Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

33 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Seems to be one of our most hated players. Also he did throw the Covid party that everyone blamed Maddison for.

What's to like about him?

Cost 30m!!

Covid party fiasco!!

Underperforms 9 times out of 10!!

Missed an absolute/unforgivable sitter against Chelsea that would have got us CL football!!

Trouble is, who'd want him?... we're lumbered.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, weller54 said:

What's to like about him?

Cost 30m!!

Covid party fiasco!!

Underperforms 9 times out of 10!!

Missed an absolute/unforgivable sitter against Chelsea that would have got us CL football!!

Trouble is, who'd want him?... we're lumbered.

He also has a bad haircut 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Only good thing about Perez is that he can’t have a worse season than his last!

I think it’s his sheer lack of pace which makes him so ineffective. He’s got decent touch and technique but I’m baffled by how bad he is. He rarely gets chances in a game and the little golden opportunities he does gets he completely fluffs.

If he starts first game of the season our transfers have gone horribly wrong

• Like 1

20 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

The only problem with Maddison, is his  injury, he cant Shake off....The rest is..."lets have a Juicy conspiracy" & nonsense stories picked up by

Fans, who must find some other story & reason.. to carry on having digs at a young modern guy, trying to enjoy his social side of life...a

Trying to taking pressure away from the reoccurring  injury....

I dont see an attitude problem, or distraction...Just football-forum- BS..

I see a player in need of gym work

On 29/05/2021 at 12:34, StriderHiryu said:

2 goals and one assist for the season says it all really. On top of fluffing the chance against Chelsea which could have been his Iheanacho moment and start the road to redemption. 

Over his two seasons he’s only had one truly stand out game against Southampton. Otherwise he flatters to deceive and players like Marc Albrighton and Luke Thomas have better attacking stats than him.

He isn’t a terrible player and works hard for the team, but he frustrates us all because it’s the obvious position on the pitch which if improved might have got us into the Champions League in each of the last two seasons. I don’t think anyone dislikes him as a player, we just aren’t convinced. 

Realistically I can’t see us finding a buyer until he’s got one year left on his contract so people hoping he’ll be sold this summer are going to be disappointed. 

The hope has always been that he’ll “do a Kelechi” and redeem himself but it’s hard to see how this will happen. Even when out of form, Nacho had moments where he looked very good. I’d argue that another fringe player in Praet has also had better moments than Perez too. 

But I suppose you never know! No one wants to bash our own players and many of us fell in love with Iheanacho who saved our season! Take his goals away and there’d be no cup win or top 5 finish. It would honestly be awesome if Perez hit a purple patch and won us all over.

As it stands he’ll probably be the rotation option at best as a 10 in either the 4231 or 3412 systems that I expect to see use next season. 

It's also worth bearing in mind that Nacho has just displayed a good but of form for half a season. There's no guarantee that he'll carry that on to next season.

• Like 1

On 05/06/2021 at 21:44, Ginger_Filbert said:

Not a believer in putting our own players down but in this case I’m joining the club. 

He’s absolutely pony. 

Yes I don't like running our own players down but he's not up to the job and the fact it was his Covid party which destabilised the team when he's been peripheral carp for us makes it worse. 

Ideally Offload 

1 hour ago, foxinsocks said:

I see a player in need of gym work

Fair dues..

After his injury history, we seen him being in & outof the Team due to reoccuring issues he will need to have  rebuild program...

He mentions in March, the Euros could be a target, but might be just too early, so he was somewhat prepared..

Club fitness/Medical staff including himself, will know what this summer needs...and all our fans should recognise,this young man, might make 

Silly mistakes, but accepts & sees what is daily/Weekly duties "football"  targets are & will be...

Before his major reoccurences, his lythe body,Balance and strength was Perfect & Good enough to Show Top form...

Its Not all about Power-pumping gym session, Football has been,and is Full of some quality 'slighterr' models....

Once fit, then we can judge if a few more extra strength building hours are needed..

Leicester fans have seen in the last 30years  4-5 Quality potential Star quality players careers Finish in the medical-room...

I Hope Maddisons-career doesn't follow a similar route...

While their careers are being played out, Nobody sees through to that bigger-picture..

Its just a sportsman lot..!!...( I know , I lived(suffered) through it..)..

18 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Fair dues..

After his injury history, we seen him being in & outof the Team due to reoccuring issues he will need to have  rebuild program...

He mentions in March, the Euros could be a target, but might be just too early, so he was somewhat prepared..

Club fitness/Medical staff including himself, will know what this summer needs...and all our fans should recognise,this young man, might make 

Silly mistakes, but accepts & sees what is daily/Weekly duties "football"  targets are & will be...

Before his major reoccurences, his lythe body,Balance and strength was Perfect & Good enough to Show Top form...

Its Not all about Power-pumping gym session, Football has been,and is Full of some quality 'slighterr' models....

Once fit, then we can judge if a few more extra strength building hours are needed..

Leicester fans have seen in the last 30years  4-5 Quality potential Star quality players careers Finish in the medical-room...

I Hope Maddisons-career doesn't follow a similar route...

While their careers are being played out, Nobody sees through to that bigger-picture..

Its just a sportsman lot..!!...( I know , I lived(suffered) through it..)..

Agree.   I do think he can get over this and with the right help become a great player....I think he need a mentor

Ideally he moves into an early stages cup playing role for us next year or gets moved on, we cant move to the next level with players like him getting 1000+ minutes in the league and i wouldnt really trust him in important games in the europa league/fa cup either.

