Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Caglar Soyuncu emerges as new cult hero at Leicester City

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-can-expect-caglar-5262019

When Leicester City can expect Caglar Soyuncu back after defender tests positive for Covid-19
The centre-back contracted coronavirus just before he was due to return to the UK after playing three games with his country during the recent international break

ByJordan Blackwell
20:33, 3 APR 2021UPDATED20:59, 3 APR 2021

Leicester City are not expecting to have Caglar Soyuncu available for the huge Premier League clash with Champions League rivals West Ham next weekend after he tested positive for Covid-19.

The centre-back remains in Turkey in a bubble at the country’s football federation headquarters near Istanbul after contracting coronavirus just before he prepared to leave and return to the UK.

Soyuncu played all three of his country’s matches over the international break, but then a Covid-19 outbreak hit the camp.

He could not return, so Daniel Amartey stepped in for the 2-0 defeat to Manchester City, and he may be required again against West Ham at the London Stadium.

City are seven points ahead of the fifth-placed Hammers but that could fall to four before they meet if David Moyes’ side beat Wolves on Monday.

“There was a number of players in Turkey that had a positive test and he was one of those,” said Brendan Rodgers, explaining the situation.

“He’s still out there in Turkey in a bubble so we’re working on the best process to get him back and available.

“He’s fine. He had a number of negative tests and just before he came back he had a positive test. It’s a process with the federation, looking at the best options, and hopefully we’ll get him back and playing as soon as we can.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, davieG said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-can-expect-caglar-5262019

When Leicester City can expect Caglar Soyuncu back after defender tests positive for Covid-19
The centre-back contracted coronavirus just before he was due to return to the UK after playing three games with his country during the recent international break

ByJordan Blackwell
20:33, 3 APR 2021UPDATED20:59, 3 APR 2021

Leicester City are not expecting to have Caglar Soyuncu available for the huge Premier League clash with Champions League rivals West Ham next weekend after he tested positive for Covid-19.

The centre-back remains in Turkey in a bubble at the country’s football federation headquarters near Istanbul after contracting coronavirus just before he prepared to leave and return to the UK.

Soyuncu played all three of his country’s matches over the international break, but then a Covid-19 outbreak hit the camp.

He could not return, so Daniel Amartey stepped in for the 2-0 defeat to Manchester City, and he may be required again against West Ham at the London Stadium.

City are seven points ahead of the fifth-placed Hammers but that could fall to four before they meet if David Moyes’ side beat Wolves on Monday.

“There was a number of players in Turkey that had a positive test and he was one of those,” said Brendan Rodgers, explaining the situation.

“He’s still out there in Turkey in a bubble so we’re working on the best process to get him back and available.

“He’s fine. He had a number of negative tests and just before he came back he had a positive test. It’s a process with the federation, looking at the best options, and hopefully we’ll get him back and playing as soon as we can.

He'll be allowed to fly as soon as he has a negative test. It could be a false positive in the best case scenario.

Salah recovered pretty quickly and was allowed to play as soon as he had a negative test. The likelihood is that it'll take him two weeks which I think is what Rodgers alluded to yesterday. Small chance he could play against West ham but highly unlikely.

Fingers crossed he has no symptons and feels okay, horrible disease but most the footballers who've had it have not really been affected. We missed him yesterday.

On 04/04/2021 at 20:19, Collymore said:

I'll just check my Rodgers injury translator. Ahh there it is at the bottom...

Highly likely to make next game = will be available in 3-4 weeks.

Likely to make next game = will be available in 2-3 months

Highly unlikely to make next game = probably missing a leg. 

Won’t make the next game = clinically dead 

• Haha 2

Guest bss9401

Nah. Turkey are in the Euros in the summer so someone's chucked something dead and covid infected over the fence (for those who remember mad cow disease)

Hopefully tests negative on Sunday then. At least he's had no symptoms and has been able to train

13:54JORDAN BLACKWELL

Soyuncu?

“We’re hoping by Sunday when he’ll do his test, it will be negative and we can get him back. He will have done his isolation period out there. He’s been able to train. He’s had no symptoms. We decided to keep him there where he could train and so he wouldn’t have to isolate over here. Hopefully he can rejoin the group next week and be ready for Southampton.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Not a coincidence our best run of form this season is with him in the side for me.

Hes looked shaky at times but we muss his physicality and pace when he's not there. Looking forward to having him back.

Soyuncu had often been the weak link in a back 3 but since his return from injury I thought in any position he has been superb bar that Slavia Prague home game and Arsenal we were all hideous. 

His performance vs Man Utd in the cup given our restricted options and formations we can play was so important and I'm pinning all my hopes on his return bringing that balance between defensive solidarity and then being quick enough on the ball to get in to space and open teams up.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Soyuncu had often been the weak link in a back 3 but since his return from injury I thought in any position he has been superb bar that Slavia Prague home game and Arsenal we were all hideous. 

His performance vs Man Utd in the cup given our restricted options and formations we can play was so important and I'm pinning all my hopes on his return bringing that balance between defensive solidarity and then being quick enough on the ball to get in to space and open teams up.

I don't think it helps that Fofana has to play on the left when Soyuncu is unavailable ether!

• Like 4