Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Was just thinking about Pérez, most seem certain we need a RW which is where he’s played mostly for us this season... so do we think he’s been a relatively disappointing signing thus far? 11 goal contributions in 25 games isn’t bad but I get the feeling he won’t really improve much on that (hope I’m wrong)

15 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Was just thinking about Pérez, most seem certain we need a RW which is where he’s played mostly for us this season... so do we think he’s been a relatively disappointing signing thus far? 11 goal contributions in 25 games isn’t bad but I get the feeling he won’t really improve much on that (hope I’m wrong)

He’s not playing where he would like to - he wants to be just behind the front player or alongside them 

given that, I think he’s done ok but I would like him to bulk up a bit ....

17 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

He’s already not rapid, we’ve seen the disadvantage of Tielemans bulking up and what effects that’s had on him keeping with the speed of the game.

I think Perez will be well suited to European football next season but we should look to bring in someone with more pace and power to battle him for that position in the league. 

11 goal contributions in 25 appearances on the right wing is an above average return so, as much as some fans will disagree, his signing’s been pretty successful so far, but we need more depth in the wide areas to maintain our level of performance from this season. 

YT has never had pace ........ if you feel he has lost a bit off his first couple yards then I’m open to looking at that .... but I haven’t noticed ...

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

He’s not playing where he would like to - he wants to be just behind the front player or alongside them 

given that, I think he’s done ok but I would like him to bulk up a bit ....

my biggest worry is how often he loses the ball, maybe the bulking would help

Good player, can be frustrating at times but I like him. Can definitely be improved upon out wide but he's versatile and in his prime years. Not far away from hitting double figures in his first season, if he did it'd have to be considered a very good start for him. Links up well with Ricardo too.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, frany104 said:

No excuses for him anymore. He’s shocking. No pace, no trickery, can’t beat a man, he’s weak. The list is endless. £30 million!!! 

He must be a defenders dream.

He wont go by you, inside or outside.

He wont tackle you.

He cant beat you

He will fall over if you breathe on him

He wont score a goal

He wont assist a goal

He wont hurt you.

He wont link well with his team-mates

He doesn't seem to care if he plays badly.

Ayoze Perez

"The Defenders Dream Player"

25 minutes ago, hamptonfox said:

He wont tackle you.

He cant beat you

He wont score a goal

He wont assist a goal

He wont hurt you.

Ayoze Perez

Exactly. Who scouted him and thought... He’s exactly what we need! £30 million! We haven’t half spunked some money on some dross.

I thought he did ok today, and should have stayed on a bit longer. It was almost like the subs were pre planned for fitness issues. 

Never worth £30m though, and he's a classic example of why you have to avoid signing players from fellow premier League teams. 

42 minutes ago, hamptonfox said:

He wont tackle you.

He cant beat you

He wont score a goal

He wont assist a goal

He wont hurt you.

Ayoze Perez

Well it sounds like he’s hurt you pretty bad in the past. Are you okay 

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, hamptonfox said:

He wont tackle you.

He cant beat you

He wont score a goal

He wont assist a goal

He wont hurt you.

Ayoze Perez

Worst poem ever 

Edited by Paddy.

I do feel a bit sorry for Perez, he's like the modern day Paul Gallagher for us. Doesn't have a proper position, too lightweight for a striker, not quick enough as a winger and tries hard but you think he should offer more at times. 

I'd like to see him more central with Vardy and then I'd really judge him before writing him off, although like I say I'm far from convinced

7 minutes ago, Gevans_97 said:

might be an unpopular opinion, but I think that Perez is massively underrated here and really important to the way we play. his pressing stats are really impressive and he works much harder than any of our other wingers bar maybe Albrighton. Easy to focus on the price tag but I think we are a better team when he plays. Saying this we still need a goal scoring winger - but I think it should be Barnes and Perez fighting for the other spot. 

He was bought to score goals and make goals. He wasn’t bought to run a lot. Literally any of us can work hard. He has been awful all season and one of our biggest transfer flops ever behind musa, silva and slimani.