Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

On This Day Thread - On Going

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Koke said:

One of my favourites goal of that season. 

If anyone deserves to be a Legend for the scoring of a single goal it's Huth mind you he contributed way more than just that goal.

1 hour ago, davieG said:

If anyone deserves to be a Legend for the scoring of a single goal it's Huth mind you he contributed way more than just that goal.

Well he got 2 away at Man City too.

And the free kick against Stoke :ph34r:

Edited by Facecloth

Just now, davieG said:

Anyone feeling old ?

Last week we had a player scoring in an FA Cup game who said that Jamie Vardy was his idol growing up. A man who has just turned 34 and is still playing. We're all old!

Anyways, Elliott was a top class signing. No surprise that he's still so popular, worth every penny and more of that record fee.

• Like 1

On 11/01/2021 at 19:46, Anglodanglo said:

For anyone interested here's a couple of 'On This Day' games from the early noughties.

A young Robert Huth sat on the Chelsea bench

20210111_194435.thumb.jpg.8f3593275ecafcc5e91407a23b59228b.jpg

567738929_ZomboDroid11012021193242.thumb.jpg.373a98a4579610f82e84b4aa97369127.jpg

Didn't Taggart get sent off in that game against Stoke?

IIRC it was ridiculously foggy that day. Could barely see up the other end of the ground.

On 11/01/2021 at 19:46, Anglodanglo said:

For anyone interested here's a couple of 'On This Day' games from the early noughties.

A young Robert Huth sat on the Chelsea bench

20210111_194435.thumb.jpg.8f3593275ecafcc5e91407a23b59228b.jpg

567738929_ZomboDroid11012021193242.thumb.jpg.373a98a4579610f82e84b4aa97369127.jpg

Am confused by the dates here, which seem to imply that both games are in the same season (2003-2004), but our team is completely different.  I suspect a brain fart on my part. What am I missing?

Also, one name I don't recognise on our team sheet was "Brooker" for the Chelsea game.  Who was he?  (Looked an awful squad for that match - no wonder we were trounced).

54 minutes ago, deep blue said:

Am confused by the dates here, which seem to imply that both games are in the same season (2003-2004), but our team is completely different.  I suspect a brain fart on my part. What am I missing?

Also, one name I don't recognise on our team sheet was "Brooker" for the Chelsea game.  Who was he?  (Looked an awful squad for that match - no wonder we were trounced).

Paul Brooker. IIRC, he was one of the few players Adams signed on returning to the PL who was under the age of 30. I seem to remember Adams saying something like, "he's nothing spectacular" when he signed him. I think he might have said he only plays well when the weather's nice, as well. He barely ever played.

On 16/01/2021 at 14:38, davieG said:

Anyone feeling old ?

Leicester City Football Club

· 

Foxes legend Matt Elliott signed for Leicester City 24 years ago today!

Image may contain: 1 person, standing, on stage and close-up

Yes... A reminder that it's been at least 24 years since I was a kid... 😭

7 minutes ago, Mythyaar said:

This day 5 years ago. 3-0 v Stoke. Dream was well and truly on after that game. Wasn't it the infamous Huth free kick too ?!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1