Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fuchsntf

Caglar Soyuncu

3 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

Some on here have been making him out to be the latest messiah, if only he'd been playing since the start of the season everything would have been fine.  Well against Fulham we've seen the real Cags.

He is the best defender at the club who has been mismanaged. If he had been playing since August, we would have more points, it’s as simple as that.

Edited by Matt_Lcfc
  • Like 4

26 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

He is the best defender at the club who has been mismanaged. If he had been playing since August, we would have more points, it’s as simple as that.

On his day he can be very good, but when he's not on it, then he's a bomb scare. 

1 hour ago, Onions said:

Isn’t what I said was it, but that’s a fine way to avoid the topic. 

He was at fault for at least 2 today, or are we going to ignore it because it wasn’t all 5? 🤡

You're the one that brought up 12 goals lol lol

If you think he's that bad then there's no point trying to convince you otherwise. 

He wasn't even the worst today. 

32 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

On his day he can be very good, but when he's not on it, then he's a bomb scare. 

This is a flawed argument as nobody is claiming that he is perfect. It’s about comparing him to other CBs at the club (Faes, Souttar and Amartey). 

He does have a tendency to be bomb scare but literally every defender that we have at the club does, no? It’s about looking at the bigger picture, and for me, Soyuncu has attributes that the players listed do not, it’s pretty evident that he is our best defender.

There is a reason why he will be on the plane to Madrid in the summer.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, CheeseHead said:

Our defenders unsurprisingly getting a lot of stick today, but it is our woeful midfield that is the problem

This is the thing i can't get my head around. Our midfield literately hands the ball back and lets team bulldose our defence. The space Fulham were given today was unbelievable.  I don't think i have ever watch a team put a defence under so much pressure. And we are playing one up top whilst we do it! Yet its the defence that are the issue!?!?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

This is a flawed argument as nobody is claiming that he is perfect. It’s about comparing him to other CBs at the club (Faes, Souttar and Amartey). 

He does have a tendency to be bomb scare but literally every defender that we have at the club does, no? It’s about looking at the bigger picture, and for me, Soyuncu has attributes that the players listed do not, it’s pretty evident that he is our best defender.

There is a reason why he will be on the plane to Madrid in the summer.

I just don't get the deification of Söyüncü, today he was shocking and it almost showed he was on the beach with Tielemans, if you think he's the bee's knees then you are entitled to that opinion,  I thought like that a few years back when he had one good season.

He's not been at the club for the best part of 18 months, his head has been elsewhere, and any other player who's wanted out gets slaughtered, but for some reason, Söyüncü gets a free pass from some on here.

I have no doubt he'll become a success at Atleti, but he hasn't been consistently good for some time at our club, I'd rather now have players who are committed and probably going to be with us in our new surroundings in the championship.

Edited by Le Renard
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Le Renard said:

Some on here have been making him out to be the latest messiah, if only he'd been playing since the start of the season everything would have been fine.  Well against Fulham we've seen the real Cags.

not a good day for any defenders - but I’m still comfortable to place today on the coach 

no cdm away from home is asking for trouble when you’ve got youri and Bouba as your midfield 2

its easy to blame the players for not having the right mental approach and getting stuck in but at least we could give them a proper defensive structure 

So he's ostracised  by Rodgers and does play all season, Smith comes plays him for 5 x  90 min games and now out with a hamstring injury.

So we could've sold him in 2021 but he wanted to stay

Then Rodgers screwed us out of getting him to sign an extension by ostracising him

Why not get him on a new deal in 2021?

Then we could've sold him in January but we probably priced him out even though we weren't using him at the time

https://sportwitness.co.uk/agent-says-player-rejected-leicester-city-renewal-wasnt-assured-starting-place/

Agent says player rejected Leicester City renewal because he wasn’t assured of starting place

Leicester City defender Çağlar Söyüncü has a deal expiring in June and his future is set to be away from the King Power Stadium.

The Foxes parted ways with Brendan Rodgers last month and the 27-year-old was restricted to only two league appearances under the manager this season.

His situation has improved after Dean Smith’s arrival, but that won’t be enough to keep him at Leicester.

That’s according to the Turkey international’s former agent, Mustafa Dogru, who claims the Premier League side wanted to offer him an extension. His quotes are relayed by AS.

“Leicester City wanted to renew him, but Çağlar did not accept it, because they do not assure him that he will be a starter,” he said.

