Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

2 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

Richarlison, Calvert Lewin,  tosun?

Benrahma,  bowen, yarmolenko?  

Any of those players are better than what we have behind vardy. 

Only Calvert-Lewin is a striker out of those players.

None of the others play as an out-and-out striker (Tosun does but he's shite).

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, kristianity77 said:

Richarlison, Calverton Lewin,  tosun?

Benrahma,  bowen, yarmolenko?  

Any of those players are better than what we have behind vardy. 

Tosun whos on loan at palace and scored a total 10 goals in 54 games across 4 and half years? 

I don’t know how Perez can get so much criticism (or how it’s warranted) when he is simply being played out of position. He’s not a true striker yet is being asked to play like one

If we were all being real, the criticism should stop with Rodgers for playing him there and the club for failing to recruit a proper back up for Vardy

Perez is being asked to be the man ‘up top’ and that is just not his natural position. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I don’t know how Perez can get so much criticism (or how it’s warranted) when he is simply being played out of position. He’s not a true striker yet is being asked to play like one

If we were all being real, the criticism should stop with Rodgers for playing him there and the club for failing to recruit a proper back up for Vardy

Perez is being asked to be the man ‘up top’ and that is just not his natural position. 

You were just slating him earlier? Which one is it?

Edited by mod hero
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Tosun whos on loan at palace and scored a total 10 goals in 54 games across 4 and half years? 

Kalechi has what....20 odd goals in his entire 6 year professional career as a striker. 12 of those came at man city in one huge purple patch.  The guy has done nothing. 

End of the day I stand by the fact that our options when Vardy is out are piss poor, like towards the bottom end of the league poor.

Edited by kristianity77

2 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

Kalechi has what....20 odd goals in his entire 6 year professional career as a striker. 12 of those came at man city in one huge purple patch.  The guy has done nothing. 

End of the day I stand by the fact that our options when Vardy is out are piss poor, like towards the bottom end of the league poor.

Nah he's about level with a season less. 

11 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

He gets "so much criticism" for his performance (or more lack thereof), but of course you're free to criticise Brendan as well (I believe there's a dedicated Brendan thread on FT). Perspective might be a mitigation, but the criticism itself for his piss poor performance is certainly "warranted". 

Edited by NaijaFox
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

Think you are rather over egging this particular omelette, Perez was not great, but so was pretty much everyone except maybe Kasper. I do agree he is not a striker, I do agree it’s poor we have no quality backup to cover and rotate with Vardy. However, we are where we are and we can only play what he have currently.

This period may cause us to change priorities over the Summer, who knows :dunno:

The problem we have is that when Vardy is out we dump someone in there who isn't as fast, isn't as good and play the game like the replacement is Vardy, which is never going to work because we don't have anyone like him.  And our other options for the number 9 role in kelechi and perez, are just not up to the task in this league. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

He gets "so much criticism" for what his performance (or more lack thereof), but of course you're free to criticise Brendan as well (I believe there's a dedicated Brendan thread on FT). Perspective might be a mitigation, but the criticism itself for his piss poor performance is certainly "warranted". 

And he’s being played out of position, is the point. 

1 minute ago, Hollyfox said:

Chris Wood, would be a better and more effective player up front for us than Perez

Of course he would.

Chris Wood is an out and out striker, plays up top and is a target man. 
Perez isnt

We all know the club should have signed another striking option. It’s been obvious for a long time that Perez can not replace Vardy (two COMPLETELY different types of player) and Nacho just isn’t good enough 

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

And he’s being played out of position, is the point. 

Again, that perspective is NOT mutually-exclusive with criticism for a poor performance. 

Ndidi recently played out of position in CD, even Ricardo in RM versus Brentford - and neither sucked!

• Like 1

What concerns me most is the way that we are persisting with some that clearly doesn’t work. Why not try Kel again or at least bring him on when Perez is hobbling around doing naff all. 

Yes Nacho is clumsy, but at least he has shown the ability (not as often as we’d like) to impact games and score 

playing Madds and Perez as part of a 3 is just insane - no pace at all in 2 of the 3. Surely play Madd as the false 9 and bring Under on? 

I am really concerned Rodgers will stick with it - almost as though he’s being stubborn at the expense of what’s good for the side?

maybe that is why Perez is getting so much stick because people can see that he is getting far more minutes than he deserves?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

He has been asked to play a position he is not suited to, this is BR's fault.

And we can criticize Rodgers for that!

Still does not insulate Perez from criticism for a piss poor performance.

There were basic things good players should be able to do, regardless of position, that he terribly suffered to do today. 

Edited by NaijaFox

2 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

Again, that perspective is NOT mutually-exclusive with criticism for a poor performance. 

Ndidi recently played out of position in CD, even Ricardo in RM versus Brentford - and neither sucked!

It’s no coincidence that Perez has also looked best for City when he’s played just off the striker. Why? Because that’s his natural position. He’s not good enough to replace Vardy up top, and neither is Iheanacho. The club needs to recruit to this position, we all know it. 
But you keep slating a bloke who’s being asked to do a job he’s not used to and is not good enough to do, if you like.

Personally I’d rather look for some answer to the Vardy problem. But it’s not being resolved 

1 minute ago, NaijaFox said:

And we can criticize Rodgers for that!

Still does not insulate Perez from criticism for a piss poor performance.

There were basic things good players should be able to do, regardless of position, that he terribly suffered to do today. 

You make shot decision to a guy who already isn't great, it's going to be mega shit

1 minute ago, Kevin Russell said:

What concerns me most is the way that we are persisting with some that clearly doesn’t work. Why not try Kel again or at least bring him on when Perez is hobbling around doing naff all. 

Yes Nacho is clumsy, but at least he has shown the ability (not as often as we’d like) to impact games and score 

playing Madds and Perez as part of a 3 is just insane - no pace at all in 2 of the 3. Surely play Madd as the false 9 and bring Under on? 

I am really concerned Rodgers will stick with it - almost as though he’s being stubborn at the expense of what’s good for the side?

maybe that is why Perez is getting so much stick because people can see that he is getting far more minutes than he deserves?

I think Perez and Nacho would work out better than either alone.

21 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

This. I can't stand seeing him up there and I get annoyed by people defending him and making out he's played better than he has. He's just not up to the job and it's hard to knock a player if the manager keeps putting them in when they're clearly not up to it.

• Like 1