Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Caglar Soyuncu emerges as new cult hero at Leicester City

On 24/04/2021 at 02:15, st albans fox said:

We have to find a way to keep all three happy without having to play a back three ......and there is word we are buying a fourth ! 

not convinced this won’t be an area we don’t cash in on at some point next two seasons 

but if we keep winning with a back three then why change it ??.

I think we have to buy a fourth, I don't think we can go into a champions league season with only three first choice CB's. I'm not sure if we can promote from within but I honestly don't think that we can rely on Amartey as coverage.

Maybe Josh Knight or Filip Benkovic can step up.

1 minute ago, gurru991 said:

I think we have to buy a fourth, I don't think we can go into a champions league season with only three first choice CB's. I'm not sure if we can promote from within but I honestly don't think that we can rely on Amartey as coverage.

Maybe Josh Knight or Filip Benkovic can step up.

The advantage of keeping Benko and Josh is they won't moan too much if they don't often  play , like Dan. Someone like Tarkowski and his agent would be saying "if I don't start I ain't coming".

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

The advantage of keeping Benko and Josh is they won't moan too much if they don't often  play , like Dan. Someone like Tarkowski and his agent would be saying "if I don't start I ain't coming".

Don't fancy either of them to step-up and making PL or CL standard/

34 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Don't fancy either of them to step-up and making PL or CL standard/

I wouldn't throw them in against Man.City or Atletico Madrid no, but some of the lesser lights I think they could do a decent job. Josh has been slogging away all season so he is not short of match practise , Benko has to play far more than he has of late. Ability wise , well that would be up to Rodgers , he knows a lot more than we do.

2 hours ago, Koke said:

I love Soyuncu but that's unfair on Fofana. France have huge depth in defence. Even Laporte van barely get a game. If Fofana was any other nationality he'd be playing for the senior national team. French journalists and ex French players believe he will start for France soon enough.

Turkey beat France 2-0 and draw 1-1 in Paris with Çağs. Lille is at the top of the Leauge 1 now with 3 turkish national players . Saying Çağs  to drop to 3rd choice of the team , has been awarded PFA team player 2020 .There is no unfair situation  for Fofana  comparing to Çağs

• Like 1

2 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Exactly right.

I never saw Tarkowski coming here. 

As soon as the Youri deal is sorted (if true that it is pretty much done) then Cags needs a new contract ASAP

2 years left on his current and no doubt will be clubs interested in him this summer unless we give him a new deal to ward them off

• Like 1

Caglar Soyuncu exclusive interview: Leicester centre-back on overcoming tough start and helping Foxes thrive

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11712/12289395/caglar-soyuncu-exclusive-interview-leicester-centre-back-on-overcoming-tough-start-and-helping-foxes-thrive

Caglar Soyuncu

• Like 1

On 26/04/2021 at 18:49, Gazi Giray said:

Turkey beat France 2-0 and draw 1-1 in Paris with Çağs. Lille is at the top of the Leauge 1 now with 3 turkish national players . Saying Çağs  to drop to 3rd choice of the team , has been awarded PFA team player 2020 .There is no unfair situation  for Fofana  comparing to Çağs

Im as big of a fan of soyuncu as anyone but i find it irritating when we base a player's ability based on which national team they play for, ie praet must be amazing as a he's a belgian international whereas maddison doesnt even get called up for england. The only performances by our players that matter are those in a leicester shirt and based on that Soyuncu and Fofana are on a similar level (theyre both brilliant)

• Like 1

I'm sorry for some of my turkish kinfolk here, you guys really need to grow a little bit of tougher skin whenever a turkish player or club is mentioned :whistle: .

I love Caglar as much as anyone and think he is already a world class CB since last season, but Evans and Fofana have performed massively aswell so there is obviously some people who will prefer either of them and it's not meant as an insult to the other players. 

I think Brendan will have some serious headaches when he decided to go back to a back 4 and I can see him rotate between Söy and Fofana while Evans will be a mainstay just because of experience.

But anyways, the back 5 is the way to go for the rest of this season and it's working good

• Like 1

1 hour ago, youngvolki said:

I'm sorry for some of my turkish kinfolk here, you guys really need to grow a little bit of tougher skin whenever a turkish player or club is mentioned :whistle: .

I love Caglar as much as anyone and think he is already a world class CB since last season, but Evans and Fofana have performed massively aswell so there is obviously some people who will prefer either of them and it's not meant as an insult to the other players. 

I think Brendan will have some serious headaches when he decided to go back to a back 4 and I can see him rotate between Söy and Fofana while Evans will be a mainstay just because of experience.

But anyways, the back 5 is the way to go for the rest of this season and it's working good

We are watching and supporting Leicester matchs for watching Çağs and Cengiz. Not more.. This does not mean Leicester is not good team . It is very good team I respect to its all players especially like  to watch Barnes, Vardy Tielemans and Ihenacho but what I would like to see our players at first  will not be changed as your desire . sorry to make you sorry yeğenim :)

Edited by Gazi Giray

1 hour ago, Gazi Giray said:

We are watching and supporting Leicester matchs for watching Çağs and Cengiz. Not more.. This does not mean Leicester is not good team . It is very good team I respect to its all players especially like  to watch Barnes, Vardy Tielemans and Ihenacho but what I would like to see our players at first  will not be changed as your desire . sorry to make you sorry yeğenim :)

Really made tonight's result even worse.. 😂

2 hours ago, Gazi Giray said:

Well you see that’s the difference. You support and follow your country’s players . You see the game as 90 minutes of football only and probably only on tv  and when the player moves you follow them . When you support your local team it is more than 90 minutes it’s a way of life. Take an away day for example , you get up early, meet your mates to get the bus or car convoy to wherever we are playing. Then meet up at the pub have a few drinks see  the usually faces before heading of to the ground . Then you have the games atmosphere and banter tv doesn’t even give 1% of what it’s like being in a ground or the pure emotion.  This is why real  fans get annoyed with people spouting about their countrymen because they don’t have the club at heart . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, baldeagle said:

Well you see that’s the difference. You support and follow your country’s players . You see the game as 90 minutes of football only and probably only on tv  and when the player moves you follow them . When you support your local team it is more than 90 minutes it’s a way of life. Take an away day for example , you get up early, meet your mates to get the bus or car convoy to wherever we are playing. Then meet up at the pub have a few drinks see  the usually faces before heading of to the ground . Then you have the games atmosphere and banter tv doesn’t even give 1% of what it’s like being in a ground or the pure emotion.  This is why real  fans get annoyed with people spouting about their countrymen because they don’t have the club at heart . 

I am so sorry to disturb you ..It will not happen again Sir.

Please accept my sincere apologising. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Gazi Giray said:

Haven’t seen your posts mate and have no idea what you’re like so this isn’t directed at you. 
Basically since we had Mahrez we’ve had foreign fans of ‘players’ come in and talk a lot about the club etc and it happens now with the Turkish lads. Unfortunately the ‘fans’ are never educated on the club and just end up talking absolute shite. Yet to see an Algerian or Turk put together an educated and well constructed post about the club/player. 
Eg  Turkish fans moaning when under doesn’t start over Albrighton 

Edited by TJB-fox

3 minutes ago, Gazi Giray said:

It’s fine you haven’t and no need to apologise I just wanted you to understand our point of view.  A lot of overseas fans do not see the full picture just 90 minutes game time and their countryman playing this is  not just Leicester. Some of our fans have long emotional ties because their  family have long supported  the club even in the dark days  and it’s more than 90 minutes . This is one of the reasons real fans didn’t want the super league . Hang around this board for longer and you will pick up on this and hopefully you will become as we say a true fox and all fans are welcome wherever you are 

I have understood why BR prefer Albrighton over Cengo. Albrighton is a strong team work player and I have seen him faster than I had thought .

thinking Albrighton role gives a similar effect to Lei team with a strong contribution , reminds me our club ex-famous Dutch player Dirk Kuyt. Albrigthon is a kind of player  manager and fans can trust . He does not have up -down most  and can offer permanace reliable work attitude. 

Yes we wanted so much to see Cengiz explosion in a game but  it has not happened. I do not know if he can get any chance  becuase season end is not far.. Not likely.

seeing the most talented having big prospect player is  Barnes can play in every big team . When Barnes available to play Vardy can play beer and can find more empty area. Barnes take rival defence on his side.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

It’s fine you haven’t and no need to apologise I just wanted you to understand our point of view.  A lot of overseas fans do not see the full picture just 90 minutes game time and their countryman playing this is  not just Leicester. Some of our fans have long emotional ties because their  family have long supported  the club even in the dark days  and it’s more than 90 minutes . This is one of the reasons real fans didn’t want the super league . Hang around this board for longer and you will pick up on this and hopefully you will become as we say a true fox and all fans are welcome wherever you are 

Thank you so much . I respect fans who get up early in the cold mornings and go to trip together. Clubs owe them very much for every success.. In the past I had also been some environments where seats flying in the air :) 

I know how exciting and challenging games were in the hstory  of  PL   I knew Dalglish Clemence Lineker Shilton  keegan Toshack Cascoigne times :) 

I watched George Best in Istanbul in a veteran games and so much surprised and admired how a talented man he was,  at that age.

agree 100% for Super Leauge thoughts . My respect is for the lower clup which strongly challenge against to bigger clubs. Football is beatiful like this. No one is unbeatable. And everybody should have a right to play .. Discrimination and separation to any clubs can not be accepted. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Well that was shit. 

Cags, sort your head out man. 

Lost his head this time last season as well. Has looked like a disaster waiting to happen the last few weeks as well.

Needs a sports psychologist or something because he clearly doesn't cope well with pressure.

• Like 3

Just now, Nod.E said:

Lost his head this time last season as well. Has looked like a disaster waiting to happen the last few weeks as well.

Needs a sports psychologist or something because he clearly doesn't cope well with pressure.

One silly mistake and his head went. Only thing he's learnt is not get sent off in the process lol

Genuinely think Evans next to him helps him a lot. 

Just now, StanSP said:

One silly mistake and his head went. Only thing he's learnt is not get sent off in the process lol

Genuinely think Evans next to him helps him a lot. 

It's not just the mistake though. Looked shaky all game. Has looked shaky for weeks in fact.