Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Caglar Soyuncu emerges as new cult hero at Leicester City

33 minutes ago, Bert Fill said:

So we can have attacking width from wing backs, I imagine.

I reckon they both usually look good if Evans is alongside them, whether in a two or a three.

I'd kill to see some evidence of that lol

Guest Bert Fill
4 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I'd kill to see some evidence of that lol

Ha! Did I say it worked?

But that must be the plan...

1 hour ago, Bert Fill said:

So we can have attacking width from wing backs, I imagine.

I reckon they both usually look good if Evans is alongside them, whether in a two or a three.

we can get attacking width from Full backs as well we don't need a back 3 for that

Edited by Jimmy

Guest Bert Fill
25 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

we can get attacking width from Full backs as well we don't need a back 3 for that

Hey - I didn’t come up with the plan, I’m just saying what I think the plan might be!

He looks low on confidence. Not sure a back 3 has helped him much. Would prefer to see him in a back 2 with Fofana and they stick to holding their positions rather than instructed to take the ball up the pitch. He gets caught out too much and Fofana loves to try block the pass rather than track the runner - Hence why we have been carved open with a through ball so many times recently. 

I see Rodgers conundrum, it's the same issue he has with Vardy and Iheanacho. He can't drop either one, but you just know he would prefer not to play 2 strikers. He doesn't want to drop any of the back 3 and we get stuck in this system, even when it isn't working. Maybe with Evans out, Rodgers will have to switch it. I really hope we don't see a back 3 with Amartey. Let's go 4 at the back and bring in Praet to help N'didi and Tielemans protect the back 4.  

Now to throw them both a bone here, they trained all week and planned  on Evans being there and had the tactics set that way. They were given 5 minutes notice of a tactic and personnel change in such a crucial position and such a crucial person getting injured. I think some people underestimate how much a team goes over tactics in the lead up to a game.

yes they were terrible but They’re not going to be hung drawn and quartered by me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MPH said:

Now to throw them both a bone here, they trained all week and planned  on Evans being there and had the tactics set that way. They were given 5 minutes notice of a tactic and personnel change in such a crucial position and such a crucial person getting injured. I think some people underestimate how much a team goes over tactics in the lead up to a game.

yes they were terrible but They’re not going to be hung drawn and quartered by me.

I personally wanted them to be ejected into the sun but that's just me! 

• Haha 1

He just can’t handle pressure. In a way this game was worse than Bournemouth. Bournemouth was a few bad moments and a heads gone situation... Friday we just got outclassed. 

kasper made a fantastic save and Soyuncu attempted to screw up before he actually did. The warning signs were there. 

If you look at The free kick on the edge of the box, he genuinely had no idea if he was in the area or not. He just dangled a leg... it was brain dead. I turned to my wife and said wow maybe today’s the day we get away with a few things but then boom. 

Mentally I’m not sure he’s there but I hope a big performance from him on Tuesday can restore his confidence and allow him to make amends.

Last season: capitulation and petulance against Bournemouth

This season: bullet header at Old Trafford to win the game

These next two league games are going to be nervy but at least we're in the mix. Although we were in it to the final day last season, in truth it felt like things had slipped away a long time before then.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

I thought he was shaky as **** the first half looked so nervous at times . 2nd half he was completely different player 

H es still learning his trade still young for a CB and After Building up confidence und Building his own  trust in his own game.

He had 6 months taken Away due to a Bad injury...If takes a few more months to refind that level again....

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

On 08/05/2021 at 20:32, MPH said:

I feel a bit ‘ Alan Patridgey’ quoting myself but with some good prep and a week working on the tactics they were much better.  We limited Man United at their own ground to just 4 shots in total whilst we had 12.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MPH said:

I feel a bit ‘ Alan Patridgey’ quoting myself but with some good prep and a week working on the tactics they were much better.  We limited Man United at their own ground to just 4 shots in total whilst we had 12.

And this right there is where I feel we've really improved as a team under Rodgers. Tactically, we are so much more flexible and we have a team that absorbs the coaching so well. It's actually staggering to think that bar Thomas and Perez, this was the same team that was all at sea against Newcastle a few days ago. Huge credit to the players, especially Cags and Fofana, and the coaching staff for bouncing back at the most unlikeliest of grounds for us.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, MPH said:

definitely think this played a huge part in the Newcastle performance, and was too easily overlooked when slamming the defensive performance. We all know Soyuncu and Fofana are top young defenders, and no doubt losing Evans minutes before had a huge impact on them. 

I was confident they could put in a decent performance tonight, as like you said, they had time to work on it and prepare playing next to each other. 

Looking forward to seeing Evans back, but more than happy with a pairing of Fofana and Soyuncu in the future 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

There was nothing to forgive...he has been Coming Off a 6 months Bad injury-forced  lay-off..!!

Just for the record, he was off for a little less than 3 months with the abductor injury, and has been back in the side since January (apart from the 2 weeks for Covid). 

On 09/05/2021 at 01:32, MPH said:

100% this. 

9 hours ago, baldeagle said:

I thought he was shaky as **** the first half looked so nervous at times . 2nd half he was completely different player 

I think thats normal when you have had a poor game and made a mistake for a goal the game before, but he came though it.