Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

On 29/01/2021 at 00:55, Jimbo said:

Perez has 2 problems. No one know his best position and he cost £30million.

Imo, it's pretty obvious that his best role is as a supporting striker, a position that is very tough to fit into our current gameplan. We've tried to shoe him in everywhere else and it doesn't work. He needs to play off the striker quite closely, as he did in Newcastle, for things to work best for him.

Unfortunately we can't afford to play him there. 

• Like 1

Just now, Leicester_Loyal said:

Always been at best a squad player for us, never good enough for a starting spot, especially not upfront. His performance today was terrible.

Our problem is Iheanacho is the same, which means we have absolutely no-one if Vardy doesn't play.

A £30,000,000 squad player. 

I’d rather play Justin up front.

Just now, Sly said:

A £30,000,000 squad player. 

I’d rather play Justin up front.

There's some mixed messages about the fee, others said it was only 30m including all the bonuses, not sure on the true figure.

Like you say though, not good enough and hasn't been for ages. If we could sell him and recoup 15-20m I'd do it.

It's not even that he's been that bad, he's just utterly pointless as a striker. And we don't play with a system that brings the best out of him, and even if we did, you'd want much better than him when you're after Europe.

• Like 2