Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Benkovic

Feel for Benkovic, but we have to operate in the best interests of the club. If that means we offload him for maybe 10m and get in 1, hopefully 2 more CBS, then so be it.

10 hours ago, gurru991 said:

Leicester have one of the best medical/physio/rehab teams in football. They will get Benko sorted for sure & he will go on to be a City legend.

These same teams cannot cure James though:ph34r:...................just saying.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

I thought he looked quality and was the best player on the pitch the spell before his injury. Gutted for him, but will see what the doctors and club say before throwing him on the rubbish heap.

Agreed, but wondering if you're on the right forum posting such sense....

2 hours ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

I thought he looked quality and was the best player on the pitch the spell before his injury. Gutted for him, but will see what the doctors and club say before throwing him on the rubbish heap.

Really? He won a few headers and sprayed a few diagonals that went to the opposition. Slipped for their biggest chance of the match.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

Give the lad time, still only 22. 

Needs some time to try get over his injuries.

Yes he does, in the meantime we unfortunately have to sign a new CB, loan is a possibility , but with Wes being out and the potential of Champions League football next season a permanent signing would be preferable, we need to continue with our clever transfer business not make a hash of it like we did the last time we had CL football. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

Give the lad time, still only 22. 

Needs some time to try get over his injuries.

Yeah. Wasn’t Gerrard like permanently injured a around that age. Took him some years to iron out the frailties. Sometimes patience is a virtue - although we’ve taken that a bit far with James. 

10 hours ago, Nod.E said:

While his fitness is a concern I think that's a little extreme.

From what I can gather Benko has suffered a couple of different injuries rather than regular reoccurrences of the same injury (not 100% confident on this point admittedly.)

It's possible that he's injury prone or 'Matty James mkII', but he could just as likely be going through a temporary unfortunate run of back to back injuries.

Seems pointless speculating either way. All we can do is hope it's the latter.

Yeah it is, just a bit concerning really that he couldn't get through that first game after getting it well after anyone would've hoped. I hope you're right.

I thought Benkovic looked decent yesterday but you'd have to question the validity of this assessment, given the opposition. He fitted in with pinging the ball around the back 4 and to the goalkeeper. Actually I wish we wouldn't do that (pinging it across the back 4) as you can see one of the defenders slipping and we give up a stupid goal. He was strong in the air, again against some moderate looking Wigan forwards. I didn't see his pace as he didn't need to sprint too much but he did look mobile enough and definitely comfortable on the ball. Shame he limped off after 60 odd minutes. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kuredufox said:

Just the same as Cags last year let him get games under his belt before all the negativity. With Wes injured we need another quality CB anyway.

It’s not the same though ...... he was great for Celtic and then the injuries came back ..... and his first opportunity here this season ends after an hour with another injury ...... cags has no history of injury concerns ........

• Like 1

On 05/01/2020 at 02:55, mozartfox said:

These same teams cannot cure James though:ph34r:...................just saying.

That's something we will never know. How much worse it could have been for Matty with a different team. He played 90 minutes for the U23's and while he obviously lacked match fitness he put in a shift.

For an athlete to suffer repetitive injuries over a five season period must play heavily on a persons mental health. 

I'm pretty certain Matty will need to move on to a Championship club & I personally wish him all the luck in the world.

Guest An Sionnach

Benkovic will get back to full fitness and will be a major player for us . He shows a lot of qualities similar to  Vidic. He and Soyuncu could be a formidable pairing in a couple of years.

Edited by An Sionnach