Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

Lot's of player's played badly today but those players have had lot's of good performances in the past. 

No one can say the same for Perez, does the odd good flick and absolutely nothing else as far as I'm concerned.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

We aren’t going to get a top seven striker to play back up for vardy. We are not Man Utd or Man City. Look at spurs, they struggle to get back up for Kane. Perez and Iheanacho are the best we can realistically expect to play a back up role.

But we can get A striker, and Perez just isn't one!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

We aren’t going to get a top seven striker to play back up for vardy. We are not Man Utd or Man City. Look at spurs, they struggle to get back up for Kane. Perez and Iheanacho are the best we can realistically expect to play a back up role.

Thats just crap though isn't it . Were in the top 4. In Europe and the FA Cup. Vardy is 34. If we buy a forward he will know that if he is good enough he will possibly be starting next season. Your comment would only make sense if vardy was in his 20s.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Perez and iheanacho would be starters for half the premier league. They are more than capable deputies. It’s pretty disgraceful how this fan base treat our squad players.

Not as lone strikers they wouldn't.

Iheanacho doesn't suit our system and Perez should be used as a 10 rather than up front on his own. Not their fault for sure, but they should be held accountable for their performances on the pitch. Quite frankly that was a disgraceful performance from Perez and questions should rightly be asked, he offered nothing for 89 minutes of that match.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I disagree here, massively.

Absolutely no reason we can't get someone like Giroud or someone of that ilk. They'll get plenty of minutes throughout the season, especially as we've got cups and European football.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Dusty said:

5/6 players worse than him today. Doesn’t deserve the abuse at all. 

7 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Poor, not alone but poor. Mates of other teams messaging to say how have we no backup option given our position last 2 seasons. I have no idea. 

IMPOSSIBLE!

Even in an overall poor performance by the team today, Perez's paucity was prominent!

1 minute ago, NaijaFox said:

But we can get A striker, and Perez just isn't one!

I’m not sure. For Newcastle he played that role. We haven’t used him there but he can play that role competently. I think it’s probably a case of being out of practise, a lack of sharpness and probably playing in two games where the whole team have been out of sorts and missing Ndidi (who is a massive miss). I think criticism is fine but not the kind of reactionary stuff on here. It’s unhelpful. If the lad comes on here and reads this (I’m lead to believe some do) then it’s not going to help his confidence or the team.

Poor performances all over the pitch.

tactically crap also.

too many players strolling around when you really need to compete with an energetic Leeds team..

let’s hope it’s a blip as it was a similar time last season that injuries and poor form took hold that we couldn’t even shake after the covid delay to the season...

we don’t have enough in the squad to cope without the likes of Vardy and Wilf... especially when games are going to come thick and fast..

Seems we are not in a position to spend though so it’s a case of suck it up and what will be will be.. I defo think a fresh face though would give us a lift

12 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

We'll have to agree to disagree. I see nothing stopping us getting an exciting young player like Ollie Watkins or Che Adam's, even Callum Wilson (not necessarily now but of that ilk as I was crying out for them when they were brought from the championship to the premiership). Even the likes of Danny Ings if promised regular rotation would I'm sure rather play for us in a title race than Southampton.

Edited by BigGibbo

Just now, NaijaFox said:

IMPOSSIBLE!

Even in an overall poor performance by the team today, Perez's paucity was prominent!

You must have witnessed a different game then. He showed some nice touches at times but hes an expensively bought premier league forward, what do you expect. Outside of that, he consistently made poor choices, was lightweight, offers no threat in the box etc.. 

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I disagree here, massively.

Absolutely no reason we can't get someone like Giroud or someone of that ilk. They'll get plenty of minutes throughout the season, especially as we've got cups and European football.

The question I would ask you is who specifically? 
The giroud types are hard to find. Perez and Iheanacho both had decent records when we signed them and I will add iheanacho gets more than his fair share of goals over a season.

3 minutes ago, adam said:

Thats just crap though isn't it . Were in the top 4. In Europe and the FA Cup. Vardy is 34. If we buy a forward he will know that if he is good enough he will possibly be starting next season. Your comment would only make sense if vardy was in his 20s.

And what a player for an incoming striker to train and work with, it's a dream signing for a striker

1 minute ago, BigGibbo said:

We'll have to agree to disagree. I see nothing stopping us getting an exciting young player like Ollie Watkins or Che Adam's, even Callum Wilson (not now but of that ilk as I was crying out for them when they were brought from the championship to the premiership). Even the likes of Danny Ings if promised regular rotation would I'm sure rather play for us in a title race than Southampton.

All those players mentioned are starters though. Wilson turned down bigger teams in order for guaranteed playing time. I’m not sure you could say for certain ings would move here in a rotation role. It’s a tricky position to recruit for. But anyway I know I’m in the minority here, I feel I’m fighting an impossible battle lol

Too late to replace this window, so we either

• stick with Perez in this role and hope it gains traction
  • play Nacho and hope it better (and it is hope, not a certainty)

Either way, they are treading water until Vardy is back, but please do not rush him back!!

No one player ever loses a match on their own, well maybe the keeper.....

3 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I’m not sure. For Newcastle he played that role. We haven’t used him there but he can play that role competently. I think it’s probably a case of being out of practise, a lack of sharpness and probably playing in two games where the whole team have been out of sorts and missing Ndidi (who is a massive miss). I think criticism is fine but not the kind of reactionary stuff on here. It’s unhelpful. If the lad comes on here and reads this (I’m lead to believe some do) then it’s not going to help his confidence or the team.

He's a forward, and was most effective for Newcastle playing just behind a big striker.

Perez always gets slated. He is not a striker, or a winger and never has been. He is best played behind the lone striker. His effort is always very good. Brendan got it wrong by playing him as a lone striker ( + as a winger last year). Spend 30 million on a player with 0 attributes for where you pick and play him. 

If he plays you need 2 up top. Can not play the same system with Perez or Kelechi leading the line. Bamford was class today. That is how a lone striker plays. 

1 minute ago, peach0000 said:

All those players mentioned are starters though. Wilson turned down bigger teams in order for guaranteed playing time. I’m not sure you could say for certain ings would move here in a rotation role. It’s a tricky position to recruit for. But anyway I know I’m in the minority here, I feel I’m fighting an impossible battle lol

It’s just normal kicker wetting, tantrum throwing after a bad result. We just need to address it, but it will likely have to wait for Summer

• Like 1

Just now, peach0000 said:

I know the odd one of them might be a struggle now but there's always the next one coming up and we always let them pass us by as If we got complacent having Vardy. There are people at our club who's entire job is scouting and recruitment and if they can honestly say they can't find any better backup to Vardy than Perez or Iheanacho then they are failing at life lol. That's all I'll say on the matter 😂

Harsh to blame the result on Perez when there were so many abject performances.

But have to question Brendan why he started after the Everton game. Should have set alarm bells that we needed an out and out striker today. Wasn't his type of game from the start

• Like 1