Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

He can’t play as a #9 at this level. He can just about play as an ACM or RW at this level, and is ok as a #9 when playing in the cup games against lower league opposition, but he isn’t quick enough, he isn’t tricky enough, he isn’t strong enough and he isn’t aggressive enough. 

With him playing, he puts so much pressure on the likes of Madders and Barnes to be creative as he just doesn’t offer enough 

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Come on, that’s just revisionism. There is no way he could reach it (he is too slow lol)

He could have slid in with a tackle to put their player off. 

He's weak and totally ineffective. 

Not totally to blame for today but many of the other poor performers today, have played well and affected other games in a positive way. 

He rarely has

• Like 1

Just now, Hollyfox said:

He could have slid in with a tackle to put their player off. 

He's weak and totally ineffective. 

Not totally to blame for today but many of the other poor performers today, have played well and affected other games in a positive way. 

He rarely has

He rarely plays, same for Kelechi, we will never see their maximum potential, and doubt we ever will here. No idea why we bought him, but this is our player in a position (sort of) we need currently. :dunno:

Assume the transition planning for Vardy kicks up a gear in the summer.

16 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

He really was, his ball retention is some of the worst I've seen, he's so soft it's unreal and given its 'his game' to come deep and get the ball then it really doesn't say much about his overall capability. Sure, I've seen worse players, but £30m we've not just had our pants down we've been fisted, strangled, wrapped in a rug and dumped in the canal.

Got something you need to tell us about? Lol have you posted in the police thread yet?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

He rarely plays, same for Kelechi, we will never see their maximum potential, and doubt we ever will here. No idea why we bought him, but this is our player in a position (sort of) we need currently. :dunno:

Assume the transition planning for Vardy kicks up a gear in the summer.

Yeah I'll back any player that wears our shirt if they show a bit of grit and determination. 

I think because I don't like him, I tend to watch him a bit more than the others. 

I accept he's not quick etc, but he really doesn't offer us very much at all. 

Some signings work, some don't. 

He hasn't 

• Like 1

Grays been gone 2 hours now and we've already got our scapegoat.

Feel for the guy, he puts the effort in and in a team without Vardy, I actually think he's a better option up top instead of Iheanacho. But there were a few off it today, Maddison for me was probably worst performer... totally anonymous for me.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, adam95581 said:

He can’t play as a #9 at this level. He can just about play as an ACM or RW at this level, and is ok as a #9 when playing in the cup games against lower league opposition, but he isn’t quick enough, he isn’t tricky enough, he isn’t strong enough and he isn’t aggressive enough. 

But apart from that he's a good player!!!!! lollollol

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

I fail to see what exactly he gives us. 

His many failings have already been mentioned. 

Their 2nd goal was just a lack of effort in closing down their player before he put Bamford in. 

Although too many were poor today, I honestly think JJ would do a better job up front than him

He drops too deep and just allows their defenders to not worry, that's the difference that Vardy gives us.

Tbf I think Perez defensively is pretty decent, which is good if you're closing games out, but when you're chasing the game and desperate for a goal, he is definitely not the man.

1 minute ago, Rusko187 said:

Feel for the guy, he puts the effort in and in a team without Vardy, I actually think he's a better option up top instead of Iheanacho. But there were a few off it today, Maddison for me was probably worst performer... totally anonymous for me.

The problem is people like Maddison have points in the bag from previous games. Maddison has been very good the past couple of months up until today, whereas Perez has been average or poor for almost 18 months now. Look at that pass he should have squared a couple of weeks back and he just spooned it over the bar. I've always defended him as a squad player, but as the seasons go by we've gone from fighting for a top 10 spot to fighting for a top 4 spot, and I'm not sure he's good enough consistently for a team that's in that position.

I'm not going to say too much. But the fecker only needed to trap the ball and pass quick to one of the other 3 pivoting around him. Do that and he'd of been a solid 6.5. But he needed 4 touches every time and just got ushered into a black hole of nothing. It was a truly woeful performance.

