Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Caglar Soyuncu emerges as new cult hero at Leicester City

Has the uncanny ability to look world class one minute then economy class the next. I get the impression Evans brings the composure element to his game, so when he's not there and he's getting exposed by a non existent midfield he flaps

15 minutes ago, HeskeyMuzzy said:

Knobheads blaming cags. Yeah he was shite but there was no organisation at all and playing with 10 didnt help also. The fact he has Amartey next to him doesnt help also. Still our best defender by a mile. 

He was the senior player in that back 4 that I would expect the organisation to come from, that’s the issue. When he doesn’t have someone calm and composed next to him he is as bad as any centre back we have had in recent years.

Best defender by a mile? Absolutely not

There’s a reason why I was clamouring for an experienced CB to play alongside him, yet many deluded folk shut me down.

Without Evans, Soyuncu instantly becomes a potential weak link, a month ago some fans were saying, we’d be ok without Evans, Soyuncu is an experienced defender now.

Soyuncu has never shown leadership qualities for us, if anything he still shows immaturity and naivety. We’ve seen it numerous times, especially at the back end of last season, plus at the Euros.

I can’t remember which poster said it the other month, but they were spot on.

Soyuncu is the type of defender who needs his hand holding by a more experienced CB.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Nod.E said:

Anyone else starting to fear he's not all we've built him up to be?

- Gets beaten in the air frequently

- Dives in to every challenge, which opposition players are beginning to learn 

- Prone to lapses of concentration like tonight's 

- Appears to lose his head in trying circumstances

With a fit Evans, Fofana and Vestergaard, he may even be 4th choice.

Yep.

I'm rapidly losing faith in him now. I can overlook the odd error but he's having too many absolute horror shows. You will struggle to find a centre half display as abject as that earlier all season.

He's clearly having a dip, there's no doubt about that. But I think it's pretty clear he's a 'second centre back'.

He needs a leader alongside him, to guide him through games. He's clearly missing Evans.

Morgan was the same at this level too. He only looked good when Huth was with him, telling him where to go and using Morgan's underrated pace/mobility to see off the danger.

And for the love of god Brendan, we're missing about 5 defenders!

Let Ndidi just sit in the defensive midfield role, and help them out more!

He shouldn't be getting ahead of Tielemans, when we're so weak at the back!

He should have been better prepared for last night. Everyone knows what Antonio is going to do.  Don’t try and pinch a ball from him when he has his back to goal. Just stop him turning you to allow a sight of goal.  The back pass is a mixture of his arrogance (which makes him the player he is) and a brain fart in not checking when he had time to.  So that is going to happen with him on the odd occasion. 

the question is whether brendan ripped him apart afterwards (in a Brendan one to one way) over the back pass or the third goal ???  That would tell us a lot more about the manager !   The player has to mature further as a CB ….