Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

Maddison £100/125m player

Maddison will be a 100/125m plus player once he's worked out when to  pass the ball, and when to  keep it in the final  third.

On sunday for all his bossing of midfield, if he'd released the ball when a top player would've have, we would've had two more goals.

As it is,  he's a very good player on his way  to being a great player.

• Like 1

Did nobody see the wolves game?

top players don’t over hit every corner.

cant stand the lad. Has more bad games than good ones. Big ego, thinks he’s beckham, extremely selfish and seeks glory on his own. Looking forward to receiving a big offer and him moving on personally. He can take his silly cars somewhere else.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, dooflip said:

cant stand the lad. Has more bad games than good ones. Big ego, thinks he’s beckham, extremely selfish and seeks glory on his own. Looking forward to receiving a big offer and him moving on personally. He can take his silly cars somewhere else.

Peak yer da. 

Edited by jaylcfc94

Apols is this already posted.

Not had chance to read it yet, but it was written by the guy who said Soyuncu looked 'immobile' in the Chelsea game report, so I'm not expecting much...

https://www.football365.com/news/james-maddison-and-the-chance-to-be-more-than-david-bentley

Edit: read it now - pretty decent. Makes a good point about him not letting either the first half or mistakes in the second get him down, but making him try harder (and the hard work coming to something).

This from the end;

'And that’s really the point: you arrive at the stadium with one impression, you leave with another. In this instance, you take your seat knowing that Maddison is a fine ball-striker blessed with self-confidence, technique and style, but you get up and leave having seen him grind for the right to express those gifts...it layers him with a texture that he wasn’t thought to have. Those who watch him more regularly may already know that'

Those who watch him have certainly layered this thread with a great deal of (cough) texture.

Edited by turtmcfly
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

If true, bit unfair how Mount gets gifted one goal and is in the England first team when Madders has had to wait over a year since he joined us (I know he was called up but didn’t play) 

Hope Mount is just their for the experience and is one of the names removed when it’s whittled down, not that I don’t want him to succeed for England’s sake, but it’s just a bit unjust given what Madders has shown in comparison for them to be rewarded in the same way.

Doesn’t encourage young players to move to sides outside the top 6 and play more football to help their improvement when they can be apart of the big club’s youth setups/reserves, get a couple games in the starting 11 and get called up. 

Fully agree with you. 

What's the point in performing well for a Top 10 prem team, when you potentially get jumped by a player having spent a season in the champ and 2 games in the prem. 

At times the national team does make it seem as if they rate a squad or reserve player in a Top 6 team over a regular and consistent started in a Top 10 team. 

1 hour ago, dooflip said:

Welcome to FT Harvey Barnes 

• Thanks 1

Just a word of caution on Maddison, every time he's been close to an England call up he's not done very well and then as soon as he's been left out he scores the game afterwards. I hope tomorrow's game see's him have a blinder and he gets in the squad but sometimes he tries too hard and as a result is more of a nuisance than a benefit, if he settles down tomorrow and relaxes he could have a field day.

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Just a word of caution on Maddison, every time he's been close to an England call up he's not done very well and then as soon as he's been left out he scores the game afterwards. I hope tomorrow's game see's him have a blinder and he gets in the squad but sometimes he tries too hard and as a result is more of a nuisance than a benefit, if he settles down tomorrow and relaxes he could have a field day.

If he starts in the midfield 3, he will have fun. Hopefully that report about Rodgers trying him in different positions sees Maddison move to the midfield.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He seems to have matured a fair bit over the last season, and getting advice from Rodgers rather than Puel has probably helped him with that. He seems to have softened a little bit from the overly-cocky mindset he started out with (pretty natural for a PL debutant at 21) and has his head screwed on, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if he's approaching this one with the mindset that "If it happens, it happens" (w.r.t. a callup) and will be fully focussed on Leicester first and foremost.

On 21/08/2019 at 18:46, UniFox21 said:

Fully agree with you. 

What's the point in performing well for a Top 10 prem team, when you potentially get jumped by a player having spent a season in the champ and 2 games in the prem. 

At times the national team does make it seem as if they rate a squad or reserve player in a Top 6 team over a regular and consistent started in a Top 10 team. 

I think you have to realise that a lot of these players have their paths planned out from a young age. They go through the national youth set ups with coaches planning when and how they will be put into the full national squad. 

I agree it's not always fair on the late bloomers that have to graft their way to get noticed. 

Edited by srex9
  • Like 1

Granted Mount was gifted a goal against us, but people saying that’s why he’s in the squad is very shortsighted. 

He’s clearly got talent and the reason he’s had less PL experience is because Chelsea have some very good players in his position. He would have been starting had he been at a mid table club similar to ours. 

OK , 3 games into the season and Man Utd panic buying already.Also the Sunday Mirror are knocking off 40 million of the price lol                                                                                                   The Red Devils are looking to make a January move for Leicester's English midfielder James Morrison, 22, who could cost £80m. (Sunday Mirror)    Oh and the BBC also can't spell his name !                                                                                                                                                                              !

Edited by Pablito

7 hours ago, Pablito said:

OK , 3 games into the season and Man Utd panic buying already.Also the Sunday Mirror are knocking off 40 million of the price lol                                                                                                   The Red Devils are looking to make a January move for Leicester's English midfielder James Morrison, 22, who could cost £80m. (Sunday Mirror)    Oh and the BBC also can't spell his name !                                                                                                                                                                              !

I'm sure we could rustle up a James Morrison to sell them.

Newspapers must love united. They know united have a massive following. So make up stupid clickbait rumours then count all the advertising money from the clicks.

• Haha 1

I know a lot say he goes down easily but if you don’t go down you don’t get the free kick. That doesn’t bother me. 

What gets me me a little is when he doesn’t get the decision he kneels there with his arms outstretched looking at the ref appealing. Get up and get involved! 

As a player I can’t really fault him. 

On 24/08/2019 at 09:04, st albans fox said:

Weird story in the Irish independent that the iFA is trying to lure JM ........ presume it’s their way of trying to get back at Southgate over the rice situation.  Madders is desperate to play for England ........

Premier league player on the up born in England and English through and through ya he is going to play for a 3rd world football team , the FAI is deluded and it’s an organisation led by spivs and crooks 

8 hours ago, Pablito said:

James Morrison sounds like a cracking player, 10/10 would recommend to United

• Haha 1