Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

8 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

You must have witnessed a different game then. He showed some nice touches at times but hes an expensively bought premier league forward, what do you expect. Outside of that, he consistently made poor choices, was lightweight, offers no threat in the box etc.. 

Even Gray shows "nice touches", but what's more substantive was Perez regularly running blindly into cul-de-sacs and stumbling over every so often. 

Edited by NaijaFox

2 minutes ago, Unique FC said:

Perez always gets slated. He is not a striker, or a winger and never has been. He is best played behind the lone striker. His effort is always very good. Brendan got it wrong by playing him as a lone striker ( + as a winger last year). Spend 30 million on a player with 0 attributes for where you pick and play him. 

If he plays you need 2 up top. Can not play the same system with Perez or Kelechi leading the line. Bamford was class today. That is how a lone striker plays. 

I'm sorry but I stopped reading after this. No it is not always very good as demonstrated by their 2nd goal

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

The question I would ask you is who specifically? 
The giroud types are hard to find. Perez and Iheanacho both had decent records when we signed them and I will add iheanacho gets more than his fair share of goals over a season.

Honestly I don't know, but I'm not a scout:D

Every team IMO should have 3 strikers at least, we currently have 2, one is our best ever player, the other has never been convincing here and doesn't suit the system we play. At the very least we should have a 3rd option. In an ideal world you have a world class striker, a decent young back up and then a left field choice, something like Vardy, Eduoard & Milik. Vardy gets injured or needs a rest, we can use Eduoard and play the same system. We need a change of system in a midweek European game, then we use Milik. Need a last minute goal, bring on either of the spare two.

Another issue we have is that if Vardy is out, none of our replacement attacking options offer anything in the air, we may aswell just give the crosses and set pieces to the other team (much like we did today!)

Edited by Leicester_Loyal

Doesn't play high up enough, doesn't play on the last man, doesn't get in behind, comes far too deep for the ball, can't hold on to the ball, gets blown over by a sneeze, doesn't have any pace, can't defend, can't play his 'proper position' because we never play 2 up front, thus what was the point in chucking 30million at him in the first place.

• Like 1

It is the obvious difference in style of play from Vardy to Perez that hinders us. When Vardy's moving and in form we seem to sweep forward. With Perez it looks like hard work and the momentum just goes.

it isn't his fault that the club haven't got a like-for-like replacement for Vardy but he slows us down too much and wastes possession.

10 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I’m not sure. For Newcastle he played that role. We haven’t used him there but he can play that role competently. I think it’s probably a case of being out of practise, a lack of sharpness and probably playing in two games where the whole team have been out of sorts and missing Ndidi (who is a massive miss). I think criticism is fine but not the kind of reactionary stuff on here. It’s unhelpful. If the lad comes on here and reads this (I’m lead to believe some do) then it’s not going to help his confidence or the team.

Didn't he play off Rondon who was a beast let's face it

Perez was really poor today - poor choices, slow release to runners and wasteful in possession. He did well at Everton against a really low block.  The spattering of performances we would have expected from him.

He wasn't helped today by some shocking performances behind him but he needs to do better in games vs sides like Leeds who do offer scoring opportunities to our forward players.

Just now, SecretPro said:

Doesn't play high up enough, doesn't play on the last man, doesn't get in behind, comes far too deep for the ball, can't hold on to the ball, gets blown over by a sneeze, doesn't have any pace, can't defend, can't play his 'proper position' because we never play 2 up front, thus what was the point in chucking 30million at him in the first place.

Yeah but you are judging him against Vardy so it’s a difficult comparison, no? (And what you said isn’t all true anyway)

3 minutes ago, majaco said:

He does some good things.  He lacks the overall quality of many of our players.

He does not deserve to be scapegoated.  Unless we have become a really entitled club.

That's the key though isn't it? He isn't being scapegoated, he just looks like he isn't good enough. I don't see how you can class us as entitled because we're questioning that performance.

In 658 minutes this season he's got 1 goal and 0 assists. Under has 2 assists in 235 minutes, for comparison.

1 minute ago, TK95 said:

Harsh to blame the result on Perez when there were so many abject performances.

But have to question Brendan why he started after the Everton game. Should have set alarm bells that we needed an out and out striker today. Wasn't his type of game from the start

Don't think anyone (or most) is blaming Perez for the result.

But it's factual reality that he was piss-poor,and nothing amiss in discussing that.

Pretty certain similar discussions are going on in several other players' threads.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Yeah but you are judging him against Vardy so it’s a difficult comparison, no? (And what you said isn’t all true anyway)

Well it is a striker we need, not any more number 10s. Sure, not his fault if Brendan can't see the obvious but if you are going to play him as a number 9 then you have to judge his capabilities in the role. He should be nowhere near that spot ever again but what alternatives do we have? It's the one place our usually excellent recruitment has really failed in. 

2 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I honestly didn't think he was that bad. 

He really was, his ball retention is some of the worst I've seen, he's so soft it's unreal and given its 'his game' to come deep and get the ball then it really doesn't say much about his overall capability. Sure, I've seen worse players, but £30m we've not just had our pants down we've been fisted, strangled, wrapped in a rug and dumped in the canal.

Edited by SecretPro
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Well it is a striker we need, not any more number 10s. Sure, not his fault if Brendan can't see the obvious but if you are going to play him as a number 9 then you have to judge his capabilities in the role. He should be nowhere near that spot ever again but what alternatives do we have? It's the one place our usually excellent recruitment has really failed in. 

Play nacho, he is actually better believe it or not... still crap but better 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Definitely wasn’t our worst player today. 
Maddison was utterly awful. He contributed absolutely nothing today

And Perez just isn’t a striker.

LCFC need to sort this out. The reliance on Vardy isn’t a joke anymore 

Was definitely in contention for it.

Between him and Maddison (as below par as he also was today), only the latter looked capable of scoring. 

I fail to see what exactly he gives us. 

His many failings have already been mentioned. 

Their 2nd goal was just a lack of effort in closing down their player before he put Bamford in. 

Although too many were poor today, I honestly think JJ would do a better job up front than him

• Like 1

Just now, Hollyfox said:

I fail to see what exactly he gives us. 

His many failings have already been mentioned. 

Their 2nd goal was just a lack of effort in closing down their player before he put Bamford in. 

Although too many were poor today, I honestly think JJ would do a better job up front than him

Come on, that’s just revisionism. There is no way he could reach it (he is too slow lol)

• Haha 1