That said, in the spirit of fairness. Madders was just as poor. By simply wearing a cloak of invisibility. Shame Southgate was watching.

Just now, Leicester_Loyal said:

He drops too deep and just allows their defenders to not worry, that's the difference that Vardy gives us.

Tbf I think Perez defensively is pretty decent, which is good if you're closing games out, but when you're chasing the game and desperate for a goal, he is definitely not the man.

When he drops deep to win the ball, he must retain possession, lay it off or win a free kick. 

If this doesn't happen, we're extremely vulnerable to a counter attack. 

This is how many sides set up, so your forwards have a responsibility to do their job, to protect the defence. 

He fails this job miserably. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

It's not "scapegoating" when discussants discuss what they witnessed on a discussion forum.

Meanwhile, no one is blaming him for the result (which would be scapegoating), just for his personal piss poor performance. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

The problem is people like Maddison have points in the bag from previous games. Maddison has been very good the past couple of months up until today, whereas Perez has been average or poor for almost 18 months now. Look at that pass he should have squared a couple of weeks back and he just spooned it over the bar. I've always defended him as a squad player, but as the seasons go by we've gone from fighting for a top 10 spot to fighting for a top 4 spot, and I'm not sure he's good enough consistently for a team that's in that position.

Sorry, but that’s an unfair comparison. Maddison plays if fit, neither Kel or Ayoze play until Vardy is injured. Not saying it makes him good enough, but he doesn’t play enough to warrant that comparison.

10 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Hard to criticise him as he isnt playing below his standard. We lack pace badly up front and it's making us a lot easier to defend against.

Kel wont solve this issue either. It's down to Brendan to make this work somehow.

I can only surmise that BR will play with a back 3 while vardys out as it's the wingers coming into the box seem to be the main ones creating chances and scoring.

2 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

It's not "scapegoating" when discussants discuss what they witnessed on a discussion forum.

Meanwhile, no one is blaming him for the result (which would be scapegoating), just for his personal piss poor performance. 

Look, he's not a player who will progress us, that is an absolute certainty... if he was trotting around the pitch and not putting the effort in I'd definitely get the critiscm but whilst our star player is out, he's perhaps the best option we have up front. Is it his fault the club haven't found a suitable back up to Vardy? No.

He tries for the team, he does his best.. it's below par but it's all we can ask for in this time. Vardy will be back soon and he will be back making bit-part appearances.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Sorry, but that’s an unfair comparison. Maddison plays if fit, neither Kel or Ayoze play until Vardy is injured. Not saying it makes him good enough, but he doesn’t play enough to warrant that comparison.

He played consistently last season and wasn't good enough then really. Tidy close control but everything else is lacking. Has his uses, but its from the bench. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

Look, he's not a player who will progress us, that is an absolute certainty... if he was trotting around the pitch and not putting the effort in I'd definitely get the critiscm but whilst our star player is out, he's perhaps the best option we have up front. Is it his fault the club haven't found a suitable back up to Vardy? No.

He tries for the team, he does his best.. it's below par but it's all we can ask for in this time. Vardy will be back soon and he will be back making bit-part appearances.

As I stated earlier in this current ongoing discourse...

56 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

Almost always an "A" for effort, but that's not enough.

Vision poor, decision-making tortured, and execution awful!

Edited by NaijaFox

2 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

He played consistently last season and wasn't good enough then really. Tidy close control but everything else is lacking. Has his uses, but its from the bench. 

He played more, but mainly as a RW I thought

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

He played more, but mainly as a RW I thought

Yea, he did. Id rather see him there again than upfront. He just isn't a striker. I know he's not a winger either but atleast he can hold it for an overlapping fullback where as he's too weak against centre backs and too slow. Probably hasn't helped his touch has gone the last 2 games because that, in his defence, is usually pretty good. 

Edited by ARTY_FOX
  • Like 1