Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

16 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Short is not small, Phil is built like a 15 y o schoolboy. Iniesta is lightly built but he is a genius , Phil is very good but no genius. Messi and Maradona are very strong , Ayoze is not so others need to provide the muscle.

Your can't do anything about talent like some of the names you mention, but you can do something about your own strength and Perez is certainly not small anyway compared to the names you mention. Some of those are very special talents. Some people on here are knocking Coutinho but his record suggests that he's a very good player and streets ahead of a poor player like Perez. I could see an argument for giving a player like Messi a minder but Perez wouldn't be worth the effort 🤣🤣🤣

I think the idea is a myth in anything case, how would they physically do that, instruct two players to stand either side of him at all times like nightclub doormen? I can just visualise Klopp doing his final team talk now, 'right chaps get out there and press them, release Mo with a through ball if possible, but, whatever you do, stick close to Phil! I don't want him getting pushed over again, he got his leg bruised last week and it's me that has to face his mum!'

Edited by volpeazzurro

3 hours ago, Lako42 said:

He's got more movement off the ball than the rest of this team combined. 

He needs to play centrally, he'd be a perfect foil for my sweet African prince. 

Yep. If Vards isn't playing, let him tuck in behind Nacho. If he turns out shite in that position, then we probably have been mugged.

• Haha 2

Guest An Sionnach

I think we should stick with him, its not his fault that Rodgers uses him badly . He has a good brain and good feet , play him just behind a strong striker and he will score goals.

On 02/03/2020 at 12:59, murphy said:

It's not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog.

Is he any smaller than Vardy?  He needs to find some aggression.

Listening to Matt piper he was saying how barnes us working on his upper body strength so he can deal with defenders... how this is showing up in his performances.... w

Why is perez doing similar ?

1 hour ago, foxinsocks said:

Listening to Matt piper he was saying how barnes us working on his upper body strength so he can deal with defenders... how this is showing up in his performances.... w

Why is perez doing similar ?

Barnes’ improvement isn’t going to be instant is it? 

Why is An Sionnach getting pelters for his post about Perez?

He’s quite correct. 
Perez is a skilful little player but physically very lightweight. Very similar in this respect to Coutinho.

When we insist on playing Tielemans, Maddison and Perez in the same side we have a very physically weedy midfield. This is why Ndidi has been so sorely missed. He’s the only one with a physical presence. 
It’s no coincidence that the opposition have studied this and have learnt to swamp the midfield when playing against us. I’ve said for a long time (especially about Tielemans) that these players look smashing when they have time on the ball to be creative, but look a shadow of this when put under lots of pressure. 
Physically our midfield is too lightweight. But we know that Rodgers loves this type of player... hence his interest in Lallana.

We DO need to protect our tricky little creative players with more muscle...

Personally I don’t think we need a Lallana type player, we need someone bigger and stronger. 

• Like 3

Guest An Sionnach

Rondon has the strength of a bull and this definitely gave Perez more room . If we sign a couple of powerful forwards Perez will come into his own . He finds space and reads the game well he has a good football brain.

49 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

He’s quite correct. 
Perez is a skilful little player but physically very lightweight. Very similar in this respect to Coutinho.

When we insist on playing Tielemans, Maddison and Perez in the same side we have a very physically weedy midfield. This is why Ndidi has been so sorely missed. He’s the only one with a physical presence. 
It’s no coincidence that the opposition have studied this and have learnt to swamp the midfield when playing against us. I’ve said for a long time (especially about Tielemans) that these players look smashing when they have time on the ball to be creative, but look a shadow of this when put under lots of pressure. 
Physically our midfield is too lightweight. But we know that Rodgers loves this type of player... hence his interest in Lallana.

Personally I don’t think we need a Lallana type player, we need someone bigger and stronger. 

Bring back Ally Mauchlen!

51 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

He’s quite correct. 

Cattermole?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

10 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Cattermole?

:thumbup:

Akinfenwa gets sent off at Oxford Utd

4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

...because he’s...

Your turn again

He's clearly got masses of talent, no doubt about it. He just lacks strength and speed and falls over too quickly. I watch the refs reaction every game and it's like they've been briefed on him before kickoff.

36 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Rondon has the strength of a bull and this definitely gave Perez more room . If we sign a couple of powerful forwards Perez will come into his own . He finds space and reads the game well he has a good football brain.

We can’t sign a couple of strong forwards on the premise that it’ll bring the best out of Ayoze Pérez. Well, not unless we want to follow Newcastle’s model. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

He's clearly got masses of talent, no doubt about it. He just lacks strength and speed and falls over too quickly. I watch the refs reaction every game and it's like they've been briefed on him before kickoff.

Yes and no I think. He is clear technically skilled, can link play when others are moving at pace, such as Ricardo.
It makes me think that what are seeing with this team is evidence that it’s a project.

The early season success largely down to exuberance, high levels of fitness and being on a roll.

I know I will be shouted down as zealot/idiot/fanboy/<insert slur>, but not really fussed about that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

He’s quite correct. 

For me it's just he's nothing at all like Coutinho. I got the point to an extent but the comparison is wrong. They're just not alike to me.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Yes and no I think. He is clear technically skilled, can link play when others are moving at pace, such as Ricardo.
It makes me think that what are seeing with this team is evidence that it’s a project.

The early season success largely down to exuberance, high levels of fitness and being on a roll.

I know I will be shouted down as zealot/idiot/fanboy/<insert slur>, but not really fussed about that.

Not at all, I agree actually. I would say though that his link up play is too good for someone playing so wide on the pitch. To use his skillset best he needs to play more centrally.

• Like 1

Guest An Sionnach

Kelechi is our biggest forward at 5-11 and if anything he looks lighter now than when he first came. However he and Perez do seem to work well together particularly in the box.

Guest An Sionnach
18 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Comparing this dosser to coutinho lol , bin 

Coutinho: 41 goals in 152 appearances for Liverpool , Perez 42 goals in 179 appearance for Newcastle.