Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

Guest An Sionnach
23 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Coutinho is better

Yes he is , but we haven't seen the best of Perez yet.

30 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Yes he is , but we haven't seen the best of Perez yet.

I agree. He’s being played out of position in a team devoid of much confidence at the moment. Pérez isn’t the cause of this, but he’s being affected 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Guest An Sionnach

Is it confidence or confusion , I see Rodgers scribbling on his notepad about what? From where he is standing he can barely see anything anyway. The defenders know what they have  to do and get on with it , although Kasper should cut out too much playing out . However the attackers often seem stuck for ideas . Are they being blinded with brain numbing tactical bullshit or what ? You tell me.

3 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Is it confidence or confusion , I see Rodgers scribbling on his notepad about what? From where he is standing he can barely see anything anyway. The defenders know what they have  to do and get on with it , although Kasper should cut out too much playing out . However the attackers often seem stuck for ideas . Are they being blinded with brain numbing tactical bullshit or what ? You tell me.

Precisely my thoughts too. They say it's a simple game made complex. We've got some talented young players who have the appearance of being blinded by bullshit at times. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Perez and Brendan's teams are said to get better in the second half of the season.

Typical of Leicester for this to not be the case this time round.

.. just looking at the run in last season and we were no better!! 

Strange that Rodgers has not learned anything from last season and as @henrick62 has stated, it is not something he is good at!!! 

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

Perez will be a much more useful player next season when we bring a real winger or two in, in the summer then let him play a bit more centrally with all the games and rotation we’ll have.

Anyone writing him off is silly, I don’t envy the next winger we bring in cuz if they get half the crap that Perez has got for posting the best G/A stats since Mahrez left of a wide player then fvck me - some of our fans think world class wingers grow on trees just cuz we got lucky with 1! Everyone should just take Perez for what he is and stop using him as a whippin boy just cuz he ain’t Mahrez.

Obviously not mahrez. He's not even Steve Thompson. 

Guest An Sionnach
6 minutes ago, Westlife said:

Or Lee Philpott

Mahrez only has nine more premiership goals than him.

Guest An Sionnach
21 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Perez is just ok, not great not terrible. We overpaid but he can be very useful in certain situations, which is not often because of our formation and personnel available

I keep saying this , with the right striking partner he will be very effective , at the moment he is best with Kelechi and less so with Harvey and Jamie . He will never be effective wide so at the moment I would use him only when Kelechi is on the pitch.

On 10/03/2020 at 08:27, An Sionnach said:

I keep saying this , with the right striking partner he will be very effective , at the moment he is best with Kelechi and less so with Harvey and Jamie . He will never be effective wide so at the moment I would use him only when Kelechi is on the pitch.

So we’ve overpaid and he can only operate with certain play mates added to the fact he can only play a specific roles. He can’t retain possession, and cant play on the wing.

Summary: Shit signing.

• Like 2

Guest An Sionnach
3 hours ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

So we’ve overpaid and he can only operate with certain play mates added to the fact he can only play a specific roles. He can’t retain possession, and cant play on the wing.

Summary: Shit signing.

I agree he is limited to a specific role but Rodgers should have known that when he bought him and has since made the mistake in trying to play him in areas where he was bound to be ineffective. Good ol' Bren is supposed to know about these things isn't he?

24 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I agree he is limited to a specific role but Rodgers should have known that when he bought him and has since made the mistake in trying to play him in areas where he was bound to be ineffective. Good ol' Bren is supposed to know about these things isn't he?

Perez was the £30 - £50m wide man that Rodgers was talking about prior to his signing.  He also played wide right for Newcastle and scored most of his goals there. 

If I had a pound for every time I've had to say that I could afford an 18 pack of loo roll.

• Like 1

Guest An Sionnach
22 minutes ago, murphy said:

Perez was the £30 - £50m wide man that Rodgers was talking about prior to his signing.  He also played wide right for Newcastle and scored most of his goals there. 

If I had a pound for every time I've had to say that I could afford an 18 pack of loo roll.

Thing is every time he plays wide right he looks as though he's never played there in his career so what's happened?

Not convinced about Perez technically he’s very good but he just need too much time on the ball and always gets caught. A also think a central role would be better anyway behind Vardy but then you have the problem with Maddison there playing him out on the right isn’t working though.

6 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

Have to give him a season to adjust, has been a good signing but it’s just a shame he cost £30m otherwise I’m not sure people would be so harsh.

How many seasons in the Premiership does he need? He's not just flown over from Senegal!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, murphy said:

If you can find a pack of loo roll ANYWHERE pls pm me. Like seriously, I will end up on the tea towels at this rate.

5 hours ago, TheLittleBigMan said:

If you can find a pack of loo roll ANYWHERE pls pm me. Like seriously, I will end up on the tea towels at this rate.

Yes, it's not affording it but finding it that is the problem.

I think we're going to have to come up with some creative solutions.

Have you got a cat?