18 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Ideally he moves into an early stages cup playing role for us next year or gets moved on, we cant move to the next level with players like him getting 1000+ minutes in the league and i wouldnt really trust him in important games in the europa league/fa cup either.

He would fetch about 10 million , a low price to get rid but any potential buyer would have to match his salary or he will go nowhere. It looks like another write off to me . This  is Rodgers greatest mistake and Ayoze should never have come here. He needs a powerhouse striker, like Rondon, to work with.

• 1 month later...

Time to vent..😁

I and many others get heavily criticised for slating Perez ..a lot!!

But, honestly, how on earth can anyone defend the guy anymore?. 

Seemingly because he's one of our players we shouldn't keep posting that he's dogshit??..Why?..

So we need to support him and encourage , right?.. despite 9 out of 10 performances he shows that he's a liability?

Scapegoat I hear too?

No!.. he's not a scapegoat he's receiving criticism because he keeps letting the team down.. can't make a simple pass, can't cross the ball, is weak and loses possession continuously throughout a game.

He's had so many chances to prove he's good enough, clearly he's not!

The straw that broke the camels back for me was the sitter of a chance he missed against Chelsea.. Champions League football gone right there!!

• Like 1

Just now, weller54 said:

Time to vent..😁

Seemingly because he's one of our players we shouldn't keep posting that he's dogshit??..Why?..

So we need to support him and encourage , right?.. despite 9 out of 10 performances he shows that he's a liability?

Scapegoat I hear too?

No!.. he's not a scapegoat he's receiving criticism because he keeps letting the team down.. can't make a simple pass, can't cross the ball, is weak and loses possession continuously throughout a game.

The straw that broke the camels back for me was the sitter of a chance he missed against Chelsea.. Champions League football gone right there!!

Better than Vardy today. :ph34r:

4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Better than Vardy today. :ph34r:

In what way was Perez better then Vardy today ? I was at the game and most people around me were slagging Perez off. Vardy wasn’t great today but still put more into the game then him. If you mean giving silly fouls away and falling over then yes Perez. He’s so bad it’s unreal. 

1 minute ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

In what way was Perez better then Vardy today ? I was at the game and most people around me were slagging Perez off. Vardy wasn’t great today but still put more into the game then him. If you mean giving silly fouls away and falling over then yes Perez. He’s so bad it’s unreal. 

He wasn’t better than Vardy but they were both useless. The difference is people only ever criticise Perez for bad performances as he’s the current scapegoat. Also worth noting it was Perez’s first minutes of preseason where it was vardys 3rd game! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Wasn’t a sitter against Chelsea, Tielemans or Vardy miss that chance and no one bats an eye lid. He should have hit the target but was just one do many moments that cost us champions league. 

Wasn't a sitter???..

Ok, whatever you say.

Personally, I would expect a £30m footballer to, at the very least, hit the target with that chance.

Perhaps I'm expecting too much from the lad?😂

Wasn't a sitter???..

Ok, whatever you say.

Personally, I would expect a £30m footballer to, at the very least, hit the target with that chance.

Thank you

Perfect example of your scapegoating- not one word about Vardy or Tielemans.

Good job. :appl:

• Like 2

Wasn't a sitter???..

Ok, whatever you say.

It was a pretty difficult chance from what I recall. It was harder to score than miss certainly. Also everyone seems to forget about his interception in the FA cup final that directly lead to the goal. Without Perez there’s a strong possibility we’d still be waiting for our first FA cup.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Time to vent..😁

Scapegoat I hear too?

...one noticeable thing is that he does not take any responsibility with the ball!!!

It is as if it is a hot potato, and he passes any need for its management and it becomes someone else problem. Even when he was linking up with Ricardo previously he was feeding him relentlessly with Ricardo driving up and down the wing and it just did not seem to cross Perez's mind to hold on to the ball at times, just to give Ricardo a chance to catch his breath.

Rodgers has given him a role to play, and must feel he is doing it adequately, for him to continue to be employed in the role that he plays.

16 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

He wasn’t better than Vardy but they were both useless. The difference is people only ever criticise Perez for bad performances as he’s the current scapegoat. Also worth noting it was Perez’s first minutes of preseason where it was vardys 3rd game! 

Perez had how many games last season ? Seriously, why do people make excuses for him ? I wish this foxestalk was around when ade akinbiyi was playing … 

17 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Because tbf his performances are normally bad. He played a lot of minutes last season and was useless. Again I’m sorry you can be a Leicester fan and also be a realist. He’s not very good and 1 game 5 games or 38 games aren’t going to change that.

Just now, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

Perez had how many games last season ? Seriously, why do people make excuses for him ? I wish this foxestalk was around when ade akinbiyi was playing … 

Think it’s the lack of a level playing field to be honest, as no-one praises his good things (yes there are some) only his bad

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

It was a pretty difficult chance from what I recall. It was harder to score than miss certainly. Also everyone seems to forget about his interception in the FA cup final that directly lead to the goal. Without Perez there’s a strong possibility we’d still be waiting for our first FA cup.

Was a sitter I remember. What because he blocked the ball with his arm, he single handle won us the fa cup ? Seriously what do you watch ? Like I’m being serious, are you watching the same Leicester game as me ? If this board was around in the Peter Taylor era you’d be on defending junior Lewis. 

• Like 1