Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

We don’t know how long Vardy is out for again. Maybe we should play him up front with Nacho, we’d definitely see a different Perez then I’m sure. Not sure how that would work in our system though. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Katy said:

We don’t know how long Vardy is out for again. Maybe we should play him up front with Nacho, we’d definitely see a different Perez then I’m sure. Not sure how that would work in our system though. 

At least we'd get to see him get gently brushed off the ball and fall over in another area of the pitch 😁😅

• Haha 1

He’s got more goals and more assists than Maddison despite playing the equivalent of almost 8 fewer matches. He’s not been great but he’s not quite the donkey FT would make him out. X 

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 3

He's a good technical player but needs to tough up, He gets pushed off the all too easily. Which is annoying. We haven;t found out how to get the best from him yet though.

But maybe we could recover our 30  million by selling him back to Newcastle who are struggling for Goals in the Summer.

Then bring in a proper Winger.

• Like 1

I'm still waiting for the Newcastle fans prediction that he plays better in the second half of the season!!  Most people know his best posistion is in the centre as a cam/cf, the Norwich game just showed that forcing him out wide, with the low block makes him a bystander.

1 hour ago, RumbleFox said:

He’s got more goals and more assists than Maddison despite playing the equivalent of almost 8 fewer matches. He’s not been great but he’s not quite the donkey FT would make him out. X 

He needs work... the coaches have to develop his strength and his ability to avoid losing the ball ...and to garner a foul. Then defenders will give him more space 

• Like 2

I think he’s one of those players who’s work largely goes unnoticed. But he’s playing in a position recently occupied by the most skilful player this club has ever seen, it’s always going to be a tough act to follow.

• Like 1

Before giving an opinion, i always give a player 1 season to settle. Then judge them following that. Of course you can generate an opinion i just feel a player needs time to get used to a new city, different people and a different team. Look at vardy and mahrez, both of the were useless in their first season’s at the club. I’m sure perez will come good!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Surprised so many say he’s out of position - he spent the second half of last season playing the right of a front three; Pérez, Rondon and Almiron 

Their style of play was significantly different to ours to be fair.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, KIRBYFOX93 said:

Before giving an opinion, i always give a player 1 season to settle. Then judge them following that. Of course you can generate an opinion i just feel a player needs time to get used to a new city, different people and a different team. Look at vardy and mahrez, both of the were useless in their first season’s at the club. I’m sure perez will come good!

Huge myth. Vardy I'll give you but quite frankly Vardy is such an anomaly in so many ways it's barely worth comparing.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

Not particularly trying to say anyone slating him is wrong and I understand lots of folk are just stating that he is not being utilised properly rather than that he is shite which is probably fair enough but I am bored so have been looking at the numbers.

In terms of goal involvements (goals + assists) our top players are performing thus...

Player           Goals       Assists       Minutes         Goal Involvements per game

Vardy               17             4              2193                 0.86

Maddison         6              3              2313                 0.35

Tielemans         3              5              2140                 0.33

Barnes              4              6             1628                  0.55

Perez                7              4              1595                 0.62

Nacho               3             3                524                 1.03

So in terms of goal involvements per 90 minutes he is third to Vardy and Nacho and first of all the midfielders.  Again, not trying to say "he is better than Maddison" but he is certainly producing numbers as good as (in fact better) than any other midfielder we have in an attacking sense.

Obviously a lot of the criticism here is no how often he loses the ball and having checked he loses it a hell of a lot, more than any other of our players despite those fewer minutes.  Obviously he needs to work on this but as a caveat our second most dispossessed player is Ricardo (who never gets slated for this) and these are also our two players who attempt the most dribbles so it would seem to make sense that they lose the ball more.  As I said, he needs to be smarter and not lose the ball as much but he gets a rough deal on here.  Interesting, despite being called lightweight on a daily basis on here, he makes more successful tackles per match than any of our other attacking players.

Anyhoo, just thought it was interesting, not trying to say anyone's opinions are wrong or anything.  X

Thing is, his numbers are skewed there by the game against Southampton. 3 goals (maybe assists too idk) in a dead game skews your figures slightly. 

Looking like an expensive squd player for me at the moment as he doesn't do enough, consistently in games for me to be someone who can be relied on as a first pick.  I get the theory around his signing, provide back-up for Vardy and a wide player in a two birds with one stone approach but he really doesn't look any good out wide at all.  Hindsight is a wonderful thing but given the lack of quality and depth out wide the money spent on him really should have gone on a proper wide player.

• Like 1

On 01/03/2020 at 10:40, RumbleFox said:

Perez                7              4              1595                 0.62

I mentioned it before but Perez only turns up when the opposition doesn't. So lets look at that, 7 goals 4 assists. 3 of those goals came against Southampton and 2 at home against West Ham. He also got two assists in the away game at West Ham. That leaves us with 2 goals 2 assists over the other 25 games. If I wanted to go further I could mention a goal and a assist coming in the away game against Newcastle who were injury hit, and maybe he was more up for that one in particular. Leaving us with 1 goal 1 assist over the other 24 games.

You try not to write a player off in his first season but he’s in danger of being perceived to be the kind of player that doesn’t have any particular strengths and whilst is seemingly versatile, isn’t good enough to start in any particular position.

He definitely doesn’t seem to be an out and out striker, he isn’t a quick winger with a bag of tricks that can beat a man and he doesn’t seem creative enough to pull the strings centrally. Doesn’t seem to be trusted with set-pieces either. 

Seems like a good squad player with lots of utility and energy who can nick a goal against poor opposition but is he a champions league standard player and was he worth £30m? I hope he comes good but at the moment it’s not looking like he is.

24 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

Looking like an expensive squd player for me at the moment as he doesn't do enough, consistently in games for me to be someone who can be relied on as a first pick.  I get the theory around his signing, provide back-up for Vardy and a wide player in a two birds with one stone approach but he really doesn't look any good out wide at all.  Hindsight is a wonderful thing but given the lack of quality and depth out wide the money spent on him really should have gone on a proper wide player.

The disappointing thing is that a bit of scouting from us would have known this already. I only watched Newcastle a bit more because a mate supports them and could tell he'd be a massive disappointment at that price. He's a slight improvement on Okazaki and I wouldn't mind him as an option from the bench compared to Gray or Albrighton.

I can't even blame him, it's not his fault we overpaid for him and are now starting him because there's no better options. Would be very interested to know if it was a Rodgers idea as I can't believe that the usual team would have pinpointed him and gone "£30 million for Perez, let's get him!"

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1