Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fuchsntf

Caglar Soyuncu

3 hours ago, kiwiturk said:

Yes. This was one of the reason. Caglar played a pivotal role to convince Under to come to LCFC. Under dropped after MOTM performance vs Arsenal and we all know the rest of the story. It was devastating for the Cags.

Also after the Tottenham game BR gave  him a very harsh treatment  front of the other players in dressing room and he retaliated said * we don't get enough help from midfield no one either pressing for ball or even approaching us to ask for ball. We are completely left alone* 

That talk back was end of him and Brendan Rogers put him on his black list since... 

That's what I gathered from Turkish sports newspapers 

very believable. Brendan isn’t the type of person that wants input from players.  Definitely seems like that may have been part of the reason for kaspers departure 

55 minutes ago, HybridFox said:

"Rodgers is an elite manager"

Elite manager my ass...

Elite managers don't drag their team filled with a bunch talented players to relegation zone.

Elite managers don't put their own ego front of club's interest. 

Elite managers don't inflict heavy financial losses to their own club.

He is a w**ker.

That's what all he is.

Edited by kiwiturk
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, dannythefox said:

Can’t force the lad to stay. Should have sold him when clubs were sniffing. It’s our fault, same with Youri and madders/barns will go this summer 

Can’t say for sure but cags made his mind up about moving on a long time ago - he is one of our lowest earners and I assume we tried to get him to sign an extension after Brendan’s first full season in 2020 (when he was in the PL team of the season). 

By the time rodgers publicly called him out last may at spurs, the damage was long done between them. Cags and his people had decided he would see out his final year before then.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Really important goal. But we've not improved defensively since Cags came back. Still conceding goals and chances at the same rate we were when either Souttar or Amartey were playing.

Against Wolves we improved. But the two games since have been the usual chaos. The midfield doesn't help

1 minute ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Really important goal. But we've not improved defensively since Cags came back. Still conceding goals and chances at the same rate we were when either Souttar or Amartey were playing.

Since he came in castagne has had a few shockers and whoever is playing at left back has a terribly out of form Barnes in front who is offering no protection. He has done his job well in general 

3 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Most chances come from wide areas.

3 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

The problem is the players around him. I actually think if we player Souttar or Amartey we’d at least be 3 points worse off. 

Just now, foxfanazer said:

Against Wolves we improved. But the two games since have been the usual chaos. The midfield doesn't help

That's the issue, our midfield is terrible bar Soumare. Youri and Ndidi look out if it and our full backs dont help either. Neither seem able to stop crosses coming into the box.

• Like 1

On 26/04/2023 at 09:19, Dames said:

Because Rodgers wanted to make a point about needing new signings and a refresh. 

Its finally starting to become clear how petty and vindictive he was as a manager and how thats likely the reason we are now in a world of trouble. 

I think you not far from the truth.

I imagine he made certain team selections and team instructions to "encourage" investment in the team, then when he realised its all gone too far he wasnt capable of turning it around.

• Like 1

I know hindsight is wonderful but if Iverson, Soyunco and Faes were the three core players of our defence all season we would probably have a couple more points. And I don’t really rate Faes very highly for what it’s worth. 

• Like 2

Top bloke and top professional. I really can’t speak highly enough of him.

Signed for another club, but still putting shifts in and his body on the line, not shirking from challenges, getting stuck in. Committed till the end.

Youri and Maddison on the other hand. **** off. Can’t wait to see the back of them. Yes they can be great players, on their terms, when they want it, currently they’re just trying not get injured for prospective clubs.

I’ll genuinely be gutted to see Soyuncu go and he’s probably the only reason I’ll consider stopping behind for the “lap of appreciation” on the last game because as far as I’m concerned on a whole we have a real unlikeable bunch of players.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

Top bloke and top professional. I really can’t speak highly enough of him.

Signed for another club, but still putting shifts in and his body on the line, not shirking from challenges, getting stuck in. Committed till the end.

Youri and Maddison on the other hand. **** off.

We would be bottom with 5 points without Maddison and Tielemans. Not had great games lately but they are still our best (and most sought after) players. This whole episode with Caglar has been a clusterf**k on every measure. 

• Like 1

Recruitment.  Sports medicine.

Cags.  Kasper.  Iversen.

the Tiny Saboteur left bombs everywhere, some cunningly placed against the foundations of the club.

They may keep detonating for a while yet.

TinyTNT.JPG.d8eae3cf80b2854045b82f6cae90a10d.JPG