Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Match Ratings: Sheff Utd 1-2 Leicester City - Vote Now

Sheff Utd 1-2 Leicester City

You do not have permission to vote. Please login to vote.
  1. 6.8

Total Average Rating

174 votes
  2. Highest Rated Player

Hamza Choudhury 8.2
  3. Lowest Rated Player

Ayoze Pérez 5.7
  4. Manager Confidence 98% 0%

Season: 2019/20
Voting Starts: 24/08/19
Voting Ends: 28/08/19

1. Kasper Schmeichel
  2. Ricardo Pereira
  3. Jonny Evans
  4. Caglar Soyuncu
  5. Christian Fuchs
  6. Hamza Choudhury
  7. Youri Tielemans
  8. Dennis Praet
  9. James Maddison
  10. Ayoze Pérez
  11. Jamie Vardy
  12. Harvey Barnes (sub)
  13. Wes Morgan (sub)
  14. Nampalys Mendy (sub)

In my humble opinion, Kasper's save was as important as Hamza's 94-minute shift and the two goals. 

EDIT: Just been reliably informed that it was a pointless save, as it was offside. I just presumed that my dodgy stream skipped a minute or so, and that their corner came to nothing but a goal kick!

Edited by HitchinFox

4 hours ago, HitchinFox said:

In my humble opinion, Kasper's save was as important as Hamza's 94-minute shift and the two goals. 

EDIT: Just been reliably informed that it was a pointless save, as it was offside. I just presumed that my dodgy stream skipped a minute or so, and that their corner came to nothing but a goal kick!

If it was the same "Perethhhh" commentators I was listening to they made loads of mistakes during the match. 

Again, I wasn't pleased with the team selection. No width and it looks to me like our creative midfielders have no idea of their actual roles in the side. We just looked so much better once Barnes came on and I would always play a winger as it pulls defenders out and gives the likes of Maddison, Perez & Tielemans more space and pockets. It was a good win, although again our lack of penetration was obvious and there is no way we should have allowed a very poor Sheff Utd side back into that match.

Kasper -7- Fantastic save which won us the points as much as our goals. No chance with their goal.

Ricardo -7- Better in defense and made some decent runs.

Evans -7- Solid as usual. Maybe he and Soyuncu could have done better for their goal?

Soyuncu -8- Really coming on. Good positioning, some good tackles and passes too. Great to see some pace in our backline. Harry who?

Fuchs -6- Beaten a few times on his side and didn't look as good as against Chelsea.

Choudhury -9- MOTM. I like N'did, but for me Choudhury is a far better player. Was everywhere and loved his passion.

Perez -6- Slightly better than in recent games. Put in a couple of decent crosses and set up Maddison for our goal.

Tielemans -6- Still not reaching last season's levels. Put in a great cross which Vardy should have buried. 

Maddison -7- His pass for Vardy's goal was superb. Worked hard too.

Praet -4- Not writing him off at all, but looked well off the pace and had no impact whatsoever.

Vardy -6- Great and typical Vardy goal, but missed a great chance from Tielemans cross, but worked hard and made some good runs.

Subs:

Barnes -7- Should have come on much earlier, or have started the match. Sublime goal. Really pleased for him.

Morgan -6- Did what Morgan does. 

Mendy -5- Not much time to make an impression. Conned into giving a dangerous free kick away.

Rodgers -6- As previously mentioned, I don't like this team set up. We are not creating proper chances and there is a lot of ponderous and pointless passing. We dominated 75 minutes but had to rely on a wonder goal to win it when we should have put the game to bed by half time. But we won and that is the main thing. Bournemouth next and that will be another test for us. We must start creating more clear cut chances.

Sheff Utd -4- Great to hear an honest manager for once.  Well done Wilder for saying they deserved nothing, because they were very poor, and will struggle in this league. They should have been buried by half time. Apart from work rate there is nothing in that side to achieve P/L survival.  But they still could have pinched a point because of our lack of creating decent chances.

Officials -6- One point off for not booking that player for diving after Mendy's challenge.. Instead he gave them a dangerous free kick. Otherwise I thought they did OK.

Edited by ThaiFox
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, smr said:

Vardy a 10, 8 for the goal and 2 bonus points for this

69607745_10156581784322644_2962780964628

always makes me lol at the horror/shock/confusion of their fans.

It's like where's wally, that photo, except they're all wally. Big fan of the top right green t-shirt guy: "I disapprove of this behaviour." Or the raw guy who's threatening to envelop Vardy in his beer gut.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Sadly it was actually irrelevant, as offside was given.

Sadly, the True TV channel out here decided to stick for a few seconds after I saw the save! When the match came on again the play was on the halfway line!

Was still a brilliant save though and no way did Kasper know it was offside.

• Like 1

Choudhury MOTM without a doubt 9

Maddison, Kasper, Fuchs, Vardy & Barnes. 8

the rest 7s...

Great team performance from everyone with Perez nicking the ball to give Maddison the chance for ‘that’ pass to Vardy. Kaspers worldy of a save, and Barnes rocket. Great day all round at a tough ground to visit...

• Haha 1

I think the scores are harsh on Perez and generous to soyuncu. Perez won the ball back a fair bit for us yesterday an under appreciated skill. 

Personally thought whilst defending well soyuncu gave the ball away unchallenged a fair few times and a couple of unessasary hoofs. A good team will punish him for some of those poor passes 

Can't understand that no-one on this forum is raving about maddison. The guy is on another level from the rest of  our midfield, Tielemans included. 

The passes that he puts through to vardy and others  are World class . I'll be amazed if we hang on to this guy next year. I can't think of a better player in his position in the epl. Tell me if I'm wrong. 

major-general Hamza - 10 - a Kantesque performance, he was simply everywhere must've made a million clearances. Tbf In his present form, I'd put him before Wilf in the pecking order. Thanks to his hairstyle he can cover more ground and tirelessly combs the pitch for any stray balls 

Madders & Vards - 8

the rest - 7s and 6s

I thought only Mendy was below par, very rash when he came on, probably wanted to impress the manager, didn't help much (unlike Wes) instead made a careless tackle which resulted in a free kick from a dangerous spot.

1 hour ago, CyprusFox said:

Can't understand that no-one on this forum is raving about maddison. The guy is on another level from the rest of  our midfield, Tielemans included. 

The passes that he puts through to vardy and others  are World class . I'll be amazed if we hang on to this guy next year. I can't think of a better player in his position in the epl. Tell me if I'm wrong. 

You're wrong!!

giphy.gif

There were people on here raving about Madders since last Sunday at least (I'm the one with the beard)

That pass was pure filth! I think my heart stopped for a second when some Sheffield savage made a reckless tackle on him and only got away with a yellow

I'm positive about him staying for another year at least. After the Maguire transfer everyone in Europe understands that we know how to bargain and they won't buy any talented Leicester players for peanuts

Edited by Chester Dontlie
THAT PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !