Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

3 minutes ago, filbertway said:

The disappointing thing is that a bit of scouting from us would have known this already. I only watched Newcastle a bit more because a mate supports them and could tell he'd be a massive disappointment at that price. He's a slight improvement on Okazaki and I wouldn't mind him as an option from the bench compared to Gray or Albrighton.

I can't even blame him, it's not his fault we overpaid for him and are now starting him because there's no better options. Would be very interested to know if it was a Rodgers idea as I can't believe that the usual team would have pinpointed him and gone "£30 million for Perez, let's get him!"

I'll blame Congerton, not due to any inside info, evidence or logic, simply because I hate him anyway lol

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

I'll blame Congerton, not due to any inside info, evidence or logic, simply because I hate him anyway lol

I'm already looking forward to blaming him for ruining the good work we've been doing since the awful transfer window of 2016. Astounded he's got the gig here with his track record.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

I mentioned it before but Perez only turns up when the opposition doesn't. So lets look at that, 7 goals 4 assists. 3 of those goals came against Southampton and 2 at home against West Ham. He also got two assists in the away game at West Ham. That leaves us with 2 goals 2 assists over the other 25 games. If I wanted to go further I could mention a goal and a assist coming in the away game against Newcastle who were injury hit, and maybe he was more up for that one in particular. Leaving us with 1 goal 1 assist over the other 24 games.

You may be right but if we’re going to slate him we should at least be factual. He’s started 21 games this season not 27 so by your logic of discounting goals and assists that you personally don’t think count it’s 1 goal and 1 assist in 18 games. As I said, your opinion is of course valid but I’m a pedant when it comes to things like facts. X 

On 29/02/2020 at 15:31, foxinsocks said:

Perez needs 6mths gym work so he sorts out his upper body strength so he isn't shoved off the ball.  Then he will he a good player 

It's not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog.

Is he any smaller than Vardy?  He needs to find some aggression.

• Like 1

If he stopped going down so often or running into blind alleys with the ball he'd be a pretty good player. Just so many attacks or chances wasted because he's shrugged off the ball so easily or he just runs into 2-3 players and gets dispossessed.

• Like 1

We needed a pacy, tricky winger and the recruitment team picked Perez for that role, and the club paid 30M. All of this is not Perez's fault, he's being shoehorned into the team. The fact is he's never going to be a game changer from the wing, like say Sarr or Troare. He may be better through the middle but I doubt Rodgers will give him an extended run there. 

13 minutes ago, sm1 said:

We needed a pacy, tricky winger and the recruitment team picked Perez for that role, and the club paid 30M. All of this is not Perez's fault, he's being shoehorned into the team. The fact is he's never going to be a game changer from the wing, like say Sarr or Troare. He may be better through the middle but I doubt Rodgers will give him an extended run there. 

From reports, it was not our recruitment team that sought him out or had been evaluating his talent over a period of time, this purchase was supposedly soley down to Rodgers. Let's hope it's his last, we were doing fine in more recent times without his very dubious expertise in the transfer market. He and Congerton have the ability between them to cripple the club financially with batch of poor transfers on long expensive contracts. There are some managers you'd willingly want to advise you in the transfer market  ... he's not one of them for me and I fail for the life of me what Congerton's role in this is given his cv. 

• Like 4

Guest An Sionnach

Ayoze is not dissimilar to Coutinho , skillful but lightweight . Bayern protect the little fellow with powerful teammates which Barcelona didn't , allowing him to do what he does best. Unfortunately we can't do that for Perez.

Edited by An Sionnach

On 02/03/2020 at 10:52, lcfcsnow said:

I mentioned it before but Perez only turns up when the opposition doesn't. So lets look at that, 7 goals 4 assists. 3 of those goals came against Southampton and 2 at home against West Ham. He also got two assists in the away game at West Ham. That leaves us with 2 goals 2 assists over the other 25 games. If I wanted to go further I could mention a goal and a assist coming in the away game against Newcastle who were injury hit, and maybe he was more up for that one in particular. Leaving us with 1 goal 1 assist over the other 24 games.

Think the bluntest way you can dig at his goals tally is the simple fact that if you took his goals out we'd have the same number of points.

The thing with him in fairness though is I'm convinced he's just not in the right role.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Ayoze is not dissimilar to Coutinho , skillful but lightweight . Bayern protect the little fellow with powerful teammates which Barcelona didn't , allowing him to do what he does best. Unfortunately we can't do that for Perez.

Haha brilliant. That's made my day :D

21 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Good post 

spot on... that’s exactly what they do

I think for weds I’d like to see Perez more central. Maybe playing the madders role. That’s where he was most problematic against the toons oppositions. Madders needs a break and a break in the limelight. He has clearly had us head turned as has chilleell. I have no evidence but out form coincides with them being linked away to United, Utd and Man City. That would turn any 22 year old boy imagination. 

