Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fuchsntf

Caglar Soyuncu

12 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

To be fair to Rodgers he was the one who gave him his chance he only played 4 games in a season under Puel.

Unfortunately unless Cags tell us its all guess work.

Would have loved him to stay.

Out of desperation more than anything.

I swear he wanted Dunk but Brighton wanted pretty much what we got for Maguire.

I think Rodgers did more harm than good for Cags.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Babylon said:

For about the 2000 time, you cannot make players sign contracts, neither can you force them to leave. 

But my friend….. have you heard of the……….

Spanish Inquisition..!!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sly said:

Does anyone actually know the reasons why he was ostracised? 

I just presume it was a case of knowing he wasn't signing a new contract and was looking to go. But of course it was a case of pick and choose with Brendan as he let Youri get away with exactly the same thing.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, SafewayFox said:

Out of desperation more than anything.

I swear he wanted Dunk but Brighton wanted pretty much what we got for Maguire.

I think Rodgers did more harm than good for Cags.

... we were desperately looking for a replacement for Maguire and time ran out!!! 

Soyuncu was available and he shone in the role. Rodgers wanted someone else,  he had little choice but to play Soyuncu. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Corky said:

Hopefully has been restored in time.

Let's not forget the two gamers Sadler ignored him for as well. Ridiculous.

Sadler ignoring him almost annoys me more than Brendan. Sadler should have used every resource available to him, yet played Amartey against Bournemouth. Criminal. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Sly said:

Does anyone actually know the reasons why he was ostracised? 

Wasn't there rumours of a physical confrontation at the training ground?? I'd heard soy punched Rodgers??  Could absolutely be hearsay though! 

He has looked great since coming back , but people have selective memories his name was mud with people slagging him off left right and center and with good reason , he made some suicide passes , remember that Cruyff turn when he got robbed?  plus temper issues including booting a player in our own goal / Red card.  people just wondered why he turned to shit myself included, looks like he is back to the player he was so good luck to him he has always been quick and aggressive he just needs to not make errors because we do that enough any way!  

Edited by jamfox
  • Like 1

**** Brendan Rodgers. Absolute tool. Looking back on his prime before Brendan destroyed his career here, he was one of the most natural defender I’ve ever seen in blue, I’d argue he’s a better defender than Fofana ever was, but he wasn’t flashy so was never in that 80m bracket. But at the absolute minimum when he was on form and playing he was a 60m defender and we are about to lose him on a free. 
One of my favourite players ever for us, out of all of the shopping list of **** ups Brendan made here this is one of the biggest imo. 
If he had played this season we wouldn’t be in this situation and we may just be signing him to a new deal. 

Good luck Cags, you have 100% commitment every time you stepped foot on the pitch, a leader in defence and actually cared about effort and determination, you deserve champions league football. Shame on the club and the board for allowing him to be treated how he was. 

Atletico have just made one of the best signings I’ve seen in a long while. I’ve no doubt he will be there for a long time under Simeone or possibly end up going for a bit fee to somewhere like Real or Barca after a few years. 

To reiterate, **** Rodgers, and **** the club for allowing this. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, jamfox said:

He has looked great since coming back , but people have selective memories his name was mud with people slagging him off left right and center and with good reason , he made some suicide passes , remember that Cruyff turn when he got robbed?  plus temper issues including booting a player in our own goal / Red card.  people just wondered why he turned to shit myself included, looks like he is back to the player he was so good luck to him he has always been quick and aggressive he just needs to not make errors because we do that enough any way!  

Not allowed to be so grey, he is either Maldini or Matt Mills, there is no middle ground.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

... we were desperately looking for a replacement for Maguire and time ran out!!! 

Soyuncu was available and he shone in the role. Rodgers wanted someone else,  he had little choice but to play Soyuncu. 

…you have a way of agreeing with people that sounds like you’re disagreeing!!!

It’s quite the skill. 

• Haha 1