Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Match Ratings: Leicester City 0-0 Wolves - Vote Now

Leicester City 0-0 Wolves

You do not have permission to vote. Please login to vote.
  1. 6.2

Total Average Rating

191 votes
  2. Highest Rated Player

Çağlar Söyüncü 7.9
  3. Lowest Rated Player

Ben Chilwell 4.7
  4. Manager Confidence 97% +5%

Season: 2019/20
Voting Starts: 11/08/19
Voting Ends: 16/08/19

1. Kasper Schmeichel
  2. Ricardo Pereira
  3. Jonny Evans
  4. Caglar Soyuncu
  5. Ben Chilwell
  6. Wilfred Ndidi
  7. Ayoze Pérez
  8. Youri Tielemans
  9. Hamza Choudhury
  10. James Maddison
  11. Jamie Vardy
  12. Harvey Barnes (sub)
  13. Marc Albrighton (sub)

I hope Chilwell sees this and takes note! His underpar performance today was so noticeable and so unlike his usual high tempo game. I really didn't recognize him. He wont get England call ups playing like that!

Edited by ultrafox
  • Like 1

Soyuncu motm closely followed by Ndidi & Ricardo, Barnes made a big difference when he came on and deserved s start next week. We need Maddison & Tielemans more central as well. Chilwell had his worst game in a City shirt.. 

8 minutes ago, NewquayFox said:

Chilwell 7 according to Sky ffs....:blink:

D21D0B4D-70A5-429B-B304-1B390D52072F.png

Chilwell better than Ndidi???? Yeah, right... As usual, Sky's ratings are a joke.

And also as usual, this thread is the only one with realistic ratings for Leicester players.

3 hours ago, ultrafox said:

I hope Chilwell see this and takes note! His underpar performance today was so noticeable and unlike his usual high tempo game. I really didn't recognize him. He wont get England call ups playing like that!

I think he's been poor throughout Rodgers' reign (after a great first half to last season) but yes, today he was awful and played like he didn't want to be here - sloppy, casual, wayward and unwilling to drive forward. Maddison and Perez weren't much better but at least they tried...

5 minutes ago, Hammo said:

I think he's been poor throughout Rodgers' reign (after a great first half to last season) but yes, today he was awful and played like he didn't want to be here - sloppy, casual, wayward and unwilling to drive forward. Maddison and Perez weren't much better but at least they tried...

Chilwell did not go forward, but how much of that was for most of the game having Maddison ahead of him, rather than a proper winger. I also think that he had been given orders to not leave Soyancu too exposed.

My biggest concern is our poor set pieces. I am far from convinced that Maddison is the best to be taking these. His corners in particular are poor. How is Tielemans at these?

Wolves are a good side with mostly attractive football.

5 hours ago, ultrafox said:

I hope Chilwell sees this and takes note! His underpar performance today was so noticeable and so unlike his usual high tempo game. I really didn't recognize him. He wont get England call ups playing like that!

Fuchs looked much better againstAtlanta arguablly a better team than Wolves but age and circumstances means Chilwell preferred

Stand out player for me is a toss up between Caglar and Harv.  I suppose CS shades it, because he performed over the 90 minutes, but Barnes changed the whole dynamic of the game when he came on.  Chilwell had a 'mare, it's been a long time since I've seen anyone so dozy, it looked like he was still on the beach !  He really does need to wake up and realise the seasons started.  We might forgive SOME doziness (it's him or 'Old Christian'), but if he continues to play this badly, his England place could so easily be lost.

I also agree with you foxinsox, the set piece deliveries were atrocious.  Maddsison couldn't take a decent corner to save his life.  I'm amazed BR stuck with him for the whole 90 minutes, when so many others could have done a better job - Tielemans all match and Barnes & Albrighton when they came on.

Edited by bald reynard

Kasper 7 

Ricardo 6 Good first half but atrocious error on the touch line with Jota

Soyuncu 8 Some of the defending was a bit last ditch but he did really well. Good in the air, brave and actually has quite a bit of pace 

Evans 7 Solid 

Chilwell 5 Worst game for ages not helped by a number ten playing in front of him. Lacked support 

Perez 6 He’s a trier but struggled to get into the game. Good close control but surely he needs to play closer to Vardy 

Ndidi 8 Everywhere. Even when he loses the ball, he gets it straight back 

Choudhury 6 Did ok but not sure we need him as well as Ndidi in these types of games 

Tielemans 6 Quiet by his standards 

Maddison 6 Some moments of quality but I wasn’t sure where he was supposed to be playing and it didn’t look like he knew either 

Vardy 5 Anonymous 

Team lacked width which I thought would be the case when I saw the line up. Not sure players like playing in a diamond because they never fully know where they’re supposed to be. Rodgers needs to pick the best team, not the best 11 players. If that means Maddison or Perez have to drop out so we can play a proper winger then so be it. 

Still think our decision (second summer running) not to buy a striker to help Vardy out will come back to bite us. However there were some positives; Soyuncu, the possession we had and the clean sheet. Think we can win at Chelsea 

Edited by Dickov22

Didn't watch the match live as I was at a family event, but I watched the whole match last night. 

If this is how we are going to play, I can't see any reason we sacked Puel. No point in 70% slow possession with only one shot all match in the 80th odd minute. No width and a huge mistake from Rodgers not to play a wide man. Or if he wants to use Ricardo & Chilwell as wing backs he should go for a back three. Couldn't see much point in playing both N'Didi or Choudhury either. Puel was crucified often on here for using two defensive midfielders and if this team had played under Puel and got this result he would have had an approval rating of 10!

Only consolation is we didn't lose (only due to a lucky VAR decision) and we (hopefully) will improve a lot, and quickly.

Wolves looked sluggish and having had a very long trip in midweek I was really disappointed with our tempo of not really getting at them from the beginning. They actually looked stronger than us as the match wore on, which concerned me as it should have been the other way around.

Kasper -7- Clean sheet and played OK.

Ricardo -7- Apart from a couple of poor defensive mistakes, he was one of our better players.

Evans -7- Solid all match.

Soyuncu -7- Played well. Hope he can continue this form. Great to see some pace in our central defense after the Morgan & Maguire days.

Chilwell -5- Not a good performance. Our set up didn't help. I think he was confused by what his role was.

N'Didi -8- My MOTM. Played well. Wish he could shoot!

Choudhury -6- No need for him in this team. It's him or N'Didi, but not both, unless it's Man City or Liverpool away.

Perez -5- Poor match from him. Again, I think he looked a little confused to what role he was playing.

Tielemans -6- Some nice touches, and should have had an assist.

Maddison -6- Looked off the pace. Dead balls were poor, especially corners.

Vardy -5- Needs to be sharper. Poor miss from Tieleman's cross. Those must be buried.

Subs:

Barnes -7- Would have been my MOTM if he'd played longer. Looked bright and sharp. We looked much more balanced when he came on.

Albrighton -6- Tried his best as he always does.

Rodgers -5- See my comments above. This isn't Celtic in the Scottish league when you can get away with anything against second, third and forth rate opposition. The P/L is unforgiving and we'll be in for a long season playing like we did on Sunday.

Wolves -6- Nothing really special, but still should have won, but for VAR and terrible finishing. Was so surprised they looked stronger than us as the match wore on after their long trip.

Officials -6- I understand it was Jon Moss on VAR, so nice to know he did us a favour for once! Still loathe VAR, it causes just as much debate and as many problems as before.

• Like 2