Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

23 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Would love to see him upgraded, but if he remains as a near starter, I for one will back him and relish the childish dummy spitting at every game he starts. lol

I don’t think it’s ‘childish dummy spitting’ or ‘scapegoating’  when people express frustration that Perez gets a lot of opportunities despite making very little by way of positive contributions? I think it’s just rational feedback based on what fans are seeing? Most fans think there are preferable options in the squad and find it frustrating when Perez is selected. 

1 minute ago, Kevin Russell said:

I don’t think it’s ‘childish dummy spitting’ or ‘scapegoating’  when people express frustration that Perez gets a lot of opportunities despite making very little by way of positive contributions? I think it’s just rational feedback based on what fans are seeing? Most fans think there are preferable options in the squad and find it frustrating when Perez is selected. 

Critics need to also balance their views with admission of positives and not just the negatives, else it is just sh*t slinging.
The usual way to dodge this is to say ‘well he did nothing good else iI would have’, but he DID a few little good things, mainly as usual to pressing and winning the ball back at the higher end of the pitch. However, he plays high up the pitch so for some bizarre reason, people only accept goals or assists as valid output.

And no, I don’t count ‘He’s sh*t’ as rational feedback

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kevin Russell said:

Perez is way off form, Rodgers still picks him, who's to blame?

• Like 1

Just now, An Sionnach said:

Perez is way off form, Rodgers still picks him, who's to blame?

I agree to a certain extent, but pre season is about getting up to speed and Perez is two games behind most, so unless he gets game time he is unlikely to hit any kind of form or fitness (I know there will be those that think he'll never be to the required standard)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Critics need to also balance their views with admission of positives and not just the negatives, else it is just sh*t slinging.
The usual way to dodge this is to say ‘well he did nothing good else iI would have’, but he DID a few little good things, mainly as usual to pressing and winning the ball back at the higher end of the pitch. However, he plays high up the pitch so for some bizarre reason, people only accept goals or assists as valid output.

And no, I don’t count ‘He’s sh*t’ as rational feedback

He works pretty hard, but regardless of goals/assists he doesn’t really beat players or play many incisive passes - I’m sorry, but winning the ball now and again is no way near enough in the context of this current squad.

It’s very difficult to pick positives from many of his games. There are some people who are overly harsh in the criticism, but most people express natural and entirely rational frustration that a player who regularly plays poorly gets so many minutes.Surely that I’d just blindingly obvious????

• Like 2

Just now, Kevin Russell said:

He works pretty hard, but regardless of goals/assists he doesn’t really beat players or play many incisive passes - I’m sorry, but winning the ball now and again is no way near enough in the context of this current squad.

It’s very difficult to pick positives from many of his games. There are some people who are overly harsh in the criticism, but most people express natural and entirely rational frustration that a player who regularly plays poorly gets so many minutes.Surely that I’d just blindingly obvious????

Reasoned, fair enough, but fully expect him to be around the first XI next season. 

4 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

I agree to a certain extent, but pre season is about getting up to speed and Perez is two games behind most, so unless he gets game time he is unlikely to hit any kind of form or fitness (I know there will be those that think he'll never be to the required standard)

Is that his excuse for the last 2-3 years? 

• Like 1

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Reasoned, fair enough, but fully expect him to be around the first XI next season. 

I agree - I hope his performances improve - especially as he puts a shift in. I’ll be the first on here to admit I was wrong if he puts a decent run of form together.

Even at Newcastle he was in and out of form, and I think the only indication of transferability there was that he could be a decent squad player elsewhere. His best return for Newcastle was 12 goals as their main man in 18-19. Prior to that it was 6, 7, 8 goals…

Low and behold it comes as no surprise that he comes to a better club and he looks poor when persisted with.

I’d love to know why we threw £30m or whatever it was to activate his release clause. Maybe I have forgotten, but I don’t remember anyone else being linked with him at the time - which was strange given his known quantity. Perhaps that is also telling.

Amidst all of the quality signings that we have made over the past couple of years, Perez is without a doubt the standout flop. I actually think the signs were right to buy him - perhaps not for the amount that we paid, but a young attacker who clearly worked hard at the top of the pitch and chipped in with important goals was exactly what we were looking for. Sadly, he almost seems to have regressed with us, or not noticeably improved in any area of his game. Not looking too much into yesterday's woeful showing as it was his first game back after last season, however if he continues in the same fashion as he did last season, it would be bizarre to see him start as often as he did in the Premier League. Personally I would much rather Ricky or Albrighton play there if we fail to sign someone else at RW. 

1 hour ago, Kevin Russell said:

So the issue is with Brendan for selecting him, or top for not giving us more to spend on a winger?

I agree Perez not good enough, but how is Perez to blame for not being good enough

just to add I’m not complaining to Brendan or Top. just saying if a player isn’t good enough but still gets picked, should he be blamed or does the finger pointing go elsewhere.

Edited by turkish14

The transfer fee has gone, we need to look at the player we've had for two years. He doesn't fit in with the style we want to play. Just carelessly gives the ball away and is quite slow in the game really. 

The returns haven't been impressive either. I get the reasoning for yesterday being his first match of pre-season and rustiness but let's be honest, it wasn't anything we hadn't seen before.

5 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Unless we get a loan RW, looks like we are stuck with him, or we are playing a forward there, but pre-season suggests not

On and on we go,  about the RW position but if we go 4-3-3 we may as well play Kelechi on the right . Barnes, Vardy , Iheanacho is probably the line up the opposition would least like to see. All of them proven goalscorers. Kel has a formidable left foot and a great first touch . Daka looks as though he could fill any of those front three positions , that all looks fine to me.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Unless we get a loan RW, looks like we are stuck with him, or we are playing a forward there, but pre-season suggests not

I honestly believe any of our current squad would return better numbers than Perez did last year playing in the positions he did last season. 3 goal contributions all season is pathetic, Timmy had twice that playing full back.

2 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I honestly believe any of our current squad would return better numbers than Perez did last year playing in the positions he did last season. 3 goal contributions all season is pathetic, Timmy had twice that playing full back.

Maybe that’s because you misunderstand Perez’s role? Along with everyone else. lol