Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Caglar Soyuncu emerges as new cult hero at Leicester City

Tonight was the culmination of a bunch of frenetic performances in recent weeks. An absolute horror show. Can't think of too many worse individual performances I've seen at any level for us.

He's all action and at his best that works in his favour as he nicks in front of strikers and gets us on the front foot high up the pitch and he dominates his opponent. When he's off, he gets caught ahead of the ball, makes rash decisions, and generally looks like he has a mistake in him at any moment.

He never has looked comfortable in a 3. Neither does Fofana. They both get run off their shoulder far too often That's the main reason i'd abandon the back 3.

Edited by martyn
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

I feel sorry for Soyuncu, he like others is out of position. He's a right footed player who gives mom performances for Turkey on the right. He can play the left of two centre halves really well but struggles on the extreme left covering left back as well, it's crystal clear he struggles there and pundits have picked up on it also. We scored 2 despite the manager when players did their own thing and attacked, it's not the first time.

Spot on.

• Like 1

This bloke’s mentality is really really poor. He can be really rash and put us in stupid situations. You expect it from Fofana based on age but he needs a head wobble. 

Just now, Fox92 said:

I've said since he come back from his injury he doesn't look right. The people asking for Soyuncu/Fofana as a two man centre back pairing don't realise how much Evans brings.

Agreed. Said months ago that a pairing of these two would be a disaster, wasn’t quite expecting that though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

I've said since he come back from his injury he doesn't look right. The people asking for Soyuncu/Fofana as a two man centre back pairing don't realise how much Evans brings.

Soyuncu / Fofana as a central 2 would be fantastic.

But Soyuncu / Fofana / Random pick is a disaster.

It’s clear neither like being in a 3, but Evan’s quality and leadership means that they are closely managed on the pitch and it works.

Without Evans they didn’t know when to attack and break forward, and when they did nobody covered.

As a pair they would simply concentrate on being defenders and not have to break forward to make up for the man short in midfield.

After 25 minutes yesterday it was clear that it wasn’t working - BR could have easily gone to a back 4 without making a sub. I suspect we’d have won the game if he had, and we’d have seen this pairing shine 

Not a fan of Rodgers praising Fofana yesterday and criticising Cags. Both were completely outmatched by lower half opposition. Rodgers only points out the corner, but Fofana was ball watching for Wilson's second.

Guest Bert Fill
7 hours ago, Paddy. said:

Looks great in a two, all at sea in a 3, as does Fofana for that matter. So why are we persisting with it? 

So we can have attacking width from wing backs, I imagine.

I reckon they both usually look good if Evans is alongside them, whether in a two or a three.