Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

I noticed all threads seem to be donated by Perez.  Hopefully by posting here, the thread will be nearer the top and other matters can be discussed.

I don't like the scapegoating of players but obviously a forum is about expressing opinions.

Imo Perez is not good enough for Leicester.  His numbers as an attacker are pitiful.   Had he achieved what we should expect of a player in a team that has the quality we have, we would surely have gained a few more points.

On the Soulmate thread, there is a highlight s reel of Perez.  Very misleading.   In matches he is lightweight and error prone.

I hope we move him on and he finds a club that suits his level more.

• Like 1

If we keep on doing the same thing we will get the same results - we need an upgrade on perez.  It is not his fault - but he can't change games like a key player on at a top six club must.

Masddison has also fallen back - but I believe that with the right mentoring (his life choices and distractions, his focus, his attitudes, his fitness, his strength, his decision making) and personal training he can come back.

We can't carry both of these projects.

17 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

If we keep on doing the same thing we will get the same results - we need an upgrade on perez.  It is not his fault - but he can't change games like a key player on at a top six club must.

Masddison has also fallen back - but I believe that with the right mentoring (his life choices and distractions, his focus, his attitudes, his fitness, his strength, his decision making) and personal training he can come back.

It’s a good point.... and Maddison doesn’t need to up those areas of his life when he sees Perez getting picked without ever influencing a game.

It can’t be good for any player to be too “comfortable”

31 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

It is inevitable that young players will get to certain point and have a drop off in form at a certain period in their career.  It is how Maddison handles this, and if he can come back stronger and hungrier,  Pep was saying this will happen to Foden some point in his development.

Edited by Le Renard

To be honest I never heard of him until he scored a hat-trick against against Southampton for Newcastle in April 19 and then when we paid 30m for him 3 later in July. What strange was no one from any club or any forum were talking him as a player they wanted but we forked up 30m, something dodgy in that transfer somewhere!

Why the sudden hate for pèrez? 

He's always been Sh1t, best used as a last resort sub.

Yes he does something useful every once in a while but the fact is he isn't good enough for the level we aspire to be.

Make the right signings this summer and he will feature less but we aren't flushing this turd any time soon.

On 29/05/2021 at 12:45, foxinsocks said:

The only problem with Maddison, is his  injury, he cant Shake off....The rest is..."lets have a Juicy conspiracy" & nonsense stories picked up by

Fans, who must find some other story & reason.. to carry on having digs at a young modern guy, trying to enjoy his social side of life...a

Trying to taking pressure away from the reoccurring  injury....

I dont see an attitude problem, or distraction...Just football-forum- BS..

hes a good player, but he clearly doesnt look up to it here. whether that be mental or psychological idk. doesnt help the manager has blind faith in him. id get rid tbh. bring in a younger cam like harit or amallah or pereira as a backup to maddison. doubt we will though

The most irritating thing about him this year really isn't own fault. The preference for him over Praet has been baffling. 

He's been ineffective and might well have not been such a damp squib if he'd have spent a bit longer out of the team. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, foxile5 said:

The most irritating thing about him this year really isn't own fault. The preference for him over Praet has been baffling. 

Or anyone really. Even when Leshabela played for about 15 mins (?) I saw more potential in him than I saw in Perez all season. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, foxile5 said:

He's been ineffective and might well have not been such a damp squib if he'd have spent a bit longer out of the team. 

Isn't his own fault? He finally got picked for a large chunk of games in the position he says is his strongest and he smelt like the alamo. Get him gone

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Isn't his own fault? He finally got picked for a large chunk of games in the position he says is his strongest and he smelt like the alamo. Get him gone

He's always going to play the game. He needed to be dropped to give him some perspective.

Agree entirely he stank. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

To be honest I never heard of him until he scored a hat-trick against against Southampton for Newcastle in April 19 and then when we paid 30m for him 3 later in July. What strange was no one from any club or any forum were talking him as a player they wanted but we forked up 30m, something dodgy in that transfer somewhere!

Not really. His release clause was 30m.

Worth remembering, Perez being sold from under his nose was the final straw for Benitez who quit a couple of weeks later. The Geordies raved about him then like they do Saint Maximin now. Just one of those players who works hard, puts his foot in but it just doesn't work out for them here. Probably put him in the same bracket as Inler, Kramaric and Silva - wrong place, wrong time.

• Like 1