I know the man is a god amongst mortal man perhaps even a colossus. But any worried about the lack of form for the three legged Turk? 

23 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Funniest shit I ever read

• Thanks 1

Perez has been what we all thought he'd be when he arrived. He's been an upgrade on both Okazaki and the starting wingers (Albrighton & Gray) last season in terms of goals and assists output and he's a relatively tidy player who definitely improves our squad from last season. That being said he hasn't and wasn't ever really going to impact the side in the same way that the signing of 'our ideal wide man' would have. We wanted an elite level player who could punch Mahrez numbers across the season and be a real match-winner for us, which just wasn't really going to happen. I expect he will become more of rotation option to impact games off the bench should we make a statement signing out wide in the summer. 

• Like 2

Guest An Sionnach
44 minutes ago, somebum said:

Funniest shit I ever read

Well little Phil's career was heading down the toilet until Liverpool rescued him , Why? too small. How good is Perez ? How can we tell until the poor sod gets a run in his proper position.

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

Well little Phil's career was heading down the toilet until Liverpool rescued him , Why? too small. How good is Perez ? How can we tell until the poor sod gets a run in his proper position.

Too small? Some of the greatest players of all time have been small. Barcas midfield, iniesta, xavi.. Messi.. Not protected by big players. Maradona... Jesus terrible argument! 

Edited by somebum
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

What is his proper position? His 'one season wonder' success came when he  played on the right at Newcastle as he tries to do now. If you mean play him in a number 10 ish role behind Vardy Vardy we've got better candidates in Iheanacho, Maddison, Tielemans and arguably even Barnes. He has admittedly, when played there, looked more comfortable than when stuck out on the right, but he was hardly a revelation even then and certainly not deserving of ousting the aforementioned names. He still looked weak and got shoved off the ball. All this comparing him to Coutinho who is about 5'7" is making excuses because Perez is around 5'11" he's hardly a midget is he, just lacks core strength, something he should be able to do something about without becoming muscle bound. When Ricardo first joined us and was adapting to the pace and physicality of our game,  he too sometimes got knocked off the ball too easily,  he rarely does now does he. Ricardo is a  far improved player than when he came here and has clearly put the effort in. Perez has been in the Premiership for several years and has had one half decent season ever.

Guest An Sionnach
19 minutes ago, somebum said:

Too small? Some of the greatest players of all time have been small. Barcas midfield, iniesta, xavi.. Messi.. Not protected by big players. Maradona... Jesus terrible argument! 

Short is not small, Phil is built like a 15 y o schoolboy. Iniesta is lightly built but he is a genius , Phil is very good but no genius. Messi and Maradona are very strong , Ayoze is not so others need to provide the muscle.

Guest An Sionnach
2 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

What is his proper position? His 'one season wonder' success came when he  played on the right at Newcastle as he tries to do now. If you mean play him in a number 10 ish role behind Vardy Vardy we've got better candidates in Iheanacho, Maddison, Tielemans and arguably even Barnes. He has admittedly, when played there, looked more comfortable than when stuck out on the right, but he was hardly a revelation even then and certainly not deserving of ousting the aforementioned names. He still looked weak and got shoved off the ball. All this comparing him to Coutinho who is about 5'7" is making excuses because Perez is around 5'11" he's hardly a midget is he, just lacks core strength, something he should be able to do something about without becoming muscle bound. When Ricardo first joined us and was adapting to the pace and physicality of our game,  he too sometimes got knocked off the ball too easily,  he rarely does now does he. Ricardo is a  far improved player than when he came here and has clearly put the effort in. Perez has been in the Premiership for several years and has had one half decent season ever.

I take your point, but he obviously knows his own lack of physicality , so do the club . They must have thought they could help him with that but there has been no sign so far. If he was 18 he would naturally become stronger but he is a mature player . So it begs the question what did Rodgers expect from him when he bought him.

Needs to play centrally. Quite disappointed we've not really seen him either behind, or next to, the forward. Rodgers' persistence with 1 up front is really annoying.

38 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I take your point, but he obviously knows his own lack of physicality , so do the club . They must have thought they could help him with that but there has been no sign so far. If he was 18 he would naturally become stronger but he is a mature player . So it begs the question what did Rodgers expect from him when he bought him.

It's a strange one isn't it, they must see it the same as we do. I understand that they wouldn't want pkayers bulking up too much but surely some MMA style core strength training could perhaps help? It's a shame because he undoubtedly has some very good technical attributes. 

On 02/03/2020 at 15:09, An Sionnach said:

What the **** lol 

• Haha 1