Nacho, who I thought was beyond hope.)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Benkovic started for the U23s today against Everton. They won but I don't know how he did.

Didn’t have much to do, but whatever he did, he did well. Assisted the first with header from a corner.

Commentators mentioned he went out of his way to ask for game time in the U23s.

• Like 1