Atlético Madrid are said to be the centre-back’s next destination. The La Liga side were keen on acquiring his signature in the winter market but the deal didn’t take shape.

Söyüncü has good ties with his former agent, who has revealed the player already has an agreement in place to join Diego Simeone’s side for free in the summer. Dorgu, who has backed the Leicester player to shine at Atlético, has also explained their past attempt to sign him.

“I worked with Çağlar for a long time, we still have a very good relationship and I know well that he has a signed agreement with Atlético Madrid for four years. He also reached an economic agreement with Atlético,” Dogru explained.

“We spoke to Andrea Berta, who wanted to sign Çağlar when he played for Freiburg. In fact, he called me directly in the summer of 2021 to hire him, but Çağlar wanted to continue at Leicester City. Now he wants to play in a team that plays in the Champions League,” he said.

“In fact, they wanted to finalise the signing of him in January, but they could not reach an agreement with Leicester. I have no doubt that Çağlar will be essential for Atlético. With Simeone, he will have much more success because his style is exactly suited to Atlético. He can use both feet and with the ball he can play flawlessly.”

Edited by moore_94
  • Sad 2

I'm sure this will be used to knock Rodgers once again but i read we offered a contract, he said i'll sign if i'm a starter, we said can't guarantee that because i assume at that time the forecast would have been Evans / Fofana as starters, he then said ok i won't sign & probably got the hump where things then soured between the pair, it doesn't look like its 1 way traffic to me but 2 grown men shouldn't be having playground tantrums :dunno:

As for selling in Jan 23 to AM i'm sure it was a low ball offer but yes something better than nothing if you weren't going to use him, but was it just dependent on us getting another CB in before he could go etc etc we got Harry in on 31st January the transfer window closed on the 31st Jan, again it's not as cut n dry as Rodgers/Leicester are the bad guys we were operating on the 1 in 1 out rule were we not then?

The last paragraph "I have no doubt that Çağlar will be essential for Atlético. With Simeone, he will have much more success because his style is exactly suited to Atlético. He can use both feet and with the ball he can play flawlessly.”

Isn't Simeone leaving this summer???

Edited by BKLFox

4 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Isn't Rudkin in charge of contracts and selling players? In which case he's the walker here.

That's what I thought. Not sure how people want Rudkin out and then blame the head coach for contracts etc.

7 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Isn't Rudkin in charge of contracts and selling players? In which case he's the walker here.

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

That's what I thought. Not sure how people want Rudkin out and then blame the head coach for contracts etc.

In this instance, he hasn't signed it due to no assurances around playing time. Which I'm guessing is down to Rodgers

Edited by Tommy Fresh

It's certainly not the rod that I'd most wish to hit Rodgers with. Cags was poor for a long while. Obviously he couldn't be guaranteed a starting place, regardless of whether he's better than the no-hopers that we bought to replace him. The club should have lowered their asking price when his stance became clear.

My biggest concern right now is that our determination to hold out for an unrealistic fee will - with other players - mean that we can't galvanise our team for a promotion charge. I have a feeling that, if we stick to our current way of working, the first half of the season will be overshadowed by a flux of personnel. Deadline Day will be the start of our season, by which time our in situ manager might already be in trouble.

5 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Situation where left hand not talking to right hand. Player wants to stay, club want to maximise the use and value of their asset, and the Manager begins a personal vendetta against player.

In an ideal world,  the club take control of the situation and either back the manager or the player. But it seems that at Leicester apathy rules, as Brendan wanted control and the club can't decide if they sell their assets or retain.

It’s this sort of brain fog between the DofF and manager that needs to be resolved in the Summer with new people in each position.

No more players running down contracts. If they don’t extend with 2 yrs to go, we say thank you and sell them and reinvest. No playing silly beggars.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Rodgers didn't assure him of a regular starting place. Therefore he's also one. 

Just now, StanSP said:

Rodgers didn't assure him of a regular starting place. Therefore he's also one. 

The article is a little confused on that front. 

“Leicester City wanted to renew him, but Çağlar did not accept it, because they do not assure him that he will be a starter,” he said.

No one should expect to just be a starter, needs to be earned and the team rotated. But I suppose what Cags was looking for was assurance that he wouldn't just be hung out to dry. This is exactly what Rodgers did, and would play Amartey and Ndidi ahead of him.  The whole thing still feels really weird. 

• Like 4