Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

He's not good enough, simple. Works hard but ultimately is purely ineffective. His goals and stats are poor. 

He's got a bit of a rep for missing big chances too. Remember near the end of a home game not long ago he had a easier chance and skied it...might have been the Man U cup game or Liverpool at home? 

Had a chance to get all the glory and all supporters behind him but didn't take it again. It's a chance any top division player should score. 

9 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Could have been a hero on Tuesday, abit of composure and this threads dynamic would have been totally different, or I say the firm's dynamic.  The game is about fine margins and Ayoze is not on the right side of those margins for me.  I don't think he is good enough.

This.  We are a top six club.  He is not a top 6 player... yet injuries meant we have had to rely on him.

We need depth... and it has to be quality. 

38 minutes ago, markko said:

Ask yourself this. If that chance had fallen to Vary or Ieanacho what would the outcome have been? How he missed is beyond me. 

I've just asked myself..

The answer was..

I've never heard of either of them 😂

• Haha 4

16 hours ago, Neutral said:

I was a big fan of Ayoze at Newcastle, especially under Benitez. A technically strong player who was a fighter/ a worker and would chip in with goals at a pretty high rate. I think he may just have been perfect for that Newcastle side under Rafa and a misfit at Leicester. There he was a in an extremely organized side that played in a deep block and was at his best when he was collecting the scraps from a targetman in Rondon who would win in the air as much if not more than any player in the division, nothing like Vardy or Kelechi. Lots of instinctual finishes in the box and harrying the opposition to try and win possession.

Leicester try to play slick football and break down teams; not sure it suits him. He rarely successful beating someone 1 v. 1 with dribbling or pace, or successfully shooting from outside the box, and despite being skillful, has not showed himself someone who'll deliver the deadly pass that puts someone in. He is just a nice Premier squad player that was made to look a bit above his level in a side that played to his strengths, with a different type of manager than what Leicester have. Your team would do better with someone more dynamic.

In short, perez might be decent playing in a front 2 with Chris Wood. I agree.

Edited by splinterdream

51 minutes ago, markko said:

Ask yourself this. If that chance had fallen to Vary or Ieanacho what would the outcome have been? How he missed is beyond me. 

Pre 2021 Vardy then sure, but thats some significant assumption. Vardy finishing has been toilet of late  

• Like 4

In certain games he’s better suited to playing at #10 than Maddison, he is better off the ball than all of our attackers, bar Vardy. 

but I’d hope that he is becoming more of a squad player after this window. I think if Under had made an impact we’d be looking to play Barnes Under and a striker in a 3, that was likely the plan. 

Where's that poll again asking who you'd prefer playing Perez or Maddison? Perez was actually winning that poll lol As shockingly average as Maddison has been, he at least has shown he can contribute in goals and assists. There's no contest between the two. Maddison is vastly superior.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Rigga said:

Perez/ Maddison have no pace/drive between them.

Madison's G+A contributions is so far ahead of Perez. Maddison is going through bad form but he has shown he can operate at a high level. Perez has never shown that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RowlattsFox said:

He missed a good chance, in a big moment but others have missed plenty too. Vardy in particular. 

He isn't good enough but don't think fair to single out one missed chance.

That's a reasonable take if that shot wasnt preceded by an absolutely toilet performance. 

I just checked and, indeed, Perez was signed a few months after BR took over - it seems a lot, lot longer.

Unless 'Bert' is late for an April Fool's joke and Perez has, as part of his contract, the agreement that he plays a minimum number of games, then BR has excluded himself from one of the most necessary powers that he has as manager.

There were several comments on this but it appears that posters have inched slightly away from the elephant and continued the argument about his degree of impotence on the field. Wasted words if what 'Bert' stated is kosher. That's because he can hold the club to ransom.

And he can make BR look very compromised too. Imagine having to answer the question, "why do you keep playing Perez, when it's obvious to a significant number of savvy fans that he's not adding anything to the performance of the team?". The answer comes that he's valuable in the work he does.....and so on.

He cannot say that he signed him on the basis that he (BR) basically (for x number of games anyway) has taken him out of any selection based on performance, strategy, tactics and any other factor.

I'm sure, if the other players are aware of it (and they are - if it's true) then the atmosphere it creates is going to be negative - whatever aspect is viewed.

I just don't understand how any manager would hog-tie himself like that - or was it the recruitment team?

If there were any truth in the rumours about his contract (which I'm sure is BS) then what are the consequences of not meeting the criteria? Surely they can't be worse than having perpetually out of form player in your starting 11 a set number of times per season.

Edited by Vestan Pance
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Vestan Pance said:

If there were any truth in the rumours about his contract (which I'm sure is BS) then what are the consequences of not meeting the criteria? Surely they can't be worse than having perpetually out of form player in your starting 11 a set number of times per season.

So why would 'Bert' have stated it?

wow if there is 1 player that needs a proper sit down with the coaching staff its Perez. I mean what would you say to him?

He should be doing so much more with the opportunities he's had and the prime position he's in for the team. If he sorts it out this Sunday it begs the question where has the motivation been all season long? If he still struggles than time is up for him. We cannot carry passengers when so much is at stake. All for oe and one for all!  

5 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

wow if there is 1 player that needs a proper sit down with the coaching staff its Perez. I mean what would you say to him?

He should be doing so much more with the opportunities he's had and the prime position he's in for the team. If he sorts it out this Sunday it begs the question where has the motivation been all season long? If he still struggles than time is up for him. We cannot carry passengers when so much is at stake. All for oe and one for all!  

5 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

Championship quality , that’s his level

• Like 1